Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
7B7DE413-2851-4B05-B231-D24484F75226.jpeg

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014

Holy crap, what a terrible way to go out.

Also, if the Caps don't address this via a signing/trade, there might actually wind up being a team with worse goaltending then us this season.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
They have Ilya Samsonov so I don't feel bad for them.
Sure, but having a guy in his early twenties who has such a small sample size be THE guy might create some issues.

Just look at a guy like Subban. Former 1st rounder, like IS. Had a good first season on a good squad at around the same age. Obviously Subban was the backup, so it didn't hurt Vegas all that much when his play dropped, but still.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
People expected him to be good for the Caps? I thought it was a hope to ride the wave to a cup.

I dont get people. Goalies who have had multiple dealing years. I've said this several times in different ways here. Its odd how hard it is for people to accept a goalie is done and at best going to give you average play.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Sure, but having a guy in his early twenties who has such a small sample size be THE guy might create some issues.

Just look at a guy like Subban. Former 1st rounder, like IS. Had a good first season on a good squad at around the same age. Obviously Subban was the backup, so it didn't hurt Vegas all that much when his play dropped, but still.

Yeah. I am pretty high on Samsonov.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Another shot with Q, not the best case but he did get some games with Toews then. Shamefully Marchand had to end that with classlessness.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

Samsonov is much more highly touted than Subban ever was. Subban has already proven he sucks in the NHL, while IS has shown he can handle it in a small sample size. I would trade a really good piece along with Subban to get Samsonov here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad