NHL: Around the League 45

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Saad and Seabrook are lazy off the ice. In the case of Seabrook he's lazy on the ice too.

Seabrook has worked his ass off to become a top pairing defenseman on 3 Cup winning teams. Is he lazy now? Sure..... but he’s also 35 and played 11237 NHL games at this point. Maybe he’s just tired and worn out these days.

Ypu don’t get to that level being lazy throughout your entire hockey career.

Strome on the other hand is the one who needs to come into the playoffs or next season looking like he’s worked his ass off and put the hard time in on the ice and in the gym. So far he has not shown that.

Last edited:

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Yeah I don't think this season is going to have a finish.
I mean I feel like it’s almost a sure thing that there’s gonna be a team that gets hard with it at once. How fun are these playoffs gonna be when they need to scramble to replace most of the team with replacement level players who haven’t played a real game in 6-8months to go up against the defending cup champs? Are we gonna suspend the playoffs when we inevitably hit a large number of positives?

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
This was always going to be a logistical nightmare.

The baseline caveat to any plan was keeping people healthy. They cant even do that... and not through any great incompetence, thats simply the reality of a pandemic.

Im personally on board with simply cancelling the remainder of the season and treating the next few months as an extended off season.

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
Oh wow players testing positive for covid in a state that has had stupidly lax restrictions the whole time, shocker.

I’ll be pumped if theres hockey at some point but I definitely won’t be counting on it.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
It might be ok by phase 4 when the players are locked down. But to get to that stage it will be extremely difficult.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
It might be ok by phase 4 when the players are locked down. But to get to that stage it will be extremely difficult.

It's not difficult, it's inconvenient. Basically players have to self-isolate for two weeks before training camp, during camp and then go in the bubble.

I guarantee if all the players took precautions, masking in public indoor spaces, keeping to bubbles of 5 or 10 people and social distancing they would not spread covid to each other during voluntary training.

It's nothing more than lots of families have done especially if they have immunocompromised members.

But I get the impression that it isn't happening, certainly according to social media Matthews at least was out and about partying. Again I don't know how reliable that is.

But even on the Hawks there's photos of Toews with his arm around fans unmasked. Like don't do that.

Again it's not difficult, it's inconvenient. I just don't think the players care enough about coming back to give up those conveniences.

Reactions: Fortyfives

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I still can't believe all of the leagues are going through with their play resumption plans. It just seems incredibly optimistic at this point, and that's putting it nicely.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Not going to lie, I predicted that Amazon would buy the naming rights to the Seattle arena, but I wasn't expecting it to be named the "Climate Pledge Arena".

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I've never paid more than 2 minutes attention to the name of a Hockey Rink, honestly.

It's a branding opportunity, either for the team, or somebody paying the team. Nothing more. I have no romanticism for the names of buildings.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Our team plays at Shitty Airlines Center, I don't care either.... but shorthand names are nice. UC sounds good, even the full name is short and to the point. The Seattle arena is just sorts awkward, imho.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Pretty ironic that Amazon is naming an arena with anything having to do with being eco-friendly. That company can probably have their own separate mega-landfill just for all of their packaging crap.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Pretty ironic that Amazon is naming an arena with anything having to do with being eco-friendly. That company can probably have their own separate mega-landfill just for all of their packaging crap.

The packaging is all recyclable. Hell, they've even made most their envelopes for packaging reusable.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Most plastic is recyclable, but it costs so much money to recycle that they won't do it. It was a scam by big oil in the 80s to keep the industry alive.

I think the figure is around 9% of consumer plastics that get carted off for recycling actually get recycled. And as opposed to paper or aluminum, the net carbon benefit is murky. As a society we simply need to use less plastic.

Reactions: Boqvy wan Kenobi

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Most plastic is recyclable, but it costs so much money to recycle that they won't do it. It was a scam by big oil in the 80s to keep the industry alive.

The vast majority of Amazon packaging is paper.

I've received at least 150-200 Amazon packages since the end of March. Every box was paper(cardboard). Most padding inside is crumbled up paper, with occasional plastic air bags, but only for the most fragile stuff. Half the envelopes have been reusable paper. The other half have been the white, reusable ones. Even their tape is biodegradable. What does plastic have to do with it?

Reactions: Pez68

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I think the figure is around 9% of consumer plastics that get carted off for recycling actually get recycled. And as opposed to paper or aluminum, the net carbon benefit is murky. As a society we simply need to use less plastic.
Big time.

I really regret going into chemical engineering. Our people f*** things up more often than not. In retrospect I wish I'd have done electrical engineering instead.

Part of the reason I've abandoned hope of working in the industry is that I actually don't want to be associated with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad