Status
Not open for further replies.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
I guess the Hawks know how to get out of Shaw's contract now

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
brutal back and forths what the hell was that? hopefully they look themselves in the mirror. Im sure most people would be embaressed by what they say in private dms or texts but jeeze.

Matty24

May 16, 2020
Hey guys,

First post here so I apologize if I am off topic or at the wrong place but I need Hawks fans opinion. Having an argument with my 17 year old son the question is :

At the end of the day and at the prime of their respective careers who of Keith or Chelios was a better D.

We are both habs fans from Montreal but we disagree on this one.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Matty24

May 16, 2020
Hey guys,

First post here so I apologize if I am off topic or at the wrong place but I need Hawks fans opinion. Having an argument with my 17 year old son the question is :

At the end of the day and at the prime of their respective careers who of Keith or Chelios was a better D.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Hey guys,

Chelios. By a decent margin.

Matty24

May 16, 2020
Chelios. By a decent margin.
Thank you !

that is what I am saying but my son says that I (and you I guess) are bias to whom we have watched play in our youth. He says everybody on these type or boards are old and will choose Chelios because of that reason but that Keith was more important to the Hawks than Chelios has ever been to any teams.

thank you for your response

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
.57 pts/game for Chelios

[TBODY] [/TBODY]
.53 pts/game for Keith .. so far

Chelios has 3 Norris wins vs Keith's 2
Chelios is in the HOF ... Keith will be once he retires.
Keith has 3 cups to Chelios' 1
Keith has a Conne Smythe to 0 for Chelli

I don't think it's so cut and dried to say Chris is the better D over Keith ... he was edgier that's for sure

Oh and I'm one of the older fans here and remember Chelios and loved him as a Hawk.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Thinking about the ripple effect of this is fun:
(old article)
What if … Chicago Blackhawks traded for Eric Lindros? (NHL Alternate History)
How it affects the Blackhawks:
Hasek remains a Blackhawk
Lindros never gets destroyed by Scott Stevens

Significant Players that never end up with the Blackhawks(potentially)
Eric Daze
Tony Amonte
Alex Zhamnov

Nords/Avs effects:
Sundin remains in Quebec
Roy never gets traded there, and goes elsewhere.

Last edited:

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Thinking about the ripple effect of this is fun:
(old article)
What if … Chicago Blackhawks traded for Eric Lindros? (NHL Alternate History)
How it affects the Blackhawks:
Hasek remains a Blackhawk
Lindros never gets destroyed by Scott Stevens

Significant Players that never end up with the Blackhawks(potentially)
Eric Daze
Tony Amonte
Alex Zhamnov

Nords/Avs effects:
Sundin remains in Quebec
Roy never gets traded there, and goes elsewhere.
One can't assume the Hawks win 3 cups if that trade had happened. I'm fine with the way things turned out.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
One can't assume the Hawks win 3 cups if that trade had happened. I'm fine with the way things turned out.
Yeah I wasn’t old enough to really appreciate lindros prime and the butterfly effect almost assuredly means we don’t have the same team that went 3 in 6 so Im glad it didn’t happen but a core with Lindros/Roenick/Chelios/Hasek would have been a tough one to beat. Although I can’t imagine old man Wirtz ponying up the dough. Think JR still would have been on his way out.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
.57 pts/game for Chelios

[TBODY] [/TBODY]
.53 pts/game for Keith .. so far

Chelios has 3 Norris wins vs Keith's 2
Chelios is in the HOF ... Keith will be once he retires.
Keith has 3 cups to Chelios' 1
Keith has a Conne Smythe to 0 for Chelli

I don't think it's so cut and dried to say Chris is the better D over Keith ... he was edgier that's for sure

Oh and I'm one of the older fans here and remember Chelios and loved him as a Hawk.
Um, 1 cup? Chelios has 3 cups. Though the 2008 one he was regulated to a 3rd pairing not even every game player.

I just find it hard to evaluate, how actually good was Chelios defensively say compared to Keith. Because in the era of being the big hard hitter was praised but was it actually good for results on D.

Reactions: Matty24

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Yeah I wasn’t old enough to really appreciate lindros prime and the butterfly effect almost assuredly means we don’t have the same team that went 3 in 6 so Im glad it didn’t happen but a core with Lindros/Roenick/Chelios/Hasek would have been a tough one to beat. Although I can’t imagine old man Wirtz ponying up the dough. Think JR still would have been on his way out.
When I started to really understand what was going on in sports, Lindros was in his prime. He was just unreal.

To the bolded: No shit, that's why Lindros wasn't a Hawk.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Um, 1 cup? Chelios has 3 cups. Though the 2008 one he was regulated to a 3rd pairing not even every game player.

I just find it hard to evaluate, how actually good was Chelios defensively say compared to Keith. Because in the era of being the big hard hitter was praised but was it actually good for results on D.
Oh sh*t .. I forgot all about Detroit! :oops: Well .. understandable.
No Conn Smythe's for Cheli.
Still think it's a wash between the two as to who's the better all around D.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Hey guys,

Chelios for sure.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Pretty much a wash, imo. Now if someone is asking who I'd rather have on my team, I'd take Keith hands down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad