NHL: Around the League 45

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Hey guys,

First post here so I apologize if I am off topic or at the wrong place but I need Hawks fans opinion. Having an argument with my 17 year old son the question is :

At the end of the day and at the prime of their respective careers who of Keith or Chelios was a better D.

We are both habs fans from Montreal but we disagree on this one.

The gap between Chelios and his peers was greater than the gap between Keith and his peers.

I'm not sure that makes him better in a vacuum, but it makes his impact on his teams larger.

Reactions: Matty24

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Only saying this because it’s in the NHL thread, but I was hoping Toews was going to say how pumped he is to be back in the playoffs and what it meant to him.

Obviously what he did say is still awesome though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawksfly2gether

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Only saying this because it’s in the NHL thread, but I was hoping Toews was hoping Toews was going to say how pumped he is to be back in the playoffs and what it meant to him.

Obviously what he did say is still awesome though.
I'm sure he's pumped, and that statement will come closer to the play-in round, but a post like that right now would be tone-deaf.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011

1) These guys are bottom of the barrel, lowest common denominator, sports entertainment "news" pundits. They've spent years and especially the last few months talking about absolutely nothing.

2) Unfortunately they do have a mysteriously large audience so I hope this isn't damaging to hockey in the US or the NHL as a whole.

3) It's extra important that the NHL gets back on TV now. Them being the only live sport on television (with the UFC) could be huge for them. I really hope this all works out.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

1) These guys are bottom of the barrel, lowest common denominator, sports entertainment "news" pundits. They've spent years and especially the last few months talking about absolutely nothing.

2) Unfortunately they do have a mysteriously large audience so I hope this isn't damaging to hockey in the US or the NHL as a whole.

3) It's extra important that the NHL gets back on TV now. Them being the only live sport on television (with the UFC) could be huge for them. I really hope this all works out.

People who get upset and respond to hot take nothingness feed the beast and help sustain it. Don’t point more eyeballs toward these guys.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

idontusethisanymore

This is joshprost99
Apr 6, 2016

NASCAR's been back for about a month now

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
SAS is a known hockey hater. He once bragged about being proud to have previously not known that an NHL team existed in Columbus (which, to be fair, would've been true for a decent segment of casual NHL fans at the time).

He doesn't care, don't give him the time of day because he continues to vocally not care.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
They're idgits!
NHL should consider a new marketing campaign that subtly conveys that hockey appeals to the more intelligent sports fan .. you know .. due to the speed of the game.
That will leave these two stooges in the dust.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
All I know is that ESPN is only good for actual broadcast games (oftentimes on mute) and documentaries. As someone that lived on sportscenter in the late 90s/early 2000s, I honestly don't care two craps about their million overpaid taking heads trying to outshout each other.

Reactions: ClydeLee

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
All I know is that ESPN is only good for actual broadcast games (oftentimes on mute) and documentaries. As someone that lived on sportscenter in the late 90s/early 2000s, I honestly don't care two craps about their million overpaid taking heads trying to outshout each other.

Yeah, sportscenter was great back in the day, but then espnews came out and gave you all the same info and highlights in half the time. At this point it's all obsolete.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Yeah, sportscenter was great back in the day, but then espnews came out and gave you all the same info and highlights in half the time. At this point it's all obsolete.
Which is why they need guys like Kellerman and Smith saying ridiculous shit to stay relevant. I would have no idea who Max Kellerman was if it wasn’t for the random viral video of him saying something ridiculous that pops up every now and then on my social media feed. I just don’t understand why so many people still eat it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad