NHL 22 Wishlist

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Supposedly beta info leaked. Weird that they showed nothing at EA Play or the expansion or entry drafts. I know that game development in general has been more challenging during the pandemic, so maybe that has slowed development down plus the rumored switch to Frostbite engine?

Reactions: BestPlayerAvailable

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
I hope they fix free agency. Should do something where on the first day a lot of the players sign. Maybe a time thing like they do with the trade deadline.

You should be able to counter any offer another team gets. I hate this one shot to make an offer. If someone beats me let me know how much and if I can beat it. Let’s start bidding wars!

plsyers that don’t get signed and are free agents still in August shouldn’t be still asking for 5 years 7 million per season. They ask for one year lower cap it prove me deals.

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
I hope they fix free agency. Should do something where on the first day a lot of the players sign. Maybe a time thing like they do with the trade deadline.

You should be able to counter any offer another team gets. I hate this one shot to make an offer. If someone beats me let me know how much and if I can beat it. Let’s start bidding wars!

plsyers that don’t get signed and are free agents still in August shouldn’t be still asking for 5 years 7 million per season. They ask for one year lower cap it prove me deals.

99% of the big name FA are signed on first couple days. They usually decide by July 4.

As for later in FA I always see the ask go down the longer they sit. Usually a couple mil and a few years off by end of August. RFA work like that too, if I'm low on cap I always qualify and sit on them until like mid July at least.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
99% of the big name FA are signed on first couple days. They usually decide by July 4.

As for later in FA I always see the ask go down the longer they sit. Usually a couple mil and a few years off by end of August. RFA work like that too, if I'm low on cap I always qualify and sit on them until like mid July at least.

Are you sure about the asking price? I saw one player going into the season still a free agent asking for 10 million.

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
Are you sure about the asking price? I saw one player going into the season still a free agent asking for 10 million.

Yep, definitely sure. Just played a franchise here the other day where Landeskog went to free agency. Started at 11m for 7 years July 1st, he was down to 8m for around 5 years early August but someone out bid me.

Also 90% sure that player personality has something to do with it, and possibly morale, so if you play with that off it might not happen? (I've had morale back on ever since they fixed the growth bug)

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Yep, definitely sure. Just played a franchise here the other day where Landeskog went to free agency. Started at 11m for 7 years July 1st, he was down to 8m for around 5 years early August but someone out bid me.

Also 90% sure that player personality has something to do with it, and possibly morale, so if you play with that off it might not happen? (I've had morale back on ever since they fixed the growth bug)
Yes I don’t play with morale on

spfan

May 4, 2009
- Ability to edit/create draft classes in Franchise mode. It's nice that you can essentially do it for the first few years, but after that, you can't. I remember you could do that in an NBA 2k game, maybe they still have that, haven't played one in years though.

- I thought it was dumb when they dropped players 1-2OVR and they already stopped having 99OVR players. I think McDavid should be. All the other sports games have them. Why do they cap the top player at like 95OVR?

- Definitely need to revamp their algorithm when it comes to the OVR too. It makes it hard to even have that high rated of players with their current one. Also certain things are weighed too much(checking and def. awareness). Passing needs to have more weight in the OVR. Small, skilled players can't get a good enough OVR without making it unrealistic for things like checking, def. awareness.

- Full customization to create a team. Full customization on jerseys. Also would love for them to add the ability to just use a custom logo online. I know WWE games have allowed that.

- More options for create a player. More hair, facial hair styles especially.

- I feel like goalies have been needing improvement forever. I want to have games where they're stopping everything. It also never felt like to me that there was any or much difference between an elite goalie and a low level one in game.

- I think dekes/dangles can be improved upon

- Older players decline too fast in OVR. Sometimes in real life, they fall off a cliff earlier, but players can be solid players at 40 sometimes too. I find it dumb that you see stars retire in the AHL. In real life, they'd have retired already then.

- I think they overdid it in draft pick values this year. Maybe make them a bit more valuable than NHL 20, but not quite as much as 21.

- Ability to trade draft picks in roster management. Lets players that use custom rosters be able to replicate real life trades.

- You should be able to quit when loading a game for playing online like threes. There's been times where I'm guessing someone quit and then it's just kind of frozen on the loading screen. And takes so long for it to put you back in the menu.

Reactions: Mal Reynolds

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
- Ability to edit/create draft classes in Franchise mode. It's nice that you can essentially do it for the first few years, but after that, you can't. I remember you could do that in an NBA 2k game, maybe they still have that, haven't played one in years though.

- I thought it was dumb when they dropped players 1-2OVR and they already stopped having 99OVR players. I think McDavid should be. All the other sports games have them. Why do they cap the top player at like 95OVR?

- Definitely need to revamp their algorithm when it comes to the OVR too. It makes it hard to even have that high rated of players with their current one. Also certain things are weighed too much(checking and def. awareness). Passing needs to have more weight in the OVR. Small, skilled players can't get a good enough OVR without making it unrealistic for things like checking, def. awareness.

- Full customization to create a team. Full customization on jerseys. Also would love for them to add the ability to just use a custom logo online. I know WWE games have allowed that.

- I feel like goalies have been needing improvement forever. I want to have games where they're stopping everything. It also never felt like to me that there was any or much difference between an elite goalie and a low level one in game.

- Older players decline too fast in OVR. Sometimes in real life, they fall off a cliff earlier, but players can be solid players at 40 sometimes too. I find it dumb that you see stars retire in the AHL. In real life, they'd have retired already then.

- I think they overdid it in draft pick values this year. Maybe make them a bit more valuable than NHL 20, but not quite as much as 21.

- Ability to trade draft picks in roster management. Lets players that use custom rosters be able to replicate real life trades.

- You should be able to quit when loading a game for playing online like threes. There's been times where I'm guessing someone quit and then it's just kind of frozen on the loading screen. And takes so long for it to put you back in the menu.

I really wish they had a wider range of overalls between players. It seems like everyone is so bunched up together.

Another thing I want them to revamp is the development system. Give me some options like in MLB the show to work on and develop.

I would love if players overalls raised and dropped between years. If you had a bad season your overall drops a bit. Another bad season it drops again.

RandyBobandi

Apr 16, 2012
Saskatchewan

This please!! I would love to be able to edit the draft players. It gets really annoying with the auto generated guys and their dumb names like Tiny Ovechkin, Terrance Goalie and all the other stupid names. It would be nice to edit their names and faces. I know you can do that in Madden and in MLB and have been able to do it for years would be nice to do it in hockey finally

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Crazy that this game is due out in 2/3 months and hasn’t even been formally announced.

Be nice to have some kind of word from EA about the game - is it even happening? :laugh:

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Crazy that this game is due out in 2/3 months and hasn’t even been formally announced.

Be nice to have some kind of word from EA about the game - is it even happening? :laugh:

maybe it’s so big surprise and they completely overhauled the game!

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
I really would like it if they put more into Be a Pro and GM Mode more than anything. Team practices, more storylines, more free agency stuff etc. If they do that my faith will literally be restored. Also would be cool if there were different eras you could play in: helmetless 70s, high flying 80s, DPE etc. That stuff would be great, I'm pretty sure has features like that.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Here is what 2K looks like for those who dont know. Heres what drafting and the “social media” aspect of the game looks like. If EA did just some of this their franchise mode would be the best its been in years. Like when u draft someone u get analysis. Unlike in EA where u just draft and move along. Madden does the same. Makes for boring games.

2K also has its faults tho. Continually change how to shoot. Guys miss easy ass shots and teams go one runs where you will score 4 points and they will score like 15. View attachment 453088View attachment 453089
They need to iron out actual gameplay fundamentals first before wasting time on the social media narratives.

Reactions: Matt UK

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
the only thing i play is chel 3 on 3 eliminators, so if they could make even 1 or two improvements that would be amazing. not holding my breath though.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Was hoping that they would go to the Frostbite engine with the jump to next gen.

Probably is just going to be a bare bones game on next gen with a stripped version of franchise mode, HUT, online, and the same Be a Pro mode as last year and not much else except for some graphical upgrades.

Blegh. I may skip it this year if there's no notable improvements to justify the PS5 version.

RoyalRed

Apr 8, 2013
This is weird that there's no news. I'm (im)patiently waiting here for the actual game and there hasn't even been a trailer or cover reveal or anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad