GDT: NHL 22 Entry Draft (July 7th - 8th | 7:00 PM ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
So far I love this draft. Caps got rid of VV and looks like they have some sleeper scoring in the future. Watching the development will kill some of the doldrums during the season.

Reactions: usiel

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
@Langway @Marshall @usiel Any other potential high-skill steals that could be available mid-to-late rounds? Loving these high-skill Euros we are snagging this year.

I am so worried that we are going to overpay a goalie on $AAV w/ term. Hopefully it does not happen.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
NHL Network noting 2023 is a deep draft with 3rd/4th rounds next year could match this years 2nd round talent wise.

This is where you move the likes of Eller for a 2nd and 3rd round '23 pick at some point (TDL).

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Logan Morrison stands out as an upside play. He's a double re-entry so he could play in Hershey next year.

I like the upside plays but absent a slider it may be better to target more of a blend of skills late. Chesley brings plus defense but they could use more of a high motor type up front, too. Like a Lisowsky, Spicer, Davies, Ward. Petrovsky & Barbashev stand out as worthwhile. Maybe Reid Dyck. Jack Sparkes. Hugo Havelid. Charlie Leddy.

Reactions: LesDiablesRouges

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Gotta be honest, I love what they’re doing. Besides Chesney they are taking guys who can be electric offensively if their development works out which is great because they have enough plodders and muckers in their prospect ranks already. This is exactly how I hoped they’d approach this draft — swing for the fences and even if you don’t hit a home run hopefully you get a few triples or off-the-wall doubles.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Gotta be honest, I love what they’re doing. Besides Chesney they are taking guys who can be electric offensively if their development works out which is great because they have enough plodders and muckers in their prospect ranks already. This is exactly how I hoped they’d approach this draft — swing for the fences and even if you don’t hit a home run hopefully you get a few triples or off-the-wall doubles.
I agree and love this comparison.

Cappy76

Sponsor
Sep 1, 2005
London, Kentucky

100% they’re knocking this one out. Hope this is a sign of things to come this off-season.

Reactions: Holtbyisms

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
Talbot and Gibson via trade.....Potentially Varly on a buy-low in FA.

Really, really hoping that we avoid giving Kuemper a 6X6 contract.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
With Keith retiring you'd have to think Edmonton will open the vault for Kuemper, though I guess they may instead aggressively try to keep Kane.

TheFountainhead

Red Nation
Sep 8, 2008
Washington, DC
The only thing that I would’ve done differently if I had control of that room was to go Perevalov at 70, but even that’s picking nits given that the player selected also has a quality offensive profile. I VERY much support the other three selections.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Talbot seems unhappy. Wild are also loaded on Dmen who could be a good fit for the bottom pair. Wonder if we could snag Talbot and Kulikov for Samsonov

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
This was one of the guys I was hoping for in the later rounds. Was talked about as a potential first round pick before his draft year kind of fell apart and he went undrafted.

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
Talbot seems unhappy. Wild are also loaded on Dmen who could be a good fit for the bottom pair. Wonder if we could snag Talbot and Kulikov for Samsonov
If the only alternatives are giving Kuemper or Campbell 6M+ per year or trading for Gibson, then sign me up for Talbot. I'm still hoping for someone like Lehner or Ullmark, but who knows if they're actually on the block.

Reactions: Jags

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Lucas Johansen making the team as a depth dman would be a real turnaround as a former first rounder who struggled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad