NHL 22 Discussion

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Be a Pro isn't bad but if I gotta hear "eIcHeL's MaKe iT sNaPpY zOnE AbIlItY!" one more time I'm going to kill someone. Got drafted to Buffalo 1st overall and we're like 17-1-0 it's ridiculous

Reactions: mattihp

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Anyone know which roster sharing is a good one to use for franchise mode on the PS5?

Does anyone know if people update players overall to separate the gap between elite, star and average players?

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
Anyone know which roster sharing is a good one to use for franchise mode on the PS5?

Does anyone know if people update players overall to separate the gap between elite, star and average players?

I'll be honest, I thought we'd have some great rosters after roster sharing was introduced. But it's very slim pickings on the PS5 at least.

Reactions: CapSpace

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I'll be honest, I thought we'd have some great rosters after roster sharing was introduced. But it's very slim pickings on the PS5 at least.

True Sim rosters by Cycloniac have been good for me on PS5 if you like a good sim experience

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
How do you deal with teams that just use speed in EASHL 6s? My friend and I are alright, we were pretty good last year but not as good this year since passing was kinda nerfed (although making it harder to get passed through traffic was good and makes sense) and that was our main way of attacking. However the one playstyle that always gives us trouble is guys that just use speed up the wing and skate around the defenceman. The AI just seems to stand there and let the other guy skate around himself. Is there a strategy you can set that makes them engage the puck carrier more?

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
How do you deal with teams that just use speed in EASHL 6s? My friend and I are alright, we were pretty good last year but not as good this year since passing was kinda nerfed (although making it harder to get passed through traffic was good and makes sense) and that was our main way of attacking. However the one playstyle that always gives us trouble is guys that just use speed up the wing and skate around the defenceman. The AI just seems to stand there and let the other guy skate around himself. Is there a strategy you can set that makes them engage the puck carrier more?
You can try full aggression but the best way to deal with that is to make sure both of you aren't caught low in the event of a turnover. The AI is atrocious defending straight-line speed, so you better have a guy post up in the high slot so he can effectively backcheck.

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
I played the game for the last couple of days with my bro in law, and right now, i f***ing hate it. Last time, i played with him in mid february and we were fairly matched, but nowadays, i cant do a shit against him. Mostly cause of the f***ing pokecheck. He will just poke the puck away off me effortlessly, even if he is behind me, he would just outskate me and voila puck in his possesion now. If i try to do the same to him, half the time its him who will retake the puck again, because i either poked the puck in the direction of his movement anyway, or another of his players wil skate in and take it - meanwhile my player gets stuck by the body of the player he originally poked and i cant get to the puck. Finally, he learned a move which is a goal like 50 percent of times, wrapping around the net and shoot into opposing corner, something i have not mastered yet. Does not need to do this with some star players, he played for Edmonton or Dallas and scored these goals frequently with some bottom sixers or dmen - brad malone, f***ing bouchard and broberg, guy named patterson or so for dallas…

All in all, i realize At this point he is simply better and if i play as much as he does (i did not since February at all while he did), i might get more competitive again, but still.… there are moments when i do fairly good, and in such moments its neutral zone battle, with him having 4. Shots per period and me having 3. Not really lot of fun for me there. I try to play the game like its meant to, getting the puck down low, cycle around the boards, getting it to blue line and shoot with Ds looking for goal, deflection Or rebound - i dont recall scoring single goal like that. Meanwhile he will burst into my zone, i poke away the puck off him to twice, yet somehow it remains in his possesion, he will skate behind the net, wrap-around, goal. Oh well.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I played the game for the last couple of days with my bro in law, and right now, i f***ing hate it. Last time, i played with him in mid february and we were fairly matched, but nowadays, i cant do a shit against him. Mostly cause of the f***ing pokecheck. He will just poke the puck away off me effortlessly, even if he is behind me, he would just outskate me and voila puck in his possesion now. If i try to do the same to him, half the time its him who will retake the puck again, because i either poked the puck in the direction of his movement anyway, or another of his players wil skate in and take it - meanwhile my player gets stuck by the body of the player he originally poked and i cant get to the puck. Finally, he learned a move which is a goal like 50 percent of times, wrapping around the net and shoot into opposing corner, something i have not mastered yet. Does not need to do this with some star players, he played for Edmonton or Dallas and scored these goals frequently with some bottom sixers or dmen - brad malone, f***ing bouchard and broberg, guy named patterson or so for dallas…

All in all, i realize At this point he is simply better and if i play as much as he does (i did not since February at all while he did), i might get more competitive again, but still.… there are moments when i do fairly good, and in such moments its neutral zone battle, with him having 4. Shots per period and me having 3. Not really lot of fun for me there. I try to play the game like its meant to, getting the puck down low, cycle around the boards, getting it to blue line and shoot with Ds looking for goal, deflection Or rebound - i dont recall scoring single goal like that. Meanwhile he will burst into my zone, i poke away the puck off him to twice, yet somehow it remains in his possesion, he will skate behind the net, wrap-around, goal. Oh well.
I know the feeling. Until you catch up (if you do) learn to play a good cycle and puck possession style which is harder for speedy teams. Try to get a feel for the different strategies and to find safe puck passages. Sometimes ridiculously easy short passes are enough for the other players to find better positions to break out. If nothing else, it will frustrate him and maybe lead to a penalty or two. I don't win against superior oppostion with this but I do enjoy the game more and keep the numbers respectable.

Reactions: Miri

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
I know the feeling. Until you catch up (if you do) learn to play a good cycle and puck possession style which is harder for speedy teams. Try to get a feel for the different strategies and to find safe puck passages. Sometimes ridiculously easy short passes are enough for the other players to find better positions to break out. If nothing else, it will frustrate him and maybe lead to a penalty or two. I don't win against superior oppostion with this but I do enjoy the game more and keep the numbers respectable.
Thank you. I started to turn it around a bit in the last day before he left, winning 2 of 4 games, before that i was losing everything no matter what. So perhaps i finally grew into it. But i needed strong team, better than he has, if was other way around, no chance.

Reactions: mattihp

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Anyone else have issues with random blue bar, black bar, flashing triangles, etc on the ice in Chel drop in on ps5? It's in about 1/3 of my games and always has been. It's pretty disorienting and my dad was epileptic. I've never had seizures or anything and don't think I have epilepsy but this definitely seems like something that could trigger seizures in people with it. I'm surprised there hasn't been any sort of lawsuit as I have seen people complaining about it on social media. It's funny they can virtue signal about the topic of the day spending 30 seconds to type out some half assed screen that pops up every time you open the game, but something to do with making the game accessible for people with health conditions? nah.

Reactions: LivingRentFree

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Why aren't my jersey number showing on some games in franchise mode? Also, how the game is syncing and not showing the ice when I score a goal late in the third period?

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Having the minors and the CHL, Euro leagues has completely fooked up the rating system. Get rid of all of them.
Rating system was always bad. Adding those leagues you could have fixed it. There shouldn’t be so many 90 plus players.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I still can't stand this game against the CPU.. the AI and the way players are locked into a system absolutely kills it for me. Yes teams play systems, but it doesn't dictate every single decision they make on the ice like it does in the game.

Last edited:

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Spent a lot of time creating the Nordiques to play franchise mode. Mode still has a lot glitches. Custom goal horn doesn’t work, the fans are wearing the Nordique colors but have an Anaheim Ducks logo displayed instead. Doesn’t seem to matter who I take in the expansion draft, I will always finish the first year with a .500 record.

EASHL was my favorite mode to play, especially in 13 and 14. Not only are the connection issues always a problem, but the movement of players is so sluggish and unresponsive.

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
Spent a lot of time creating the Nordiques to play franchise mode. Mode still has a lot glitches. Custom goal horn doesn’t work, the fans are wearing the Nordique colors but have an Anaheim Ducks logo displayed instead. Doesn’t seem to matter who I take in the expansion draft, I will always finish the first year with a .500 record.

EASHL was my favorite mode to play, especially in 13 and 14. Not only are the connection issues always a problem, but the movement of players is so sluggish and unresponsive.

I created the Nords aswell and replaced the Coyotes with it, so basically a relocation.

Bugs still piss me off. Showed Liljegren as a UFA. I offered 6 million, obviously didnt read the next screen saying it was an offersheet. Bye Bye draft picks.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015

Similar case happened with my custom expansion team.

Also, jersey numbers don't sometimes show during gameplay.
On top of that, the game doesn't sync properly, after scoring a goal one out of ten times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad