NHL 22 Discussion

Reindl87

May 18, 2012
What game mode are you playing? I play franchise and there are always a bundle of guys hitting 80 points and maybe 7-8 hitting 100 or close to it.
Thanks, I have only played individual seasons so far. So I ll try if its better in franchise mode like you have said.
Thanks.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Since it’s available on EA play I been playing. Started my franchise. Game is worse than 2021 somehow. Ur AI team mates are still dumb and passing still sucks.

Idk if ill touch 2023

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
Since it’s available on EA play I been playing. Started my franchise. Game is worse than 2021 somehow. Ur AI team mates are still dumb and passing still sucks.

Idk if ill touch 2023
Yeah I tried it on game pass and I hated it so much, still missing features from last gen all EA cares about is HUT and online garbage.

Be a pro is still shit, live the life from last gen was better and GM mode is somehow worse, the AI is garbage and the animations don't feel realistic at all.

It's sad how far this franchise has fallen.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Yeah I tried it on game pass and I hated it so much, still missing features from last gen all EA cares about is HUT and online garbage.

Be a pro is still shit, live the life from last gen was better and GM mode is somehow worse, the AI is garbage and the animations don't feel realistic at all.

It's sad how far this franchise has fallen.

There are things they havent fixed in yeeeeears all they fix is the presentation. Same with Madden GM mode

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Game is almost unplayable. Passing is atrocious. Somehow it got worse. Idk how many plays or break aways have been ruined by this new passing systems

As usual my AI teamates are morons who skate into me or dont even move

Like how are the AI guys im playing hella aggressive and my guys so passive smh

Reactions: Frosty415 and I3LI3

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
2K or someone needs to do a damn hockey game give EA some competition so theyre not lazy

f***ing Paul Stastny beats me on a face then takes the puck with 4 of my guys hanging on him and gets a shot off

I cant even make a break out pass or have them actually successfully complete a 2 on 1

Reactions: Frosty415

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
playing 3v3’s club is so beyond stupid. if you and your buddy are playing center and wing, and leaving the computer at defense be prepared for the computer to get burnt 10 times a game. it’s so ridiculous. the computer has absolutely zero defense IQ when it comes to that game mode.

the nhl series has gone downhill so fast. this coming from someone who has played hockey games for 21 years now. this easily my least favorite NHL game ever which is funny because my record online is something like 140-18-6

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
In my second season for franchise and ill be in here alot cuz im playing this game alot

How is Ben Bishop not solveable? Why are all my shots weak or just shit? 60 shots on Ben Bishop only 2 go in right. Same when I played with Shesterkirk

Again the AI ur playing against are smarter and stronger.

Like I legit watch them skate in between my AI guys and get a shot off. Its also sometimes impossible to bring the puck up. AI defenders are 1000xs better

My AI guys have no puck drive or offensive attack. Ill chip away a puck from someone in my defensive end and my AI guy will just skate back into defensive position instead of getting the back. An AI of mine will chip away the puck and you would think he would go and get it for some offense but nope.

Also hate how theres always one AI defender u cant shake even if u pass to someone else.

Idk how many times I have been scored on because of shitty passing. Either a TO and they score or when I try and set up a play or a 2 on 1 the pass goes to someone else or in a the wrong direction.

They have also killed the realistic appeal of this game with the cut scenes. Very bland. No goalie intros. Players warming up. pBp is dry.

Franchise mode feels how its felt for years and still feels like a sloooooow beta

Last edited:

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
This game is dumb. Cant even set up plays with ur AI teammates cuz theyre either skating into u, standing around or on the completely wrong side.

I try and do back and forth with my defenseman but one of them sometimes skates back.

Also weird that AI players sometimes can skate and harrass on my guys he passes it and that same player is on him

And what happened to forwards breaking out when D has the puck? These fools skate towards me.

Need to update fighting too. Not every fight ends in a knockout. Cut scenes are horrible.

How did this game go downhill so fast?

Franchise mode has felt like a beta for years

Lastly still no create a goalies mask mode

Last edited:

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Played about 10 games with a friend over playing on the same team in franchise mode and the opposing team had 0 penalties against them in every game. Meanwhile we got several phantom penalties and got several goals called off when we didn't even touch the goalie. How does that ever happen. I played this game several times before and AI on the opposing team would get penalties against them but now they don't get any in an actual game.

Nearly every goal the AI had was stealing it from one of our Dman who would skate himself into a corner or lose the puck in front of the net and since we lock ourselves at C and RW it was so frustrating.

Bench Clearer

Aug 10, 2023
Starting a new season with the expansion Seattle Kraken. I'm giving them a Slap Shot goon squad type of identity by trading some of the alumni to the team. Rather than making them an all star squad with the likes of Gretzky, Lemieux, Howe, Coffey, Roy etc I'm taking guys who can play but are also known for their robust physical styles and (at least in most cases) their formidable fighting ability.

My line one center is Eric Lindros and he's the only real superstar player (I allowed myself one) but he also plays physically. All he has to do is avoid getting a concussion and he should be fine. My created player is my line one right winger, basically a high scoring classic forward like Tocchet or Neely but I have a hair trigger temper due to my 99 aggression rating and lack of poise, so I end up taking a lot of penalties (it makes things a little more interesting). Also, I'm a 99 fighter and body checker so combine that with a ton of ice time and I basically rack up 70s Dave Schultz penalty minutes. Due to my Al Iafrate esque slap shot and my Esposito esque habit of scoring on the rebound I can still rack up points despite only an average deking rating.

Line two includes Wendel Clark and Terry O'Reilly at each wing with Doug Gilmour at center (okay fine two superstars, whatever). I call this line Demolition like the classic WWF tag team and they even have Demolition's theme as their theme song. Keep those Seattle area babysitters away from Dougie!

Line three features Bob Probert at left wing and Tie Domi at right wing. Both of them are rated 80 overall and I believe they were being a little generous with Tie's rating but I'm okay with that.

Line four features Peter Worrell at left wing and Sandy McCarthy at right wing. Okay I lied, not everyone on this team is a good player but I've always had a soft spot for goonery. The more the merrier!

On defense, I left Jamie Oleksiak alone because he's a beast, and also kept Giordano for his veteran leadership and robust physical style. Got rid of a couple of guys and replaced them with Ken Daneyko and Rob Ramage. Undecided if I should add Marty McSorley or Garth Butcher for added depth. Maybe Brian Marchment? We'll see.

Move over 91-92 Sabres, thirty years in the making your league record for most team penalty minutes in a season is about to be utterly annihilated by my fictional 21-22 Seattle Kraken!

Bench Clearer

Aug 10, 2023
Oh and by the way, I exclusively use NHL 94 controller settings because who needs fancy dekes and whatnot? Not me. My team plays with no real strategy at all apart from "dump the puck in, smash them against the boards, hopefully force a turnover and get someone open in front of the net for a point blank chance" or "take a bunch of slap shots from the point and if we don't score then hopefully someone can bang home a garbage goal on the rebound." I guess Mike Keenan must be the coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad