NHL 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I just love how they have the pre-order link in that tweet too lol. "Ovi is a 93 overall! We haven't shown anything, I mean literally anything in terms of the actual game, but please buy it."
The fact they haven't released any gameplay is so telling alone!

Question to anyone testing the game now, did they leave the scoreboard on the bottom of the screen this year? Or is it back in the upper corner where literally every broadcast always has it.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
The fact they haven't released any gameplay is so telling alone!

Question to anyone testing the game now, did they leave the scoreboard on the bottom of the screen this year? Or is it back in the upper corner where literally every broadcast always has it.
Was at the bottom of the screen in the test.

Reactions: mk80

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Thachuk's "new" between the legs goal....you could do same move in NHL 06...ea being ea...

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I know they say AI improvement every year, but the video did a good job in describing and demonstrating some AI improvement, so I'm cautiously optimistic. I mean, I do doubt it'll ever be perfect, but little steps towards a better AI is better than no steps.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
I know they say AI improvement every year, but the video did a good job in describing and demonstrating some AI improvement, so I'm cautiously optimistic. I mean, I do doubt it'll ever be perfect, but little steps towards a better AI is better than no steps.
This was by far the most encouraging thing in the trailer, and the only thing I really cared for.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
As i saw someone post on reddit say:

"The AI will go from an infuriating level 10 to a level 8 if the AI improvements are true"

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
A bunch of shitty dekes? A between the legs that's already in the game?

Shouldn't be surprised they added absolutely no substance at all. It's actually comical how bad this development team is. Definitely ain't buying this shit again.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Not buying this year that is for sure. My house has EA Access so when it is free on there I will give it a go and likely delete it shortly after .....

Reactions: DieselPig

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
I just hope player away from the puck cycle more intelligently and actually try and get open. Played some Franchise last night and amazing how much the players bunch up when attacking and then CPU has a much more fluid cycling when they attack.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Madic

May 21, 2008
It's 2021 and we can finally chip the puck!
This and tipping slap-passes into the zone (from the neutral zone, as a dump-in) are two of the most common hockey plays that I've been waiting for...but it's weird to see it as a "major change". Like yay, but ugh.

Reactions: robertmac43

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
At this point I think I'll wait and save money for (god willing a much improved) NHL22.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Is this yet another in a 7+ year run of basically the exact same game with same create a jersey/goalie helmet/logos and minimal actual difference in gameplay???

Reactions: mk80

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Is this yet another in a 7+ year run of basically the exact same game with same create a jersey/goalie helmet/logos and minimal actual difference in gameplay???
Yes.

And they'll start all over with a bare bones game on next gen next year.

Reactions: Oddbob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad