NHL 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
not buying until videos come out confirming the broken coaching system in Be A GM is fixed or removed.

Here is 4.32m T sign 8 coaches over the NHL and AHL. In order to resign your head coach it will be 4.5m though? Oh guess he will just stay unsigned for the next 22 years as one of the best coaches in the game. COOL

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
I know this is probably server related, but when playing online versus, why has their never been a series option? Like a best of 3 or 5 against same player.

I don’t think I can ever play 7 straight games online, but 3-5 seems fair.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I will not be buying this game. At least not at full price and will do so at a heavy discount.
I did not buy 20. And I did not miss it.
NHL has some STUPID competition this year - Cyberpunk, AC, Destiny 2 Beyond Light, COD, and the other sports titles as well. OH and not to mention the new CONSOLES coming out as well.
Add that up and people will not have the funds to buy all of those games, so games like NHL will absolutely tank in sales this year. not just because of a crappy product but because of some incredibly hyped series of releases upcoming this fall/winter.

Reactions: DieselPig

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
Be part of the solution and don’t buy this game. I used to buy it every year and it took some willpower to stop but nothing is going to change with these shit games if people keep buying them.

Ideally EA just stops making NHL and someone else comes along.
If EA stops making it, it will because it is no longer profitable for them to do it. Almost always when that happens nobody else will pick it up because the risk outweighs the reward. There was never any exclusivity agreement with the NHL and EA, 2k stopped making hockey games because they were not making any money on them.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
If EA stops making it, it will because it is no longer profitable for them to do it. Almost always when that happens nobody else will pick it up because the risk outweighs the reward. There was never any exclusivity agreement with the NHL and EA, 2k stopped making hockey games because they were not making any money on them.
NHL is not going to just give up and go "OH WELL NO MORE VIDEO GAME FOR US BECAUSE EA f***ED IT UP" get real dude

edit because of the other stupid things said. 2k didnt stop making it because it wasnt profitable. they lost the license. EA bought it exclusively. So 2k has to make hockey games with fake players and thats not profitable.

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
NHL is not going to just give up and go "OH WELL NO MORE VIDEO GAME FOR US BECAUSE EA f***ED IT UP" get real dude

edit because of the other stupid things said. 2k didnt stop making it because it wasnt profitable. they lost the license. EA bought it exclusively. So 2k has to make hockey games with fake players and thats not profitable.

Source that the licensw is excluaive? I don't think it is...

Boeser Fan

Jun 23, 2018

Please don't spread fake news.

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013

EA does not and has not ever signed an exlusivity deal with the NHL. The only league that they have ever made that kind of a deal with was the NFL. You seem convinced so why don't you provide a source for your claim. If such a deal was ever signed there would be plenty of news articles or other sources proving it. In case you want proof that your are wrong, here is a tweet from 2017 from the official EA NHL twitter account that clearly states that they don't have exclusive rights.

Next time provide a source before attacking another poster and calling what they say stupid. Especially when you are factually wrong.

As to your other claim that the NHL will never be without a game, The PGA had a longstanding relationship with EA with their Tiger Woods series and when that ended it was several years before a new PGA game was created. So unless there is another company willing to make a NHL game it is a very real possibility that if EA stopped making them there wouldn't be any hockey games.

EA cancelled their NBA Live series in 2019 even though 2K's new agreement with the NBA was not exclusive which means EA chose to stop making NBA games. Probably because the NBA Live series was no longer profitable.

2K has continued to release NHL hockey games, but instead of consoles they focused on Mobile. They released mobile NHL games in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 and when their game was released in 2014, Chris Snyder their vice president of marketing said they dont plan on releasing a new console NHL game any time soon. They clearly chose to stop publishing console games because they didn't make money and instead chose to target the mobile market.

2K Sports brings back NHL 2K — on mobile platforms

Last edited:
Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Why aren't you people play Franchise Hockey Manager 6 on PC ? it's 1000000000000000000x better

Because this is about playing an actual video game. Eastside Hockey Manager is also for PC? What's your point?

2K has continued to release NHL hockey games, but instead of consoles they focused on Mobile. They released mobile NHL games in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 and when their game was released in 2014, Chris Snyder their vice president of marketing said they dont plan on releasing a new console NHL game any time soon. They clearly chose to stop publishing console games because they didn't make money and instead chose to target the mobile market.

Did anybody actually play the NHL2K game? I always thought it was fun. It always crashes now, but my career mode is something I wish I could attempt to play back again lol.

Is the Skill Stick honestly the only thing preventing 2k from making a game again?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
2K still has their NHL licence.

Frankly, I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a return of 2K hockey on the next-gen consoles at some point.

There was an interview with one of the top 2K execs, who essentially said they wanted to broaden their sports portfolio again. Which is why they’ve picked up PGA, are re-entering the NFL market, etc.

I’m not saying it’s going to happen. But currently there’s nothing preventing from doing so.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
All you complainers: I don't see what the big deal is, it's basically a 60 dollar subscription to play a hockey game. If you play it enough, it's worth it. Get over "new" features or lackthereof. You either playin Online Versus, 3v3, 6v6, or HUT or some form of them.

I, for one, am a dedicated cheller. I couldn't care less about features, just put out the updated version I will buy it and play it till the cows come home. I love chelly and I love wreckin noobs!
You sound like a completely reasonable person.

Devilinlillinois

Jun 5, 2015
All you complainers: I don't see what the big deal is, it's basically a 60 dollar subscription to play a hockey game. If you play it enough, it's worth it. Get over "new" features or lackthereof. You either playin Online Versus, 3v3, 6v6, or HUT or some form of them.

I, for one, am a dedicated cheller. I couldn't care less about features, just put out the updated version I will buy it and play it till the cows come home. I love chelly and I love wreckin noobs!

Then your a part of the problem if you think dishing out the same thing over and over again and never adding new features then what is the point of even letting someone continue a franchise it's boring and nothing more more then a cash grab but considering it is EA it's not surprising only thing they care about is the money screw if the game is good when EA some day hopefully goes under we can actually get people who care about the franchises they do

Reactions: mattihp

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
Then your a part of the problem if you think dishing out the same thing over and over again and never adding new features then what is the point of even letting someone continue a franchise it's boring and nothing more more then a cash grab but considering it is EA it's not surprising only thing they care about is the money screw if the game is good when EA some day hopefully goes under we can actually get people who care about the franchises they do

I think the problem is less me and more the fact that there is no other hockey game available. I personally love playing Online Versus. I play a few nights a week, I enjoy it and that's about it for me. I play very few other video games. EA NHL, I can hop on for 20-40 minutes, and I have FUN playing that game. Is that not the point? Online Versus is about the only mode I play anyway. I think you all either need to relax or move on, or develop your own hockey video game, because it's not that unreasonable that people like this game, and it's not a big deal either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad