Speculation: NHL 2021 Entry Draft -- "Don't Call It A Rebuild"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
The Hawks best hope at this point is for Raty to continue dropping like a rock and the Hawks scoop him up in the mid-1st. I have a feeling that kid will be this draft's Mat Barzal.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
The Hawks best hope at this point is for Raty to continue dropping like a rock and the Hawks scoop him up in the mid-1st. I have a feeling that kid will be this draft's Mat Barzal.

Lots can happen between now and the lottery. You should try to enjoy what’s happening with the current young players instead of freaking out and thinking every win automatically means a lower pick.

New York played in last season’s bubble and still got the first pick. You never know what will happen.

Reactions: Fortyfives

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Lots can happen between now and the lottery. You should try to enjoy what’s happening with the current young players instead of freaking out and thinking every win automatically means a lower pick.

New York played in last season’s bubble and still got the first pick. You never know what will happen.
Aren't they changing the lottery format?

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Also, there is still no indication whether the draft happens this year, or not. If I was a betting man, I would bet on the draft being pushed back a year. Which pushes back the development of any 2021 draft eligible players.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
He's a good complimentary piece, but not an elite talent.

It would definitely be great for us to add another Dach caliber talent.

This

Whether forward or D, we could use one more elite prospect. If he hits his ceiling, Reichel is a 2nd line winger.

Of course we could get lucky like Tampa and draft a Point or Kucherov in the 2nd or 3rd. Seems more likely than getting another top 3 pick imo. We’re not bad enough to finish in the top 5 right now.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Of course all of this is an opinion and not an exact science.

In the on the clock series mark Kelly said he thought Reichel could be a “pillar”

Obviously the hawks are very very high on him.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Filed under penetrating observations.
That's not what I meant.

A team like Tampa can make a run at the cup without having to add a Dach caliber talent.

But for us, a team in rebuild, we realistically need to add another player like that to the team's future core if we want to be true contenders.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Whether forward or D, we could use one more elite prospect. If he hits his ceiling, Reichel is a 2nd line winger.
I don't think that's his ceiling.

I think his ceiling is a 1st liner, but not the go-to guy on the line. He's the kind of player who'd be the glue that keeps the line together. So probably the third best player on a 1st line, but a necessary complimentary piece. For example a line like DeBrincat-Dach-Reichel. Dach is going to be the main playmaker, DeBrincat the main scorer, but Reichel plays that support role.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
That's not what I meant.

A team like Tampa can make a run at the cup without having to add a Dach caliber talent.

But for us, a team in rebuild, we realistically need to add another player like that to the team's future core if we want to be true contenders.

Sure. It's like teams are in different places.

WRT the Hawks, the probability of adding an elite talent via FA (fairly soon) may be higher than pulling one from the draft.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
I don't think that's his ceiling.

I think his ceiling is a 1st liner, but not the go-to guy on the line. He's the kind of player who'd be the glue that keeps the line together. So probably the third best player on a 1st line, but a necessary complimentary piece. For example a line like DeBrincat-Dach-Reichel. Dach is going to be the main playmaker, DeBrincat the main scorer, but Reichel plays that support role.

So Brandon Saad?

I guess what I’m getting at is I don’t think he’s gonna be a star or an elite forward. Good player, not elite.

For comparison, I think Dach can be one of the best two way centers in the game. (In his prime)

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
So Brandon Saad?

I guess what I’m getting at is I don’t think he’s gonna be a star or an elite forward. Good player, not elite.

For comparison, I think Dach can be one of the best two way centers in the game. (In his prime)
I see Reichel as more of a Hoffman/Kubalik type. Better offensive tools than Saad, but probably not as good of a defensive winger.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
If thexsesdon finished as per current standings ,Hawks woukd be drafting 21st...

Current Teams=31

Hawks currently 11th place league-wide..

Seattle will be 32nd team and gets at least 3rd pick overall...so bumps Hawks to 1 pick later than current standings...

With tgex21st pick Chicago selects *fill in blank)....

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
If thexsesdon finished as per current standings ,Hawks woukd be drafting 21st...

Current Teams=31

Seattle will be 32nd team and gets at least 3rd pick overall...so bumps Hawks to 1 pick later than current standings...

Completely skewed by # of games played.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009

Current Teams=31

Imagine being naive enough to think, in a season where teams might not all play the same number of games, draft standing would be decided by raw points alone.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad