Speculation: NHL 2021 Entry Draft -- "Don't Call It A Rebuild"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I hope the Hawks are bad enough to stay in the top 10 and I hope they choose a forward.

Any of Johnson/Beniers/Raty are fine with me if they're picking in the 6-12 range.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
A couple ofcremkndrrs about yhex2921 draft;

1.Seattle gets 3rd highest #of chances in the lottery draw process for round #1...meaning they get a 10% chance of drafting #1 and the worst puck they coukd get is #6 overall...I believevthey then will draft 2st for every round after #1(barring trades they might make).

2.Arizona forfeits their first rounder..so logocally they cannot participate in the lotto draw as normally would if they fail to make playoffs..Means all other lottery teans get higher quantity of chances.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
They might end up shipping off their pending UFAs at the deadline and that should help the tank...

*Checks Notes*

So one of Smith, Soderberg, and Janmark is going to fetch a 1st from a contender?

Also, I wonder how the pandemic will shape deadline deals? Will there be hesitancy to trade across the border due to not being able to get a player in the lineup right away? Obviously there was just a huge trade between Winnipeg and Columbus but it’s still something to consider. Laine was traded on Jan 23rd and has yet to play a game in Columbus 10 days later

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
*Checks Notes*

So one of Smith, Soderberg, and Janmark is going to fetch a 1st from a contender?

Also, I wonder how the pandemic will shape deadline deals? Will there be hesitancy to trade across the border due to not being able to get a player in the lineup right away? Obviously there was just a huge trade between Winnipeg and Columbus but it’s still something to consider. Laine was traded on Jan 23rd and has yet to play a game in Columbus 10 days later

no chance but in terms of taking talent away from the roster they could make trades for a 2nd or 3rd for Soderberg and Janmark and that helps the tank...Smith is worth nothing, hasn't played in almost a year

Reactions: ClydeLee

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I dont know what Sodeberg said but I recall a recent comment of a reporter, I think Ben Pope saying, hes answering like a guy who knows this isn't the team he will be with after the TDL

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
*Checks Notes*

That's really only an issue for Canada/US trades.

FeatherHead

Oct 5, 2017
joel farabee just recorded a hatty tonight and was selected 14th...good players are available all throughout the first round, clearly a top 5 pick would be great but things happen and good players fall for one reason or another...

Like Teravainen. We’ll end up trading them away anyway.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
I was thinking about this earlier today...

Let’s say Lanker ends up having a really good year, do you still go Wallstedt if he’s the BPA?

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Berniers and Johnson are going top 5. They are two best centers in the draft.
We’re looking at Raty. Eklund. Wallstedt. McTavish. Guenther between 6-12

Gary_Bettman_in_2016_%28cropped%29.jpg

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
I was thinking about this earlier today...

Let’s say Lanker ends up having a really good year, do you still go Wallstedt if he’s the BPA?

It’s possible. Or grab a good forward/d and grab Cossa in the second round. Not a bad fall back option

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Berniers and Johnson are going top 5. They are two best centers in the draft.
We’re looking at Raty. Eklund. Wallstedt. McTavish. Guenther between 6-12
No. But didn’t they change it a bit? Hey, I’ll run with Dach and Berniers/Johnson all day long. I just don’t see them available 6-12. That’s all. Eklund is a stud though and is probably the third best center in the draft.

Beniers. One R.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Tankathon.com is a fun website to check out if people haven't yet...

As of today Chicago sits 10th overall with that #7 Arizona forfeited pick ahead of us...

So with the draft lottery the Hawks cold pick 1,2,3,10,11,12 or 13

If they win at lottery(again!) they'd be set up for a dman...Power,Clarke, Lambos,Edvinsson, Hughes
If not they'd be looking at a forward...McTavish, Raty, Lucius, Eklund

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Tankathon.com is a fun website to check out if people haven't yet...

As of today Chicago sits 10th overall with that #7 Arizona forfeited pick ahead of us...

So with the draft lottery the Hawks cold pick 1,2,3,10,11,12 or 13

If they win at lottery(again!) they'd be set up for a dman...Power,Clarke, Lambos,Edvinsson, Hughes
If not they'd be looking at a forward...McTavish, Raty, Lucius, Eklund
If the Hawks finish in the 9-11 range again, I think Raty would be my target. I've convinced myself that he could end up being a steal because the talent is there but the production isn't. You never know about those guys.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well of Wallstedt is tge clear BPA (scouts consider hom the best goaliecto come out of Sweden in last 5-6 years)... so even if Lankinen looks to be our #1 for years...you can never have too many top goaliecpeospects...because if Lankinen merits a big contract next extention then you may want to develop a goalie when tgat deal is done so tgat Lankiben woukd not get N even bigger cap gobbling 3rd extention.

If the choices left on the board are all about equal in a group of maybec4-5 alternatives...that requires luck to be right that you made tge right pick and not a but...butvif Wallstreet is ngl starter and elitec goalie potential you grab the clear #1 goalie in this draft .

Now IF on the other hand Hawks sign 21 year old free agent goalie Arvid Soderblom as rumoured to be one of the teams trying to sign him...then maybe they see that Sede as the goalie they will work on developing to eventually back up Lankinen then replace him if he gets to a contract level that gobbles too much cap .

Whatever Stan extends Lankinen for,please no NMCs aymore..that limits trade potential.

Are Hawks going to get a franchise 1D at #10 or worse = hell no!

Are Hawks going to get a l difference-maker 1C at #10 or worse = again No!

So getting what consensus thinks is a potential franchise gialiecand probably taken by some team near that area of the draft or a few spots before....woukd bectge logical thing to do even if other Needs are greater to be filled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad