Speculation: NHL 2021 Entry Draft -- "Don't Call It A Rebuild"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Don't think this is too early to discuss... mods smite me if needed

Do we take Powers, Lambos, Luke Hughes, or Edvinnson in the top 5? Does Clarke maybe play the left side?

Dach's brother at 31? :sarcasm:

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Don't think this is too early to discuss... mods smite me if needed

Do we take Powers, Lambos, Luke Hughes, or Edvinnson in the top 5? Does Clarke maybe play the left side?

Dach's brother at 31? :sarcasm:
Either of Powers or Hughes would be huge. Clarke too, but in that possibility, you keep him on the right side and move Boqvist to the left instead (he's played there and done well before).

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
A 6 foot 2 Quinn Hughes would be really nice on the left side...
Yes he would.

Obviously Luke is not as dynamic as Quinn, but his size advantage will help a lot defensively.

A pair of Hughes-Boqvist would be one of the better pairings in the league, and a solid successor to the Keith-Seabrook pairing from the cup era.

Reactions: TheDachKnight

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
We don't know that yet.
No, but going off of what the expectations were at this point before each of their drafts, Luke is less of a dynamic offensive talent than Quinn.

But if Quinn is a kid who can put up 60pt seasons as a defenseman, and his younger brother can only put up 40-50pts a season with a more solid defensive game, would you really have any complaints?

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
It seems like a good year to load up on picks. There seems to be pretty large tiers in this class. Maybe those tighten up closer to the draft after some more games are played.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
What do we know about Jesper Wallstedt?

I see most mocks have him as a mid first rounder. Is this another Askarov type of franchise goalie?

Jesper Wallstedt at eliteprospects.com

According to Scouching he seems to use his size really well and doesn't waste any movements. I believe he said he personally likes him a little more than Askarov, but he also admits he's no goalie expert.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
The first will come from Murphy. Not hoping or saying they’ll move him though.

Murphy with retained money to a contender at tdl with a year of term left def fetches a package similar to prob what Toronto paid for Muzzin...At least a 1st and solid prospect...might not even need to retain but it would certainly boost his value even more in a flat cap world

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
This is a near perfect year for a team that really needs a future #1D, preferably an elite one. I seriously can't recollect a draft with so many D men in the top ten. Will gladly trade short term lumps for long term gain.

All the top guys are left handed too but Brandt Clarke.

Is even Clarke expected to be better than both Boqvist and Mitchell/should he be a target?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad