GDT: NHL 2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs -MOD WARNING #762

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Let the choke begin. Jay Bow steps on Elliot's stick and he couldn't get over.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Was a matter of time, Blues were just hanging on. One draw back of being big and heavy, I guess. Looked gassed in OT.

Kane...what can you say, pulls moves out of his ass out of no where and he's clutch. Kind of reminds me of someone we know.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Very unimpressive game from Shattenkirk. He's pretty ****** in his own zone.

There is a reason Pietrangelo does all the heavy lifting for the Blues and Shattenkirk has been seen as 'expendable'. Parayko's emergence helps that

Kazuichi

Jan 19, 2016
Hot weather south.
Crowd in Sunrise was a disgrace

13014960_10208428702847842_1952087021_n.jpg

Kinda confused on what you expect... given the history of the club,, Miami culture and the Heat currently also in the playoffs...

Yeah, a Miami resident in general is gonna wanna go to a Panthers game over a Heat game...(literally exact opposite franchise success'..) Panthers havent even put a image for themselves in that town. Its growing but slowly.

Of course the crowd will suck right now.
Granted you could talk about the love for sports... but doing that in Miami would be like me pointing out poor Mariners attendance durng football season if the Mariners suddenly made the playoffs... Seattle is clearly a football town.

jdz

May 22, 2013
Will be so totally unsurprised if the blues flub this series from here.

Kazuichi

Jan 19, 2016
Hot weather south.
Was a matter of time, Blues were just hanging on. One draw back of being big and heavy, I guess. Looked gassed in OT.

Kane...what can you say, pulls moves out of his ass out of no where and he's clutch. Kind of reminds me of someone we know.

To be honest given the fact the Hawks are a championship team, they Blues faired very well in the stamina contest... they still lost but played a whole OT toe to toe... they need to do alot more on their tactics though, no idea why they keep going to Hawks ice alone with 3 Hawks all around them..

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Kinda confused on what you expect... given the history of the club,, Miami culture and the Heat currently also in the playoffs...

Yeah, a Miami resident in general is gonna wanna go to a Panthers game over a Heat game...(literally exact opposite franchise success'..) Panthers havent even put a image for themselves in that town. Its growing but slowly.

Of course the crowd will suck right now.
Granted you could talk about the love for sports... but doing that in Miami would be like me pointing out poor Mariners attendance durng football season if the Mariners suddenly made the playoffs... Seattle is clearly a football town.

mmmm...i bet a Mariners playoff series would sell out in minutes. they went nuts for the M's previous playoff appearances.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
mmmm...i bet a Mariners playoff series would sell out in minutes. they went nuts for the M's previous playoff appearances.

Yep, they sold tickets just when they were a legitimate team. Also how is one football game a week going to hurt attendence.

The real team he should poke shots at are the Marlins. Can't even draw Crowds winning a world series. :laugh:

As a fan of the Dolphins I would also say they have one of the worst home crowds in the entire league.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I'm definitely a 'team first' guy, but do have my favorite players. Tonight was a stellar night for perhaps my two favorites, Pat Kane and James Harden, both of whom won playoff games tonight on the last shots of games.

Don't know what to say about Kane's goal; I've watched it repeatedly and it still leaves me speechless. At 27, he now has five OT playoff goals, including a Cup-clincher. Wow.

I was happy to see Detroit eliminated, but it's bittersweet, as I believe the Bruins would have put up a much better fight against Tampa. The odds are against it happening, but Detroit got their two home playoff games, while Boston still has a (long) shot at the lottery.

It's looking like another year without the Cup for Lundqvist. Reading the boards, it sounds as if Vigneault will be the scapegoat.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Finally while I have the chance.....SUCK **** DETROIT! SUCK ****! Really did a lot with your gifted playoff appearance ya bunch of FRAUDS, enjoy Datsyuk's cap hit next year when hes in Russia too ya bunch of knobs.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Always pissed me off Claude waived Nate Thompson to keep the last year of Stephane Yelle.

I forgot about that till watching Ducks last night and I felt rage for that move

Incredibly short sighted move especially for those of us who watched Thompson in Providence and knew he would be an NHL player and high end bottom line glue guy

Wait? Chiarelli didn't draft him - k (snicker)

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Man watching a lot of these teams it keeps making more and more sense why we weren't a playoff team. Man the effort levels and skilled combined are impressive. The hockey this year is unreal. I mean it is every year, but can't get over the quality of so many of these teams. I'd say the only true weak link of the 16 is now eliminated, and it was the one closest to us in terms of total talent.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
the blues hawks game was great.
both teams make hard crisp passes. perfect breakout and stretch passes. etc. always on the tape.

so much better to watch than the bruins games.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I'm definitely a 'team first' guy, but do have my favorite players. Tonight was a stellar night for perhaps my two favorites, Pat Kane and James Harden, both of whom won playoff games tonight on the last shots of games.

Don't know what to say about Kane's goal; I've watched it repeatedly and it still leaves me speechless. At 27, he now has five OT playoff goals, including a Cup-clincher. Wow.

I was happy to see Detroit eliminated, but it's bittersweet, as I believe the Bruins would have put up a much better fight against Tampa. The odds are against it happening, but Detroit got their two home playoff games, while Boston still has a (long) shot at the lottery.

It's looking like another year without the Cup for Lundqvist. Reading the boards, it sounds as if Vigneault will be the scapegoat.

I feel for Lunqvist. Great goalie. I could care less about Vigneault.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
nope, they know how to win and when all is on the line, it`s almost inevitable that their best players are the one`s you see on the scoresheet

they do,
a lot a credit for Crawford last nite.
He was great in the third and OT.
kept the hawks in that game.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Do the Rags blow it up after yet another playoff failure this season?

I'd assume Vigneault is as good as gone already, but what about the core of that team? Or do they hang their hats and say that since McDonuagh and Girardi were out they don't need sweeping changes?

They need to find someone to take Nash of their hands.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Patrick Kane with a ridiculous move to win it in OT. Good for the Hawks that they did not give Kane the Seguin treatment and trade him because of off ice issues.

Detroit makes the playoffs for 25 straight seasons but have now had 3 straight 1st round knockouts, proving that mixing in some youth with aging vets and being a low seed playoff team is not the blueprint for success. I am in fear that the B's are going down the same path.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Patrick Kane with a ridiculous move to win it in OT. Good for the Hawks that they did not give Kane the Seguin treatment and trade him because of off ice issues.

Detroit makes the playoffs for 25 straight seasons but have now had 3 straight 1st round knockouts, proving that mixing in some youth with aging vets and being a low seed playoff team is not the blueprint for success. I am in fear that the B's are going down the same path.

If Seguin contributes in the 2013 playoffs the way Kane has there are two Cups in Boston and he's probably still a Bruin.

One thing sports franchises have in common is that they'll put up with a lot of **** if you produce. And that goes all the way back to the days of Babe Ruth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad