GDT: NHL 2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs -MOD WARNING #762

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Chicago announcer Pat Foley went on a rant about late start times for TV in the Central Time Zone.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Do the Rags blow it up after yet another playoff failure this season?

I'd assume Vigneault is as good as gone already, but what about the core of that team? Or do they hang their hats and say that since McDonuagh and Girardi were out they don't need sweeping changes?

They need to find someone to take Nash of their hands.

This was probably the last crack this core group of Rangers had anyways regardless of the outcome, before the salary cap finally catches up to them.

Chances are E.Staal, Boyle, and Yandle are finished there. They need new contracts for Kreider, Miller and Hayes. They'll probably be decent next year but it's time for them to take a step back.

But blow it up? Can't see it. They are about to enter the dreaded "re-tool" stage the Bruins are in. Doubtful the Rangers ever go full-on rebuild.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
If Seguin contributes in the 2013 playoffs the way Kane has there are two Cups in Boston and he's probably still a Bruin.

One thing sports franchises have in common is that they'll put up with a lot of **** if you produce. And that goes all the way back to the days of Babe Ruth.

Supposedly the "Babe" made Kane and Seguin look like droopy eyed armless children. That's until Mickey Mantle came along. Then there was the Turk.

Yup, it all comes down to delivering when it counts.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I can see the Rags parting with 1 of Hayes/Kreider/Miller, definitely wont be bringing back Yandle Staal or Boyle. They'd be wise to move Rick Nash if they could, he'd still command a pretty decent haul in return. Sweeney and Gorton go back a ways I'd be on the phones and asking whos available, I still think Kreider will be a Bruin at some point.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I can see the Rags parting with 1 of Hayes/Kreider/Miller, definitely wont be bringing back Yandle Staal or Boyle. They'd be wise to move Rick Nash if they could, he'd still command a pretty decent haul in return. Sweeney and Gorton go back a ways I'd be on the phones and asking whos available, I still think Kreider will be a Bruin at some point.

Timing would be right to get Kreider. Good guy to make the prospects beat out. Hayes would have to go back the other way as a throw in to play with his brother.

Couple future picks and Koko+Hayes maybe?

Malt

Jul 6, 2007
Providence, RI
I despise Jason Chimera. Philly D Schultz gives him a little shove and he snaps he head back Subban-style. He's 215 lbs. of B.S. I cringe anytime it's suggested on this board that he'd make a good Bruin.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
The Caps announcers are unbearable - especially Craig Laughlin....that voice.... Mute button work your magic!!!

Man, there are so many bad announcers around. Makes the few good ones stand out. And whatever your thoughts on Edwards (feels like opposing fans like him more than us Bruins fans do when they actually listen to him as opposed to watching youtube compilations), it's just silly when people use him as the standard for bad announcer. At worst, he's middle of the pack when it comes to PBP. Probably top ten, maybe even top 5. The extracurricular stuff drags him down, but ther are others that are just as bad in that department but much worse at actually calling the games...

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
He's also skilled and fast. Would be the perfect RW for Bergy+Marchand.

That Richards deal work out really well for Phily.

Simmonds and Schenn.

You're not kidding. I would take both those guys on the Bs in a heartbeat. The Simmonds contract is an insane bargain for Philly ($3.975 cap hit per year through 2018-19).

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Man, there are so many bad announcers around. Makes the few good ones stand out. And whatever your thoughts on Edwards (feels like opposing fans like him more than us Bruins fans do when they actually listen to him as opposed to watching youtube compilations), it's just silly when people use him as the standard for bad announcer. At worst, he's middle of the pack when it comes to PBP. Probably top ten, maybe even top 5. The extracurricular stuff drags him down, but ther are others that are just as bad in that department but much worse at actually calling the games...

The Panthers one is the worst. Can't stand this squad...

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
You're not kidding. I would take both those guys on the Bs in a heartbeat. The Simmonds contract is an insane bargain for Philly ($3.975 cap hit per year through 2018-19).

And if I remember correctly, people were saying that Flyers lost their mind with that trade. Or was it the combination of their Richards-Carter-Bryzgalov moves in Sweeney fashion?

In the end, turned out very well for all parties as Phily got plenty of talent (Schenn-Simmonds-Voracek-Couturier) and Carter+Richards still got their money and some Cups.

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
I despise Jason Chimera. Philly D Schultz gives him a little shove and he snaps he head back Subban-style. He's 215 lbs. of B.S. I cringe anytime it's suggested on this board that he'd make a good Bruin.

+1

Has done that crap for years...in top 10 on my dislike list

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
The Caps just don't know how to close a series.

They said that the scored 0 or 1 goal in 6 of their last 9 élimination games, not including their 0 to date tonight.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Flyers outshot 44-11, with one of the Philly shots being the empty netter. If they can get a really strong effort out of all their guys and collectively deserve game 6 and force game 7... Caps will start thinking even more than they inevitably already will when media brings up their 1-9 record in elimination games in recent years. Even then, Neuvirth could steal yet another game.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Philly forces game 6. Surprising considering the early domination.

It was mostly a special teams domination with a 8-0 PP goals lead for the Caps the first 3 games.

The last two, the Caps are back to their inept way of closing series.

7th time in their last 10 élimination games that they score 0 or 1 goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->