GDT: NHL 2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs -MOD WARNING #762

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Nonsense.

"Free speech" does not give anyone the right to scream racist or homophobic insults. And I'll ask again, since I didn't get an answer: would you be OK with it if Shaw was shouting the N-word instead?
deleted my post, just saw Wallys warning

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Terrifying situation in Philly. I hope Laughton is going to be okay.

Awful :cry:

13063152_10208471491477531_579947910347368640_o.jpg

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Possibly no officials saw his gesture? I'd think if they did it'd be automatic. As for the slur, I doubt the officials heard it amongst the noise.

He rapped his stick against the glass to get someone's attention. Now way anyone in the vicinity missed it or the double flip off.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
What about when he scored 25 goals in 82 games this year? More than Hayes and Connolly combined.

Great, good for him. I always liked him, though it would have been nice if he'd done that last year. Sometimes it takes a trade to light a fire under a player's behind.

Of course, there were enough people on this board who wanted to get rid of him that he could have hitched a ride all the way to Florida.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Wilson to the quiet room. Manning caught him in the chin with his shoulder. Wilson was going down on the play though.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Wilson to the quiet room. Manning caught him in the chin with his shoulder. Wilson was going down on the play though.

It was one of those "gotta keep your head up" type of plays.

Had he kept his head up, he probably wouldn't have gotten clocked the way he did.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
I have seen chatter that Chris Rooney will be scathing in his report and pushing for one game suspensions of several players.

The Blues are in their 49th season and it has been reported they have NEVER made a profit. Forbes ranks them 24th is franchise value.

http://www.forbes.com/teams/st-louis-blues/

The Blues have a huge exclusive TV footprint with FOX-Midwest that goes from Indianapolis to Kansas City on basic cable and they get decent ratings.

But the reality is the last time the Blues captured the attention of the hockey universe they were on the wrong end of it.....

They haven't been close since

Not the reality as I see it.

The 1986 Blues took the Flames to the 7th game of the Campbell Conference final and the Flames barely beat them in a very close game 7. Very scrappy team that got noticed and that the city fell in love with.

Last edited:

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
It was one of those "gotta keep your head up" type of plays.

Had he kept his head up, he probably wouldn't have gotten clocked the way he did.

I agree. Wilson went to a knee on his own while trying to take a shot, only reason he got hit in the chin.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I know Tom Wilson isn't popular around most places but he can play on my Bruins team any day of the week.

expected more out of Wilson to be honest. I thought after his first year, he`d settle in and be far more than just a guy who skates fast, hits everything that moves while taking stupid penalties.

Let me ask you this, if he was a Bruin first round pick at # 16 which he was for the Caps, would you honestly be pleased with his game in year 3 of his career?

Likes to drop the mitts, is entertaining at times, but for my money.....not yet as impressed as I thought I would be with him, that could change but....

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Reilly Smith killing it, leading the playoffs in points. What a horrible shortsighted move.

its called bruins

and 90% of this fan base who woulda happily driven him to the airport after his season last year

love to see the Smith threads from last year....wager virtually everyone who`s complaining about the horrible trade now were begging for a Smitty trade to happen at the deadline last year

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
expected more out of Wilson to be honest. I thought after his first year, he`d settle in and be far more than just a guy who skates fast, hits everything that moves while taking stupid penalties.

Let me ask you this, if he was a Bruin first round pick at # 16 which he was for the Caps, would you honestly be pleased with his game in year 3 of his career?

Likes to drop the mitts, is entertaining at times, but for my money.....not yet as impressed as I thought I would be with him, that could change but....

I wouldn't hate him on the Bruins. I wouldn't be thrilled if this was his final product as a #16 pick. However he has improved every year and still only 22 (Just turned) so he has time to put it together offensively.

Bruins probably get called for embellishment for the Huberdeau penalty on Hickey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad