GDT: NHL 2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs -MOD WARNING #762

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaskBruin

Evaluation Nation
Sep 27, 2013
Saskatchewan
I think what's getting lost in these playoffs is how come boy wonder isn't tearing up the playoffs? Yet another no show.

Who could have ever seen that coming?...charmin soft

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
I think what's getting lost in these playoffs is how come boy wonder isn't tearing up the playoffs? Yet another no show.

I'd give him a pass because of the achilles' tear. Just a freak injury. Karlsson came back from a worse tear (iirc) and is arguably back to his pre-injury level (slightly worse defensively, slightly more dominant offensively on a worse team). So the pass really only applies to this playoffs, imo. There's still time left for him to come back and go on a tear (no pun intended). I wouldn't mind him not doing so, simply because of the fans around here, but whatever - can't blame him too much as of yet.

Also, if Duncan Keith had been properly punished (instead of getting essentially one meaningful game), the Hawks could very well be eliminated. I really hope the Blues take care of business, but sadly it won't be that big a deal to a team and fanbase that's won it 3 times the past 7 seasons.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I'd give him a pass because of the achilles' tear. Just a freak injury. Karlsson came back from a worse tear (iirc) and is arguably back to his pre-injury level (slightly worse defensively, slightly more dominant offensively on a worse team). So the pass really only applies to this playoffs, imo. There's still time left for him to come back and go on a tear (no pun intended). I wouldn't mind him not doing so, simply because of the fans around here, but whatever - can't blame him too much as of yet.

Also, if Duncan Keith had been properly punished (instead of getting essentially one meaningful game), the Hawks could very well be eliminated. I really hope the Blues take care of business, but sadly it won't be that big a deal to a team and fanbase that's won it 3 times the past 7 seasons.

I think the Hawks may be in for some hardships though. Panarin will need to be paid, they still have no real defense after the big 3, Kane and Toews are going to be eating up a **** ton of cap, and Hossa is declining and has 5 years left (Can't really buy him out, him retiring is even worse). Hell, they have just under 66 million allotted to 9 F, 6 D, 2 G for next year.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
I think the Hawks may be in for some hardships though. Panarin will need to be paid, they still have no real defense after the big 3, Kane and Toews are going to be eating up a **** ton of cap, and Hossa is declining and has 5 years left (Can't really buy him out, him retiring is even worse). Hell, they have just under 66 million allotted to 9 F, 6 D, 2 G for next year.

There are always stupid/desperate GMs you can offload assets on. I agree they'll have a hard time pulling this one out, though. But even if they don't, they'll just shrug, as they have the most cups in the cap era, get back to mediocrity or outright tank towards greatness.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia

Eh. Bowman will trade Panarin for a number 1 draft pick and draft some ridiculous guy who will cost nothing and produce EVERYTHING. Im just reaigned to the fact that no matger what everything he touches seems to turn to gold. Funnily enough I yhink he had a way better deadline this season and I 'think' a better team than last year and they dont look anywhere near as good. Vermette was such a solid player for them this time last year. Big goals all the time.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Im beginning to think he meant Patrick Kane. And honesty, the only way to play Kane is to hit him and just play physical, he hates it, wont want the puck as much and doesnt have the time to hold it cos he knows a hit is coming. Thats what the Blues are doing, its not rocket science I dont know what more teams dont just kill him every chance they get, its effective and Chicago dont have many guys that will do any damage whether they answer the bell or not.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Eh. Bowman will trade Panarin for a number 1 draft pick and draft some ridiculous guy who will cost nothing and produce EVERYTHING. Im just reaigned to the fact that no matger what everything he touches seems to turn to gold. Funnily enough I yhink he had a way better deadline this season and I 'think' a better team than last year and they dont look anywhere near as good. Vermette was such a solid player for them this time last year. Big goals all the time.

I'm not sure they're better. Sharp was huge for them last year and Hossa looks like he'd be lucky to break 10 points even if they made it to the finals. If Bowman didn't land Panarin I don't think Chicago is even a contender. I think Blues win game 5 with Tarasenko getting 2 more. His wrist shot is so ****ing amazing. The number of times he's been able to slip it through the tiniest of spaces makes me so jealous knowing no one on the Bruins can do what he can.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I'm not sure they're better. Sharp was huge for them last year and Hossa looks like he'd be lucky to break 10 points even if they made it to the finals. If Bowman didn't land Panarin I don't think Chicago is even a contender. I think Blues win game 5 with Tarasenko getting 2 more. His wrist shot is so ****ing amazing. The number of times he's been able to slip it through the tiniest of spaces makes me so jealous knowing no one on the Bruins can do what he can.
Id trade Bergeron for him there i said it :cry:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Achilles injury, came back and played one game and then sat out game 3, while I`d be happy to agree with you if he`d been healthy , played all 3 and done nothing, this is just ludicrous

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Thus far, Hawks showing that no matter the splash you make at the deadline (Ehroff/Ladd/Wiess/Fleishmann the last two minor deals but), guarantees nothing

Always get the feeling the Hawks will never be out of a series and when Kane and Toews both have donuts for goals, not quick write them off yet this year either

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Like the Blues but was kind of hoping they'd lose so they be more likely to make a shake up trade.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Yawn. What curse words / insults are acceptable, anyway ?

Crosby has been called Cindy for years on hfboards / in NHL areas, the Sedins have been called the "Sedin sisters" or the "Swedish twins" (in a derogatory way) but no discipline has been taken.

I'm with you. I think the idea of policing types of curse words is the height of ridiculous. It's unfortunate to see him acting like a child, but if most people realize he's acting like a child, great. The idea of a league that suspends players for one game for nearly snapping a guy's neck policing a curse word is just ludicrous. If it bothers someone that much, don't watch it.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

You can add flipping off the refs on the way to the box. Don't see this whole incident going over well for him. NHL already informed the Blackhawks they are investigating the incident.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I'm with you. I think the idea of policing types of curse words is the height of ridiculous. It's unfortunate to see him acting like a child, but if most people realize he's acting like a child, great. The idea of a league that suspends players for one game for nearly snapping a guy's neck policing a curse word is just ludicrous. If it bothers someone that much, don't watch it.

So a player screaming "you ****ing N-word!!" would be OK with you?

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
So a player screaming "you ****ing N-word!!" would be OK with you?

Exactly, its not quite as bad as that some words are worse than others but its a slur, its 2016, you can't really police this if its said off camera but if a guy gets busted in any of the major pro leagues openly saying this on national TV (or even local) there should be a fine no questions asked its still a workplace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad