GDT: NHL 2015-2016 Out of Town Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdz

May 22, 2013
The guy who was supposed to beat up Lucic went after tough guy Bieksa last night

They're ready to build a statue for him as the toughest NHL player on their board. Its like none of their players have ever stood up for a teammate before.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Forsberg scores late to put the Preds up with just over a minute left.

jdz

May 22, 2013
Habs have had a terrific start against the kings. :sarcasm:

:popcorn:

tankscrivens.gif

Last edited:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
.....and Jersey ties it up with 34 seconds left. Preds should be winning this game.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Karlsson -3 again today against the bolts...

Best defenseman in the world though...far better than Doughty :sarcasm:

Switch the players on the other's team and I think you would see DD pull up on the negative side of the ledger a little more often and Karlsson would have a much higher +/-.

jdz

May 22, 2013
Switch the players on the other's team and I think you would see DD pull up on the negative side of the ledger a little more often and Karlsson would have a much higher +/-.

I know, I appreciate that.

Doesn't change the fact that for the best 'defenseman on the planet', the amount of time he spends in his own zone and his GA/60 aren't exactly stellar.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
https://streamable.com/yfnk

I'll take Domi any day of the week.

It's funny. I was just going to talk about this, but I wasn't going to be complimentary. There was some stuff that happened earlier in the game that led up to this, so I sort of get why Domi went after Garbutt, but not really.

In the 2nd period with the Ducks up 3-1, the puck was in the ANA zone and OEL pinched down the boards. He gave Perron a forearm to the back of the head (it was not bad, but he initiated the exchange), so Perron turns and gives OEL a nasty little Crosscheck to the ribs below the padding. The response was a little over the top, but it looked to me like OEL might have milked it a little. They both get penalties, and the Yotes were not happy. They went after Perron a couple of times, but he was not going to fight (typical Perron).

With about 2 minutes to go in the 3rd, Garbutt lays a big (clean) hit on OEL, then skates away as the play continues. First Duclair, then Domi chased after Garbutt with Domi finally jumping him and throwing punches while Garbutt still had the gloves on. I get that Arizona probably felt that OEL was being targeted by ANA, but the bottom line was that it was a clean hit. If you are going to play in the NHL, you need to expect to get hit occasionally. Players jumping other players after clean hits has always been one of my pet peeves. Sometimes, you can tell the teammate didn't see the hit and is just reacting to the result. In this case, the play was right there in front of them.

I think what annoyed me more than anything else, was the ARI announcers celebrating Domi jumping Garbutt from behind and saying "good for him" and that it "had to happen". Why, because OEL got knocked on his butt? I hope they are Ok with it if next time the two teams play, somebody jumps Domi and beats him up.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
It's funny. I was just going to talk about this, but I wasn't going to be complimentary. There was some stuff that happened earlier in the game that led up to this, so I sort of get why Domi went after Garbutt, but not really.

In the 2nd period with the Ducks up 3-1, the puck was in the ANA zone and OEL pinched down the boards. He gave Perron a forearm to the back of the head (it was not bad, but he initiated the exchange), so Perron turns and gives OEL a nasty little Crosscheck to the ribs below the padding. The response was a little over the top, but it looked to me like OEL might have milked it a little. They both get penalties, and the Yotes were not happy. They went after Perron a couple of times, but he was not going to fight (typical Perron).

With about 2 minutes to go in the 3rd, Garbutt lays a big (clean) hit on OEL, then skates away as the play continues. First Duclair, then Domi chased after Garbutt with Domi finally jumping him and throwing punches while Garbutt still had the gloves on. I get that Arizona probably felt that OEL was being targeted by ANA, but the bottom line was that it was a clean hit. If you are going to play in the NHL, you need to expect to get hit occasionally. Players jumping other players after clean hits has always been one of my pet peeves. Sometimes, you can tell the teammate didn't see the hit and is just reacting to the result. In this case, the play was right there in front of them.

I think what annoyed me more than anything else, was the ARI announcers celebrating Domi jumping Garbutt from behind and saying "good for him" and that it "had to happen". Why, because OEL got knocked on his butt? I hope they are Ok with it if next time the two teams play, somebody jumps Domi and beats him up.

At least this time OEL started something a team mate didn't have to get their orbital bone broken. Vitale is still out with concussion issues from that and will probably finish the season on IR having played 1 game all year.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
At least this time OEL started something a team mate didn't have to get their orbital bone broken. Vitale is still out with concussion issues from that and will probably finish the season on IR having played 1 game all year.

Forgot completely about that, but you are correct. Maybe OEL needs to grow a set?

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013

To be fair, 90%+ of the times players retaliate and fans compliment them with a "good for you", including on this board, the initial hit was clean. Not sure, say, Thornton would've got the same response from non-Bruins fans, though. :laugh:

RaskIsABrickWall

Jun 8, 2013
Shrewsbury
I was all in on the Ducks last year...will be the same this year. 10 in a row now

Anderson is like 12-0-1 in his last 13 or something crazy like that

Can they get past the Kings? I want that series again bad.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
I was all in on the Ducks last year...will be the same this year. 10 in a row now

Anderson is like 12-0-1 in his last 13 or something crazy like that

Can they get past the Kings? I want that series again bad.

They should've beaten Chicago last year. A triple and double OT from sweeping them, quite reminiscent of Bruins in the finals (although we also won one OT game), still managed to go up 3-2 and should've closed it out with one chance away and one at home but couldn't (reminiscent of the Bruins in 2014).

RaskIsABrickWall

Jun 8, 2013
Shrewsbury
They should've beaten Chicago last year. A triple and double OT from sweeping them, quite reminiscent of Bruins in the finals (although we also won one OT game), still managed to go up 3-2 and should've closed it out with one chance away and one at home but couldn't (reminiscent of the Bruins in 2014).

I know and i hated it. I am still high on the Ducks and think they can come out of a series vs LA or CHI definitely

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site

Shoulda coulda doesn't matter.

The Leafs should have beat the Bruins in 2013 as they had a 4-1 lead in game 7 with 10:43 left in the game.

shackattack

Dec 9, 2015
Subban trying to stick handle past a Kings forechecker and he is last guy back.lol Result is he is flat on face and puck is in net.And habs fans defending him..Teach kids early in minor hockey to move puck if your last guy back.SELFISH PLAYER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad