GDT: NHL 2015-2016 Out of Town Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
RS18 game winning goal? 21 on the season. terrible trade but understandable.

You think , will be right up there with the many terrible trades this team makes. RS18 sucks so it doesn't matter some will say :laugh:

Hayes was a good pick up for 2.3 mil for his goal every 10 games or so :laugh: Not a very good summer for DS in regards to trades. BRUTLE

Looking forward to seeing if we can get another dime a dozen player like Hayes for Pasta this summer.

That's being kind

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
When I see the numbers Smith is putting up, I do feel we got fleeced on that deal. But I also remember watching him last year wondering if he was even trying. So I understood the trade at the time.

There was a team-wide malaise last year, so maybe it wasn't just him.

With Loui likely walking and RS putting up these numbers in another jersey, it's difficult to put the Seguin fiasco in the rear-view mirror.

Dallas is in the middle of a meltdown, but I thought it was great Jamie Benn fought Paul Gaustad with 12 seconds remaining in the game. There's a risk when key guys like Benn and Bergeron drop the gloves, but I like that they do it.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
[/B]

You think , will be right up there with the many terrible trades this team makes. RS18 sucks so it doesn't matter some will say :laugh:

Hayes was a good pick up for 2.3 mil for his goal every 10 games or so :laugh: Not a very good summer for DS in regards to trades. BRUTLE

Looking forward to seeing if we can get another dime a dozen player like Hayes for Pasta this summer.

That's being kind

B-R-U-T-A-L

If you are going to say Sweeney was brutal, at least spell it right. At any rate, I disagree.

Sweeney dealt Smith for Hayes and also cleared Savard's contract. Smith (who I liked) looked like he was going through the motions, and then Chia gave him a sweetheart extension anyway. Hayes makes less and plays a lesser role with Boston than Smith has with FLA, and as someone pointed out, he's getting big minutes that he would not have gotten here.

The Lucic deal was a win. Sweeney turned one year of Lucic into two 1st round picks, Colin Miller, and Sean Kuraly. Then he replaced Lucic with Beleskey at a $2m discount.

The numbers look pretty damn close to me, and maybe even favor Beleskey (given the TOI)?

Lucic, $6m, 14/22/36, +12, 204 Hits, 15 BS, 15/38 (TA vs GA)
17:03 TOI (2:02 PP)

Beleskey, $3.8m 13/19/32, +15, 202 Hits, 35 BS 20/18 (TA vs GA)
15:44 TOI (1:05 PP)

Not to mention that Beleskey is locked up at that reasonable Cap hit for another 4 years. How much will Lucic re-sign for this summer? At least $6m, maybe more.

I will get flak for this I'm sure, but I think the Dougie deal will eventually be a win as well. B's take a short term hit, but the kid didn't want to be here. Turned him into a 1st and two 2nds, then took Senyshyn, JFK, and Lauzon. When those three are in the NHL contributing this deal will look like a steal for Boston. When Dougie was first drafted, I thought he could be the next big thing, but the last few years have shown that he may never be very good in the defensive end, and that he's not a #1 that you can build a D around. Certainly not worth his $5.75m Cap hit.

Sprinkle in a few FA rookie signings like Vatrano, Czarnik, Accari, and Cave and I thought the Don had a pretty productive summer? While I disagreed with the course of action he took at the deadline, I understood it. Not the end of the world because I thought he was going to be unable to get a Top 4 D at the deadline going in.

Mods feel free to move this to one of the multiple "Hang/Burn Sweeney" threads.

jdz

May 22, 2013
B-R-U-T-A-L

If you are going to say Sweeney was brutal, at least spell it right. At any rate, I disagree.

Sweeney dealt Smith for Hayes and also cleared Savard's contract. Smith (who I liked) looked like he was going through the motions, and then Chia gave him a sweetheart extension anyway. Hayes makes less and plays a lesser role with Boston than Smith has with FLA, and as someone pointed out, he's getting big minutes that he would not have gotten here.

The Lucic deal was a win. Sweeney turned one year of Lucic into two 1st round picks, Colin Miller, and Sean Kuraly. Then he replaced Lucic with Beleskey at a $2m discount.

The numbers look pretty damn close to me, and maybe even favor Beleskey (given the TOI)?

Not to mention that Beleskey is locked up at that reasonable Cap hit for another 4 years. How much will Lucic re-sign for this summer? At least $6m, maybe more.

I will get flak for this I'm sure, but I think the Dougie deal will eventually be a win as well. B's take a short term hit, but the kid didn't want to be here. Turned him into a 1st and two 2nds, then took Senyshyn, JFK, and Lauzon. When those three are in the NHL contributing this deal will look like a steal for Boston. When Dougie was first drafted, I thought he could be the next big thing, but the last few years have shown that he may never be very good in the defensive end, and that he's not a #1 that you can build a D around. Certainly not worth his $5.75m Cap hit.

Sprinkle in a few FA rookie signings like Vatrano, Czarnik, Accari, and Cave and I thought the Don had a pretty productive summer? While I disagreed with the course of action he took at the deadline, I understood it. Not the end of the world because I thought he was going to be unable to get a Top 4 D at the deadline going in.

I'm with you. I think if we get another 2 good kids into the farm this draft, sweeney will have this team looking pretty good in a couple of years. It was always a bridge/reloading phase.

Being critical of him not landing a first or a prospect for eriksson this deadline is shortsighted. As sweeney said on the radio yesterday, there was one first dealt the whole deadline and that was chicago's, which is pretty much a second anyway due to the standings. There were very few teams willing to give up their first round picks for rentals this year.

Back on topic. This is a season to enjoy the little things, like watching montreal get curb-stomped by the ducks. :)

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013

Agreed on all points. Not to mention Jimmy is signed for another year, whereas Reilly will want to cash in even more after next season. Hayes, Beleskey and Spooner have 26, 27 and 28 non-PP points respectively. He'll probably end up around 40 points, which is alright for a third liner with limited PP time (Beleskey has played with top 6 players quite a bit more, and almost 2 more minutes average per game, but I still like his game a lot). Smith might end up with 9-11 more points than Hayes, but he plays more minutes, with superior line mates, paid more, one year remaining on his contract, and took Savard's contract with him. Trying to draw this up as a huge loss for Boston is ridiculous.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
B-R-U-T-A-L

First thanks for correcting my speling :) Time will tell, but I will stick to my opinion until he proves me wrong and the picks turn into NHL players. Your post is about futures, this current core is not going to get any better in fact by the time any of these pick put on a Bruin uniform most of the core will be on the back nine.

Thats good because we can start all over again. Look at my post history I WAS a DS guy but this deadline has me rethinking my loyalty and has me looking back at the summer moves. I see a trend and I don't like it.

Strong and little over the top but that's the way I feel. I hope I'm wrong like everything else I post

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Ericsson turtles so bad against Desjardins.

Is it wrong I almost want Detroit to win for ashnathans rant? Lol

jdz

May 22, 2013

You're not alone.

I hit him up on facebook whenever them or their fans do something irritating.

I suspect he has an in-built radar in his brain anyway.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
B-R-U-T-A-L

For me its

Lucic trade - win
Hamilton Trade - win
Reilly Smith trade - loss

jdz

May 22, 2013
It's delightfully poetic that wings fans are getting precious about bad penalty calls and interference on their game thread.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I would prefer Detroit make the Hawks work a little harder to win the game. A tired Hawks team might help for tomorrow.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia

:laugh: I was getting ready too, ranting to myself on the drive home when I saw them down by 1. Believe me, Detroit is gonna stink it up soon and score a ******** goal on a **** call and tie it up and I will bring this board to its knees. :laugh:

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
You're not alone.

I hit him up on facebook whenever them or their fans do something irritating.

I suspect he has an in-built radar in his brain anyway.

I hate the colour red, and they de-face a great song. And their logo sucks. And Datsyuk is a human non called pick machine. ****

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Montreal/Anaheim, what a study in contrasts.

It doesn't seem that long ago in the midst of a terrible season the Ducks' GM was questioning the team's conditioning, and Boudreau's days were running out.

Meanwhile the parade route in Montreal was being planned for June.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Agreed on all points. Not to mention Jimmy is signed for another year, whereas Reilly will want to cash in even more after next season. Hayes, Beleskey and Spooner have 26, 27 and 28 non-PP points respectively. He'll probably end up around 40 points, which is alright for a third liner with limited PP time (Beleskey has played with top 6 players quite a bit more, and almost 2 more minutes average per game, but I still like his game a lot). Smith might end up with 9-11 more points than Hayes, but he plays more minutes, with superior line mates, paid more, one year remaining on his contract, and took Savard's contract with him. Trying to draw this up as a huge loss for Boston is ridiculous.

Reilly Smith and his center are a real match...or at least that's what Smith talked a lot about after last game.

I have no doubt Smith would not be scoring at a consistent clip here. He'd be a lot like Hayes...show up randomly every once and a while.

I wanted Smith gone because he was a inconsistent one trick pony and soft as can be. It's safe to say he's cleared one of those up. Good for him.

At least he's good at his one trick now.

Still happy we're moving on without him.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
It's delightfully poetic that wings fans are getting precious about bad penalty calls and interference on their game thread.

I saw the highlights this morning and thought the same thing. That Toews play was straight out of the Red Wings handbook. :laugh:

jdz

May 22, 2013
Karlsson -3 again today against the bolts...

Best defenseman in the world though...far better than Doughty :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad