GDT: NHL 2015-2016 Out of Town Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
It looks like Yzerman has boxed his prized winger, J. Drouin, into a corner. He and his agent demanded a trade and deserted his team in the heat of battle in order to accomplish his selfish goal.

Now he can't be traded until the post season. So, in effect, he has lost a half season of development and has no alternative but to come crawling back to TB.

If Drouin et al don't swallow their pride and report before the end of the season, they will not only lose the salary they would have been paid, but a year of moving to free agency status as well. As I understand it, Drouin lacks two games to qualify. His stubbornness is very costly.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I think that situation just hurts both Tampa and Drouin. It lowers trade value and lowers possible salary. Still don't understand what Drouin's agent was thinking by encouraging this tantrum but I also think at this point Tampa is unlikely to get what they want for him because while he has talent this tantrum now looks like he might be a problem child.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
One factor that could reinvigorate interest is, by sitting out the year, or by reporting to and staying with Syracuse, teams will have one year more of control over him.

jdz

May 22, 2013
Watch Reimer take the starting spot off Jones before the playoffs.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
All eyes for awhile should switch over to Philadelphia. They are the team that are going to be chasing the Bruins for the last wildcard spot.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Now he can't be traded until the post season. So, in effect, he has lost a half season of development and has no alternative but to come crawling back to TB.

He can still be traded, he just is not eligible to play in the playoffs. A non-playoff team could make a move for him but it wouldn't do Tampa any good as they guy they get back can't play in the playoffs either.

jdz

May 22, 2013
Montreal's prize recruit Danault a sparkling -2 in his first period of play with them.

bizman

Feb 27, 2009
montreal
The Sharks are one of the fastest teams that I've ever seen. If these guys were in the east, they'd be feasting.

jdz

May 22, 2013
Of course the wings win in OT.

Of course they do.

God I wish that team would just sod off.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
*** Nyquist dive in o.t. leads to a wings winner on a pp. Garbage

Wings will catch Boston this week or maybe even tonight? I also think Tampa Bay catches Florida. Florida and Detroit in the 1st round and Boston fights with Philly for the wildcard spot and trip to Tampa Bay or Washington in the 1st round.

jdz

May 22, 2013
Wings will catch Boston this week or maybe even tonight? I also think Tampa Bay catches Florida. Florida and Detroit in the 1st round and Boston fights with Philly for the wildcard spot and trip to Tampa Bay or Washington in the 1st round.

The annoying part is the Wings just arent good...they're not going to ever get far in the playoffs with that team. Just pointlessly scrape in every year.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Between the garbage call, the 11 OTLs, and their negative goal differential, it's positively head scratching that they're even in a playoff spot, let alone now ahead of the B's.

Looking at the two schedules, they have every reason to think they are getting 2nd or 3rd in the division.

Boston has to keep a close eye on the Flyers from this point out. Wildcard spot against Tampa or Washington is the prize.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Flames
Blackhawks
Capitals
Panthers
Lightning
Hurricanes
Islanders
Sharks
Ducks
Kings
Rangers
Panthers
Leafs
Devils
Blues
Blackhawks
Hurricanes
Redwings
Senators

Bruins now in 7th and only five points up on Flyers who have a game in hand. The race begins.

jdz

May 22, 2013
NHL Network just said that this is their 21st OT game this year. 1/3 of their games???? Stunning.

Make regulation wins 3 points, OT/SO wins 2 points, and OT/SO losses one point.

Get rid of these grinding flopping twerps.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

That's my feeling as well, Malkin is back and our schedule is a nightmare, can't see Pens finishing below us.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Suck organisation. Suck team. Suck coach. Suck victory song that underlines how suck Detroit is. Clutch and grab hockey. oh and yes Nyquist tonight was unbelievable I give him a score of 10 for that flop. I hate the Habs more than anyone, but god damn, Detroit are just a whole bunch of suck. Go back to your steaming pile of ****.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
flames
blackhawks
capitals
panthers
lightning
hurricanes
islanders
sharks
ducks
kings
rangers
panthers
leafs
devils
blues
blackhawks
hurricanes
redwings
senators

bruins now in 7th and only five points up on flyers who have a game in hand. The race begins.

matthews is still on the table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->