Apr 8, 2009
I like the new Habs logo :laugh:

12626188_10207723286532875_1903006383_n.jpg

Looks like a leaky toilet bowl to me......one that cannot be fixed....:D

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I would love, absolutely love it, if the Habs are after a player (lets say for example its Chychrun) and they've sucked so badly and its common knowledge that they will draft said player, and 1 slot before them is a team like I dunno, the leafs, and we deal them 2 picks for theirs, and we draft Chychrun one slot ahead of Montreal :laugh: it would be unbelievable. I do think the Bs can possibly package their 2 firsts, and move up to the top 5 (i hope to god they can) and getting another pick for Loui would only make it feel better.

I did enjoy watching the highlights of the Habs game though, wow do they stink. PK turnovers were a thing of beauty.

Just caught that on NHL tonight. Subban handed the puck right to Dubinsky in the neutral zone, who fed Atkinson walking in all alone. Wow.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Just caught that on NHL tonight. Subban handed the puck right to Dubinsky in the neutral zone, who fed Atkinson walking in all alone. Wow.

As much as I dislike Subban , and I do a lot, I have to give him credit for facing the piper after the game.

Flat out said 'he screwed up twice. He gave away the game. Its on his shoulders. Doesnt blame the crowd for booing him. As a matter of fact if he was in the stands he'd boo him too'.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
As much as I dislike Subban , and I do a lot, I have to give him credit for facing the piper after the game.

Flat out said 'he screwed up twice. He gave away the game. Its on his shoulders. Doesnt blame the crowd for booing him. As a matter of fact if he was in the stands he'd boo him too'.

I love PK Subban, wish he was a Bruin. I hate when we play against him, but my god he does everything off the ice the right way.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
I love PK Subban, wish he was a Bruin. I hate when we play against him, but my god he does everything off the ice the right way.

We'd be paying him for what he does on the ice. And we'd pay him dearly. Not worth it

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
We'd be paying him for what he does on the ice. And we'd pay him dearly. Not worth it

Yeah $9 mil is a pretty steep price for a goodwill ambassador.

Good person off the ice, clownshoes on the ice. Good defenseman, not great, overpaid. I'm glad he plays for Montreal; it's appropriate.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Good person off the ice, clownshoes on the ice. Good defenseman, not great, overpaid. I'm glad he plays for Montreal; it's appropriate.

He is literally light years better than any defenseman on the Bruins roster right now.

Kvartalnov_Fan

Stanley Cup Stupid!
Oct 18, 2002
Den of evil.Montreal
Visit site
I don't know what "literally light years" is supposed to mean, but he's not worth $9 million in this capped league, no matter who he's compared to.

Don't forget, no one here *****es about his crappy defensive zone play. All they see if the flash and sizzle.
If this kid was to play here, he would get the Wideman treatment very quickly or he would have to neuter his offensive game in order to fit Claude's ultra defensive system.

Grass is always greener...

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I don't know what "literally light years" is supposed to mean, but he's not worth $9 million in this capped league, no matter who he's compared to.

Don't forget, no one here *****es about his crappy defensive zone play. All they see if the flash and sizzle.
If this kid was to play here, he would get the Wideman treatment very quickly or he would have to neuter his offensive game in order to fit Claude's ultra defensive system.

Subban in this system would be a top three Norris choice every year of his career. Sadly we don't have the leadership to keep these type personalities in check however.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Subban in this system would be a top three Norris choice every year of his career. Sadly we don't have the leadership to keep these type personalities in check however.

Subban is a good player. Some may say great. But he has the highest Cap hit of all Dmen in the game by 1.2M (Weber is 2nd at ~7.8M). If you are going to give this type of money to someone, you just have to hope he's going to be a top-3 Norris choice every year of his career. Which he won't this year...

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

Think chara has twice the goals this year and look how we consider him these days.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

I'm curious...

What specifically about this system would stifle his offensive production?

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

I don't really know what that means either. Maybe I'm slow today. You're suggesting he needs a baby-sitter?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Subban is a good player. Some may say great. But he has the highest Cap hit of all Dmen in the game by 1.2M (Weber is 2nd at ~7.8M). If you are going to give this type of money to someone, you just have to hope he's going to be a top-3 Norris choice every year of his career. Which he won't this year...

His cap hit sucks, he doesn't. He would be fantastic in a system like ours IMO with a real good stay at home guy on his left..

shackattack

Dec 9, 2015
Not a word is said on Atkinson goal about Subban slamming stick across his shoulder as he scored.Pretty dirty.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Nothing , considering our entire offense is based off point shots. He'd put up Karlsson numbers offensively here.

I hate PK Subban mainly because of his pest like style of play and his arrogance on the ice -- but mainly because he plays for the Habs.

That said, he would be an absolute fan favorite here in Boston (hell, we even embraced Chris Nilan) and would literally transform our defense.

As you rightly pointed out earlier, pair him with a solid stay at home guy and he'd be a monster here. An absolute frigging monster.......

jdz

May 22, 2013

Yeah he skates around like hes a rink-rat showing off on a public skating session, not a hockey player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia