GDT: NHL 2015-2016 Out of Town Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
There's a possibility Lucic might miss his return to Boston because of a possible suspension. I really hope that's not the case.

I'm hoping there will be some sort of leniency from Shanahan since his wrist was slashed just prior to that so it's not like Lucic was gooning it up for the hell of it.

He would have to be suspended for 5 games.. I doubt he'll get that much.

I don't doubt that it could happen, because ....NHL.

But if that does warrant a suspension, this league is in a sadder state than I thought.

Edit....just saw he was suspended.

This league is a joke.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Montreal columnist thinks Price is done for the year

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/j...-drogba-decides-not-to-test-waters-at-chelsea

Time to focus on healing Price: No one connected with the Canadiens is ready to say so, but it’s looking more and more like we won’t see Carey Price in goal again this season. That’s as it should be. The only thing that matters now is to get the all-world goaltender healthy. Really healthy, not what passes for “100 per cent†around the NHL, which usually translates as “the coach needs him 100 per cent so we’re putting 100 per cent pressure on him to return too soon.â€

As for the Toronto Cup of Hockey in September, if anyone in the Canadiens organization suggests Price should be allowed to take part, that person should be fired forthwith. The Toronto Cup is a money grab, not the Olympic Games, and there is absolutely no reason Price should further risk his health for the greater glory of Mike Babcock and Gary Bettman.

PlayoffBeard365

Apr 11, 2014
Cape Cod, MA

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
They showed a clip of him this past week doing a light workout and he could barely move

Habs would be best off just shutting him down to prevent further injury and not rushing him back

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
IF that is true, and Price is done I think that indirectly puts a ton of pressure on Bruins brass to make a move to solidify our D this year and make a push. Could we beat the Caps, not likely but jeezum if Tuukka can heat up and we make a move for a solid #2 this group could take anyone else in the East.

Washington still has to get past the second round.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
They showed a clip of him this past week doing a light workout and he could barely move

Habs would be best off just shutting him down to prevent further injury and not rushing him back

Yeah, I didn't realize how serious his injury must be until I saw how he looks in that video. Thought they were being extra cautious with the luxury of the lead they had. Certainly does not look a few weeks away from playing.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
I don't doubt that it could happen, because ....NHL.

But if that does warrant a suspension, this league is in a sadder state than I thought.

Edit....just saw he was suspended.

This league is a joke.

Agreed. Hockey is becoming increasingly boring each year because of how much the league influences things such as refs and suspensions and rule changes.

If you want a laugh, read the main board thread. Some of those hockey "fans" would probably think a game of beach volleyball is too violent.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Washington still has to get past the second round.

Rangers have their number, and we have the Rangers number. As long as we don't end up second wild card seed, we should have a decent enough chance to go deep, especially if we get everyone clicking just in time for the playoffs.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Agreed. Hockey is becoming increasingly boring each year because of how much the league influences things such as refs and suspensions and rule changes.

If you want a laugh, read the main board thread. Some of those hockey "fans" would probably think a game of beach volleyball is too violent.

I've seen people wish him a career-ending injury because "sooner or later he'll end someone else's with that stuff"

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Walker's sucker punch on Aaron Ward was worse IMO and he went on to score the series winning goal without so much as a fine from the league.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Kane is absurd. Now has a 16 point lead on Benn and should easily get 27 points over the next 30 games to break 100. Should run away with the Hart.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Don't care what anyone else says, this team misses Lucic in a big way.

I think the team misses game-changing Lucic like we witnessed in Game 7 vs Toronto. I don't think the team misses inconsistent, no-show Lucic that we witnessed far too often over the last few years. I also don't think they will miss the Cap hit from his next contract.

jdz

May 22, 2013
Rangers have their number, and we have the Rangers number. As long as we don't end up second wild card seed, we should have a decent enough chance to go deep, especially if we get everyone clicking just in time for the playoffs.

Rangers wont have anyone's number this year.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Kane is absurd. Now has a 16 point lead on Benn and should easily get 27 points over the next 30 games to break 100. Should run away with the Hart.

He is just on another level this year. I don't really like him as a person but you have to respect his skill this season... No one is even close to him right now. 73 points at this point of the season is just incredible.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I think the team misses game-changing Lucic like we witnessed in Game 7 vs Toronto. I don't think the team misses inconsistent, no-show Lucic that we witnessed far too often over the last few years. I also don't think they will miss the Cap hit from his next contract.

Yes, a million times yes :nod:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

If he played every game as hard as Beleskey he would be Neely 2.0 .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese