GDT: NHL 2015-2016 Out of Town Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I watched Dallas outplay Colorado, who was on the back end of a back-to-back, yet lose 3-1. Apparently Colorado is to Dallas what Montreal is to Boston.

The shots and attempted shots were drastically in favor of Dallas, so much so Daryl Reaugh called the game a '59 minute Dallas power play.'

Those games happen to all teams, but two of the Colorado goals were shorthanded, and the third had terrible defensive lapses and some questionable goaltending.

So those predicting Dallas would come back to earth due to inefficiencies in defense and goalie are looking to be correct.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
The shots and attempted shots were drastically in favor of Dallas, so much so Daryl Reaugh called the game a '59 minute Dallas power play.'

They did have 5 straight in the first 30 minutes (= 33% of the first half of the game, they spent on the PP). :p:

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
The issue with Lucic is that it's tough to quantify his value in a salary cap world.

He's on pace for just 20 goals this season, but anyone who has seen him play might argue that he's worth more than your average 20 goal scorer.

At the same time, if you pay him like a 30+ G scorer, you have to be prepared for him to disappear at times. Many around here were hard on him because he doesn't have the touch of a gifted scorer.

Someone will pay him.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
There's a possibility Lucic might miss his return to Boston because of a possible suspension. I really hope that's not the case.

I'm hoping there will be some sort of leniency from Shanahan since his wrist was slashed just prior to that so it's not like Lucic was gooning it up for the hell of it.

He would have to be suspended for 5 games.. I doubt he'll get that much.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
A vicious two handed slash to a vulnerable area. Who wouldn't react?

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
There's a possibility Lucic might miss his return to Boston because of a possible suspension. I really hope that's not the case.

I'm hoping there will be some sort of leniency from Shanahan since his wrist was slashed just prior to that so it's not like Lucic was gooning it up for the hell of it.

I'm thinking Looch will get 3 games, at most.

I didn't think it was even that much of a sucker punch, IMO

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Just noticed the Hurricanes have a home game tonight at the same time as the Panthers game...I wonder how many people will be at the hockey game?

Actually, if I were in Carolina and I were both a Panthers and a Canes fan, I think it would be pretty cool to go to see the Canes live today. It's cheap, and you could probably catch big chunks of the game in the concourse during the 18 minute intermissions - or even just watch the football game there, and catch whatever hockey you can during halftime.

A lot of people got to the Garden early last Saturday and basically did that for the Patriots/Chiefs game. I assume they have some big TV setups in the concourse in Carolina, too. It was weird to see everyone in the Garden cheer when Marchand got a penalty...and then a minute later they flashed the Patriots score up on the Jumbotron. Pretty obvious what the cheers were for.

Actually, it kind of makes me wonder: Boston was forbidden from transmitting the WC by the NHL because it would be on a screen bigger than 55". The Garden had an effective screen much larger than 55" to watch the game last week - there were 16 screens cobbled together into one giant screen. I guess because the Garden isn't "public" (ie you have to pay to get in), they can get away with it?

Either way, from a TV standpoint, it's terrible scheduling. Whatever RSN carries the Canes game would probably do better if they just ran a test pattern and saved the money on the broadcast.

Don't care what anyone else says, this team misses Lucic in a big way.

I love Looch, but trading him was 100% the right thing, both for the club and for him. Yes, the team looks very different now, but that's going to happen when some players exit the team, and new ones arrive. Power forwards don't age well: Cam Neely's last season where he played over 50 NHL games was when he was 25, and he exited the league at age 30.

And I can't help thinking that his father's tragic death had a little something to do with the trade - obviously not 100% of the reason, but it certainly was a nice piece of serendiptiy. I'm glad it worked out that he got to be on a team out on the west coast, particularly during the summer.

bizman

Feb 27, 2009
montreal

Shanahan is running the Leafs now. I think Stephane Quintal dishes out the suspensions.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011

Being honest-I don't mind his reaction there. That's the wrist he had surgery on a couple of seasons ago and the dude got him right in the wrist and it wasn't an accident. It was a cheap shot and slashes like that can break wrists or legs (Boychuk and Kelly both know that).

He is probably lucky he just got a game but I figure they took into account the slash.

PlayoffBeard365

Apr 11, 2014
Cape Cod, MA
Slash!? Count how many slashes you see in this video including the one Lucic is giving. Cmon. Lucic is and always has been a dirty player. Nut check anyone? That sucker punch is disgraceful. No wonder why he refused to go to the net when he was a Bruin - he'd break down and cry every game based on that sour puss on his face. Still the knuckle dragging tool I remember. Deserved 3 games IMHO.

jdz

May 22, 2013
Per NHL.com

Steven Stamkos was offered an eight-year contract worth $68 million, with an annual salary-cap charge of $8.5 million by the Tampa Bay Lightning, Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman reported Saturday.

Stamkos is in the final season of a five-year, $37.5 million contract with a salary-cap charge of $7.5 million, according to war-on-ice.com. He can become an unrestricted free agent July 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->