GDT: NHL 2015-2016 Out of Town Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

shackattack

Dec 9, 2015
That ref with bigtime french accent trying hard to get habs back in.I must take peek to see if he really is French Canadian.

shackattack

Dec 9, 2015
No team trys to show up other team like habs after a goal.Swear to fark that kid Galchenyuk just scored Cup winner.What a little puke.

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014
Canadiens' Pacioretty hit by Subban shot, exits game
Tuesday, 01.26.2016 / 9:45 PM / News
By Sean Farrell - NHL.com Correspondent
Comment
Print

MONTREAL -- Montreal Canadiens captain Max Pacioretty left the game Tuesday against the Columbus Blue Jackets after he was hit in the head by a P.K. Subban slap shot midway through the second period. He will not return, the Canadiens said.

Pacioretty fell to the Bell Centre ice after he was struck by the shot at 10:02 of the second. He was helped off the ice and went to the Canadiens dressing room.

The Blue Jackets led 2-1 when Pacioretty left, and Brandon Dubinsky scored their third goal 38 seconds later.

Pacioretty's 19 goals lead the Canadiens. His 36 points are second to Subban's 37.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=799756&navid=nhl:topheads

Subban is losing his **** this year, and Patches is getting burned by it, even by accident.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Buff scored from center ice and while on a 3 on 5 tonight. Not a good night for Arizona.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Great night for Subban, 2 turnovers leading directly to goals and takes out Patches with a puck to the head.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I like the new Habs logo :laugh:

12626188_10207723286532875_1903006383_n.jpg

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I would love, absolutely love it, if the Habs are after a player (lets say for example its Chychrun) and they've sucked so badly and its common knowledge that they will draft said player, and 1 slot before them is a team like I dunno, the leafs, and we deal them 2 picks for theirs, and we draft Chychrun one slot ahead of Montreal :laugh: it would be unbelievable. I do think the Bs can possibly package their 2 firsts, and move up to the top 5 (i hope to god they can) and getting another pick for Loui would only make it feel better.

I did enjoy watching the highlights of the Habs game though, wow do they stink. PK turnovers were a thing of beauty.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
It is time for us Bruins fans to worry about Detroit and not Montreal. The Habs are done for this year.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/stu-cowan-canadiens-fans-are-getting-angry

Now might be the time for team owner Geoff Molson to come forward and give Bergevin a vote of confidence, even though the GM signed a contract extension in November that takes him through the 2021-22 season.

There were quite a few empty seats in the lower bowl of the Bell Centre Tuesday night, even though the team’s sellout streak reached 480 consecutive games with an official crowd of 21,288. But the ticket scalpers outside the Bell Centre must have had a rough night. There’s reason for Molson to be concerned when season-ticket holders can’t get rid of the tickets they don’t want.

The good news for Canadiens season-ticket holders counting their dollars during these tough economic times is that while the club will almost certainly ask them to pay for playoff tickets in advance this season, they can bet on getting that money back.

Following Tuesday’s loss, sportsclubstats.com dropped the Canadiens’ odds of making the playoffs to 28.5 per cent. Last season it took 98 points to make the playoffs in the Eastern Conference and the Canadiens — who now head into a six-day all-star break — would need 48 points in their last 32 games to hit that mark. That works out to 24 wins — possibly a few less if they pick up some loser points in overtime or shootouts.

GLzGD18.png

Last edited:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I would love, absolutely love it, if the Habs are after a player (lets say for example its Chychrun) and they've sucked so badly and its common knowledge that they will draft said player, and 1 slot before them is a team like I dunno, the leafs, and we deal them 2 picks for theirs, and we draft Chychrun one slot ahead of Montreal :laugh: it would be unbelievable. I do think the Bs can possibly package their 2 firsts, and move up to the top 5 (i hope to god they can) and getting another pick for Loui would only make it feel better.

I did enjoy watching the highlights of the Habs game though, wow do they stink. PK turnovers were a thing of beauty.

If Pulju goes to Montreal will you consider buying a Pulju Habs jersey :sarcasm: :laugh:

jdz

May 22, 2013

Well if the NBA is anything to go by the Celtics offered 3 firsts plus prospect and even 4 firsts in the middle of the first round for pick 4. That offer was considered but eventually rejected.

If anything top picks in the NHL are more sure things than the NBA. So an overpay like that is probably what you're looking at for a top 4 pick.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Still lots of beer and hotdogs to sell Habs won't tank yet.

Talk about some bad contracts, petry, DD, Eller, Plekanec to name a few.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Why even bother making offsides challengable if they're going to **** it up even more frequently than goaltender interference? The Smith-Pelly goal was offsides by a couple of metres, and then the guy never touched up outside the blue line, especially not before Smith-Pelly had crossed it.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Why even bother making offsides challengable if they're going to **** it up even more frequently than goaltender interference? The Smith-Pelly goal was offsides by a couple of metres, and then the guy never touched up outside the blue line, especially not before Smith-Pelly had crossed it.

seems like they'll pick and choose to enforce the rule when they feel like it. Reminds me of baseball's new replay system.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
seems like they'll pick and choose to enforce the rule when they feel like it. Reminds me of baseball's new replay system.

Seems like just another variable that can screw teams up. If you're already in the bottom of PP's in the league, get a lot of penalties yourself, and also regularly get erroneous goal/no-goal calls go against you, then you add another variable where the refs can screw you over on even more goals you score, and then not help you out when you challenge and it's blatant it should be overturned, meaning you also lose a timeout. Feels like we've had at least 4-5 challenges go against us on bad/borderline situations, a couple more do so when they actually should have, and - what - one challenge go our way, which was the right call? Just more margin of error and more situations for the refs to be inconsistent - alone and between different refs. I don't really want offsides to be reviewable, an goaltender interference should be reviewable, but reviewable like high sticks or kicking motions. It would be better if we could get an automatic review on scoring plays like in football, I don't feel it would slow the game down appreciably, but I guess that's optimistic.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
I hope MP is ok, but I laughed when I heard about this last night. All I could think of was the scene from "Slapshot" where the pucks are flying all over the place and the organist gets taken out :laugh:

Yeah it is bad, bud if one Hab had to take a slapshot to the face I'm glad it's Patches. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad