NHL 19 Information/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
I heard a rumor that beta was out and reading this thread it seems it is true. Damn. Never got an email.

Do they still do that code thing? I'd be eager to try although it's highly unlikely I would spend 60 dollars on a minor upgrade to NHL 18.

I too would also like that ps4 beta code if possible. Thank.

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Played beta for arpund 2 hours and here are my thoughts.

Same old glitches are back.
Just tried playing EASHL drop-ins and for 7 games straight there were faceoff glitches. (faceoff loops with no time going),made me very angry.
WTH are those boosts on loadouts anyway? Why,why why? Means there's no chance for new players,while there will be tonns of boosted up players.
Playing on versus i couldn't figure out how to change players,it took me 2 periods after which i noticed that pressing right stick changes the player,but not always.
Also,at 90% at time pokecheck gave tripping penalties,tho the stick didn't always go where i aimed it to go. (f.e. i press RB and move RS to left (where's the puck),instead it aims it straight into players legs and he trips. Every time.

So far i'm not impressed at all. I will most likely stick to NHL18 for now.Maybe next year.

If by boosted you mean +2 skating... I don't know what to tell you. It's time to stop catering to noobs.

Also on the poke checks - I played 8 games last night and had maybe 2 tripping penalties. NHL18 just gave us a bad habit of spamming R1 in all situations. I think you'll learn to adapt just fine.

It's going to help separate skill levels some more which is really needed imo.

Sep 19, 2008

The much heralded "team celebrations" leave a lot to be desired.

The graphics look kind of blocky. I feel like this is a PS2 version.

At least Emrick shows more emotion when someone scores. That was like "SCAAAR!"

It does seem very smooth and fluid. I'll give them that.

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
If anyone can PM me a Beta code, I'll smash that like button on all your posts
I heard a rumor that beta was out and reading this thread it seems it is true. Damn. Never got an email.

Do they still do that code thing? I'd be eager to try although it's highly unlikely I would spend 60 dollars on a minor upgrade to NHL 18.

I too would also like that ps4 beta code if possible. Thank.

I would appreciate a ps4 beta code

There's no beta code. It's just a free download in the store, at least on PlayStation.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
It's easy enough to not smash the poke check, even in the two periods I played I knew exactly when I'd get a penalty and it was usually because I got lazy. I made a lot of good poke checking plays too, and no penalty. I agree if it stays this way there will be some adjusting required, and it's probably a good thing from a skill perspective.

But I really hope if they stick with this, they make damn sure there are other effective means of stopping players and getting the puck back. Making hitting less flukey is a good start.

Reactions: mantha39

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
glad to hear so many positive reports on skating.. it was the number one reason i barely made it a month with 18'. any improvements to the skill stick, its felt wonky to me ever since they last updated two or three years ago.. is passing still garbage? i hated trying to make a pass along the blue line only for my guy to turn and rip a pass back down to my goalie !

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
What is everyone’s overall impression on the new skating? I feel like I’m the worst person to judge it because I have been solely an offline franchise mode player the last few years and I’ve been playing with attribute effects on 10/10 so it’s safe to say that stepping back into the pace of online play was definitely an adjustment for me lol. For people who want player differentiation I highly recommend maxing the attribute effects in offline modes it does make a difference and I’m curious how the new skating will feel with that slider full.

I will say this the skating seems much more responsive and in control. I have been enjoying playing online again and am thinking about maybe playing online again this year.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Do players feel like they skate at different speeds? Or do all 3rd and 4th liners catch up to a speedster easy?

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Gonna download the beta tonight, but from the video I don't see it worth spending the money for a slight upgrade.

Likely another pass for me. If the AI is still dumb than there's no reason to buy it.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Ugh, I actually really like the new skating, hitting, and I can’t stop playing Ones.

Ugh, I actually like it

Reactions: mantha39

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Anyone else having a hard time getting a 6v6 EASHL game going? I keep losing connection and the one time I got into the game a bug happened where the opening faceoff kept repeating itself over and over again lol. It is just 6v6 everything else works fine including 3v3.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
My first thoughts:

- new skating is awesome. Fast players actually feel fast.
- tone down the tripping penalties, it's insane
- players get energy way quicker which is nice, but maybe too much energy too quick

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
It's definitely different. Skating is better. I'm fine with tripping being called that tight if they call everything. I'm getting Ovechkin'd 3-4 strides after a lot of passes. 6v6 is freezing a lot.

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
It's definitely different. Skating is better. I'm fine with tripping being called that tight if they call everything. I'm getting Ovechkin'd 3-4 strides after a lot of passes. 6v6 is freezing a lot.
So 6v6 is freezing a lot for you as well? Have you got any games in? I haven’t even got one 6v6 in due to freezing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad