NHL 19 Information/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
My big gripe with Franchise Mode thus far is that at the draft, if you're trading for a pick (let's say first overall) it doesn't lock the computer out of drafting. So as you're setting your offer up, the pick has already been made and you're on to 2nd overall. Really stupid. I tweeted EA and obviously no answer as to why that is.

It would be nice if there was just more time on the clock. Make it 10-15 minutes, so it's more realistic. You have time to make the trade, but also feel like you are on the clock and can't just make a billion offers. Wouldn't make the process that much longer as you will be simming most of the draft and not spending much time trading outside of the 1st round.

Reactions: GagneHanson12

Field of Dreams

Oct 10, 2011
Port Credit
Anyone on franchise getting small cap increases? Lots of high quality ufas are unsigned because no team has any cap space.

Also can anyone explain how prospect development works? Does giving bigger nhl roles or minutes determine how they develop?

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
They shipped a broken game and i was stupid enough to buy it.

gah i love hockey too much

I'm in the same boat

Don't trust EA with this stuff guys. It's the only way they will learn and change. But I'm not sure they will unless this loot box issue picks up in the whole EU.

Belgium just started looking into the legality of their MT's and now Finlands looking into it. If it spreads to the whole EU they'll be forced to change up their FUT and HUT modes.

That's the best case scenario.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I wanna know too? Anyone find out yet?
It's a lot more realistic in terms of prospect growth and the pace at which they reach their potentials.

I've only gotten into year 5 of a franchise mode (only because I take my time with scouting), and have noticed that a prospect, for example, drafted at about 65 overall with top 4 NHL potential at 18 years old will improve to about 74 overall by the time they are 20 and sign their ELC. This would be in line with a prospect not ready for the show but good for the AHL. The next year, that prospect is about 78 overall and ready for bottom pairing NHL duties.

Only the prospects taken in the top 5 of any given draft are NHL ready right off the bat.

Tavares2Matthews

Mar 1, 2008
Anyone on franchise getting small cap increases? Lots of high quality ufas are unsigned because no team has any cap space.

Also can anyone explain how prospect development works? Does giving bigger nhl roles or minutes determine how they develop?

I thought that's how it worked in NHL 18, I used to always put Kapanen on the first or second line in hopes his overall would skyrocket. I'm interested to know if that works this year.

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon
I thought that's how it worked in NHL 18, I used to always put Kapanen on the first or second line in hopes his overall would skyrocket. I'm interested to know if that works this year.

I don't know how it works but I would strongly bet against anything complicated like that. My guess is something simple that just takes their stats and applies are random change based on their potential at set time intervals. To take into account points, linemates, ice-time, etc seems like more coding than EA would be willing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad