NHL 19 Information/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I almost never play online, I'm most interested in Franchise and Be A Pro modes.

I primarily play franchise as well. I really have never tried Be a Pro lately.

Because EA and the “gamechangers” like to convince people that only Online stuff matters, so make sure to buy the packs and the new clothing items!

Yup. Microtransactions for everybody!

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
spent money on HUT back for like... NHL 15 lol. Never touching the online aspect of it or buying anything for that mode again.

If I get a PS4 again this year and get the game, I'll be sticking to franchise and maybe EASHL.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
I have no desire to play online to have 14 year olds constantly try whatever glitch goal is most popular that week. NHL is the only game I own where it offers online and I don't touch it.

If only EA would actually take the time to address the gameplay and fix the crappy glitch goals that can be exploited within the game.

Doubt they did that for 19 though.

Reactions: Dezmoto

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
2BC is annoying but that dude would probably rip the devs to shreds if he was invited to be a game changer or whatever it is.

Those guys that do it just do it for the free HUT packs lol

At least 2BC keeps it real man. And he's one of the OG, bigger NHL youtubers. So having the audacity to point out where improvements must be made is a good thing in his case, especially considering where the EA Sports NHL franchise lies right now.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I have no desire to play online to have 14 year olds constantly try whatever glitch goal is most popular that week. NHL is the only game I own where it offers online and I don't touch it.
In EASHL I completely agree. That mode is a shitshow. But online vs, threes, or any other mode where its one on one is pretty fun and you rarely come across idiots

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
In before copying FIFA's scouting system and just implementing it in NHL's slow and sluggish IU and franchise mode.
Most people were waiting for something like it..wish sports games had more ideas to simply see what works for other sports games and put them all together. Trading in Madden is a nightmare in comparison and scouting in Madden is beyond stupid....use points to see 3 attributes then get their real "round value" or whatever that's supposed to mean at least you can see all their attributes in NHL.

Take something like the medals from NBA 2k and make them into hockey stuff now players could be changed to be better or worse at backhands and other types of shots depending on how well they do with them instead of just having wristshot accuracy determine how well they can shoot for all types of shots since I doubt anyone relies too much on SS accuracy. Might as well copy what works well instead of leaving the same garbage total randomness when scouting a region.

Scouting a region for 2 months and still having medium and low accuracy for their potential is terrible. I mean this is basically how scouting should work for the most part.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I forget what year's version of the game it was, but I recall testing to see the skating speed and difference between a slug like Raitis Ivanans and Anze Kopitar in practice mode. There was virtually no difference between the two. I even tried handling the puck with both players doing rushes from end to end, no difference.

I guess that's expected when just about every f***ing player is rated 80+ overall.

Reactions: LucicDestroyedHaley

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The RPM trailer was good.

However they’ll never show any sort of actual gameplay footage, so we have no idea if it’s something worth buying the game over.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The RPM would have made me more excited if I saw someone else other than McDavid. If they told us all the superstars or at least stars had their skating replicated for the system, and then there was a "stock" system for certain player types on the lower end, I'd be more excited. I don't want everyone skating like McDavid.

Reactions: Igor Shestyorkin

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
The RPM would have made me more excited if I saw someone else other than McDavid. If they told us all the superstars or at least stars had their skating replicated for the system, and then there was a "stock" system for certain player types on the lower end, I'd be more excited. I don't want everyone skating like McDavid.

Watching Matt Martin go coast to coast is going to be a treat

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
It's been outlined somewhere that different sizes and weights of players will have a major effect on their skating. Styles range between small medium and large players, with stats having a major impact as well (obviously)

Dezmoto

May 3, 2013
Los Angeles
In before copying FIFA's scouting system and just implementing it in NHL's slow and sluggish IU and franchise mode.

And why is the UI so f-n sluggish? Not to mention the canned stuff with Eddie and Doc and the beginning is often steppy like it's dropping frames. Simulating a day in franchise mode or saving your game is super slow on the PS4 but seems better on the XB1. I don't get it.

Stone Valley

A State of Trance
Jan 19, 2010
Ottawa
www.youtube.com
Anyone know if franchise mode will have customizable season lengths? I have been waiting for this since NHL 2002 (yea believe it or not). Back in that game you could play a season where you play each team only once then head into the playoffs. Playing 30 games is a lot more convenient than 82 every season (it takes too long). I know many share the same issue (I have read on other sites).

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
It's been outlined somewhere that different sizes and weights of players will have a major effect on their skating. Styles range between small medium and large players, with stats having a major impact as well (obviously)
I hope they finally get it right 10 years after attempting to implement it.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
The EASHL problem besides the game itself is that no one knows how the hell to actually play hockey. Bunch of 12 year olds just jamming down on the left stick and attempting to cross-crease through 5 people every time. The quality of players is super poor.
You can definitely tell when you get lucky enough to get a couple players who know what they doing and can actually setup and sustain offense in the zone. But those are very far and few in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad