NHL 19 Information/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Remember when you could hit a nice open ice hit instead of the CPU stopping and skating back towards their own zone?

Remember when you could hit a player and their helmet would sometimes come off?

Remember when there could be collisions that knocked the net of its moorings?

Shots/hits that could break the glass?

Be able to hit players into benches?

Nah, me neither

"New" features in NHL 30! :sarcasm:

Reactions: Beville

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
DJ Neo was (is?) an EA NHL Gamechanger.

If he's made his own mod based on a competitor's 7-year-old product, that says a lot, IMO.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
2KHS looks so janky, but it does get a lot of the little stuff right which makes me intrigued at what the finished product could be.

I've been so focused on NHL 2004 lately I can't even get into anything else.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
You could take that 2KHS thing, plug it into the modern 2K sports game engine, and it would probably look incredible

Reactions: MVPGoon

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Man, in the developer diary on YT of that, there’s a couple instances of players reaching back while still skating forward to grab the puck.

That’s physics that EA is like 5-7 years out from :laugh:

Binister

Generational User
Feb 7, 2017
I just looked this up and it honestly looks better than NHL 18. I can't imagine how good it would look with an updated graphics engine
You tell me. And the development team - one or two guys? The game doesn't even have to look a beauty if it works well and feels like hockey but they have actually filled the graphical aspect as well.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

SaKuu11

Jul 6, 2017
I just watched that trailer for first time and readed some post from this forum.

Im so f***ing tired this shit!!! Who to f***s want play 1 vs 1 game on pond!!!!!! Just one more mode that u try one time and then never play it again. I mean come on!!!! Are someone really exited with that??

And then those old star players?? Maybe some like those but i dont give shit to play random teams with Gretzky and Lemiux on them. If u want play those games why u dont create those players and make custom teams.

So if Ea now wants offline players to stop playing at all im done with this series. I not going to buy something stupid hockey cards on hut or what f***ing shit it was.

Now peopple is time to stop paying this shit.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Only Game Mode I play is Franchise.

I tried to play against the CPU, and holy hell is it a disaster.

I play a lot of Madden Franchise as well, and when I play the CPU, it feels like a real game. It’s fluid.

With NHL, it’s just... I’m not even sure how to describe it. It feels like the CPU knows everything that will happen, before it does. That’s even with AI Learning turned down.

There’s no way to have your AI players go all in. There’s always two forwards up high in the O Zone seemingly no matter what strategies I use. With an empty net, the AI players just back up and allow the player to get over the red line and shoot it in.

There’s also some sort of puck control differential built in, despite the sliders being the same. The AI players always seem to come away with the puck against a Human player.

The best way to describe it, is when you are playing NHL, it’s more about knowing how the AI works, rather than how hockey actually works. Whereas, I find with Madden, it plays like football.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

I play a lot of Madden Franchise as well, and when I play the CPU, it feels like a real game. It’s fluid.

With NHL, it’s just... I’m not even sure how to describe it. It feels like the CPU knows everything that will happen, before it does. That’s even with AI Learning turned down.

There’s no way to have your AI players go all in. There’s always two forwards up high in the O Zone seemingly no matter what strategies I use. With an empty net, the AI players just back up and allow the player to get over the red line and shoot it in.

There’s also some sort of puck control differential built in, despite the sliders being the same. The AI players always seem to come away with the puck against a Human player.

The best way to describe it, is when you are playing NHL, it’s more about knowing how the AI works, rather than how hockey actually works. Whereas, I find with Madden, it plays like football.
There's absolutely no situational awareness either, they need to start playing more aggressive and pinching and cheating up the ice more in late game scenarios. It's all the small details that make a huge impact in the game.

Finnhockeyfann

Dec 5, 2015
What a big disappointment that Franchice mode didint get other update than scouting. There is so many things that need fix.

That pond thing is stupid :D They use their limited time and resources that kind pointles trash.

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
Man, in the developer diary on YT of that, there’s a couple instances of players reaching back while still skating forward to grab the puck.

That’s physics that EA is like 5-7 years out from :laugh:

That diary was amazing. I thought he just tweaked some things and some textures... but jesus christ he tweaked the whole animations. The goalies look waaaays better than in 2k11 movement wise.

Incredible what one man can do.

Oh and he was a gamechanger. Not anymore though, EA even banned him on their forum.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
That diary was amazing. I thought he just tweaked some things and some textures... but jesus christ he tweaked the whole animations. The goalies look waaaays better than in 2k11 movement wise.

Incredible what one man can do.

Oh and he was a gamechanger. Not anymore though, EA even banned him on their forum.

Not surprised.

It’s why 2BC and Bacon were never even invited despite being the most popular NHL guys at the time.

The “gamechangers” aren’t there to “change the game” they are there to simply play the game early, get free packs and crap, and then to make videos proclaiming how great everything is despite the community knowing otherwise

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Is there a roster update for NHL 18 that has the current signings, etc up to date?

I think this is the last time I put any more money in to this god forsaken franchise, it should be a game that is updated in a 2-3yr basis and then a new game released. The yearly thing for sports game is just becoming ridiculous.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Is there a roster update for NHL 18 that has the current signings, etc up to date?

I think this is the last time I put any more money in to this god forsaken franchise, it should be a game that is updated in a 2-3yr basis and then a new game released. The yearly thing for sports game is just becoming ridiculous.
no to the first part, I don't recall EA ever doing that going back to when I last played the game (16, I think?). It doesn't make sense because then no one would buy the new game if they had all the updated rosters, contracts, etc.

Binister

Generational User
Feb 7, 2017

This year's franchise... Let me tell ya.

Started with Rangers as there was a great chance to rebuild a team. Lundqvist still a solid starter and D core is fine. I defend and play with proper sliders and STILL the GAA is of the charts. Wouldn't make a difference if there was an AHL backup, the AI is just terrible and all the teams play the same way so it's just a matter of luck how your goalie is going to let easy shots in today. Stopped playing it since I just lost taste. I've always played GM/Franchise too and look for the best experience with sliders and state of the team. This year it just felt awkward. I get it - it's Rags but after I've nailed a perfect PP goal, the AI comes and shoots a crappy shot that goes between the goalies pads.

And those AI powerplays... Oh god. My formation won't do it when they move the puck like antihuman and scoring most of the one timers.

Dan88

Jul 7, 2018
Hi. :)

For me worst part was that now Ea officially said that they have focus more and more for online modes. For me that is worst thing ever. Franchise mode is only mode i play. I try every year Be a pro but its has been same bullshit 3 year now.

I just dont get it why hut is so popular. I want play with real rosters. Every player on right team. So i just cant play with those stupid fictional teams.

But if this is what peoplle like to play, i think its time for me give up with nhl games. Maybe some day offline modes will be again more popular. :)

Dezmoto

May 3, 2013
Los Angeles
Any chance they hired Ray a grammar coach? Half the crap that came out of his "mouth" in NHL 18 didn't make any sense at all, although I guess he's commentary was better than Eddie's...

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
I would definitely play online if I wasn’t cheap as trash lol however I have absolutely no interest in HUT. I totally understand wanting to challenge yourself against players across the world or play on a team with your buddies or wanting to build a team, but paying money or playing games just to obtain players that are already in the game to begin with has absolutely no appeal to me. If they ever bring back Gm connected I think that would be much more enjoyable to play with others than HUT.

On a side note I was watching some NHL 06 videos today and it amazing how accurate some of the players faces are for that time. I mean freakin Donald Brashear has his face in the game! Not to mention the coaches have their real faces as well. It was cool to see Ken Hitchcock behind the Flyers bench EA should take notes.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Why? Some people just want to play a quick game with NHL rosters. If all people want to play is HUT, why even bother having the NHL license?

Because EA and the “gamechangers” like to convince people that only Online stuff matters, so make sure to buy the packs and the new clothing items!

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
It seems like there's a misconception that you need to spend extra money to be good at HUT. that's entirely not the case, in fact they've made it easier to be decent over the years

Dezmoto

May 3, 2013
Los Angeles
It seems like there's a misconception that you need to spend extra money to be good at HUT. that's entirely not the case, in fact they've made it easier to be decent over the years

Sure does give you a head start in the grind for a decent team though, doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad