NHL 17 Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland
Karlsson is arguebly the best defenseman in the world giving what he has done the last seasons and especially the last one, but with that being said i am ok with Doughty being rated higher, But Suter and Weber is a joke. First Quick and now this. Whats next up? Wingers? Looking forward to see Vanek @91 and Pominville @89

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
https://www.easports.com/nhl/ratings?sf48223787=1

Here's the list of all the rating reveals, release dates for...

-top 10 right wingers: today
-top 10 left wingers: tomorrow (21st of August)
-top top centers: 22nd of August

They also released the World Cup team ratings:

1. Team Canada – 99 OVERALL

Offense:100
Defense: 100
Goaltending: 95

To say their roster is deep is a vast understatement. Team Canada boasts some of the league’s biggest stars at the most critical positions on the ice, and they have proven to be capable of putting their egos aside for the betterment of the team. Every line is adept of scoring in bunches and with the top defense and goalie pairing the tournament, it’s tough to bet against the home team.

2. Team USA – 96 OVERALL

Offense: 98
Defense: 97
Goaltending: 95

With the selection of Justin Abdelkader and Brandon Dubinsky over skilled players like Phil Kessel and Tyler Johnson it seems as if Team USA has decided to build a team with physicality rather than going with simply the best player available. It looks like their plan could be to deploy two offensive units, followed by lines of speed and grit to wear down their opponents.

3. Team Sweden – 95 OVERALL

Offense: 95
Defense: 97
Goaltending: 94

A defensive unit that includes superstars Erik Karlsson, Victor Hedman and Oliver Ekman-Larsson gives Team Sweden a significant advantage over their competition, with Team Canada maybe being the only exception.

4. Team Russia – 92 OVERALL

Offense: 96
Defense: 90
Goaltending: 90

Speed and skill is once again the strength for Team Russia going into this tournament. With proven point producers like Alex Ovechkin, Vladimir Tarasenko, Evgeni Malkin, Artemi Panarin and Nikita Kucherov scoring goals should not be an issue. The only problem is if that elite offensive group gets pinned in their defensive zone with a less than stellar defensive group led by the likes of Alexei Emelin and Dmitry Kulikov.

5. Team Europe – 92 OVERALL

Offense: 94
Defense: 92
Goaltending: 90

There are multiple Stanley Cup Champions on this roster including Anze Kopitar, Marian Hossa and Zdeno Chara, so coming up clutch on the biggest stage shouldn’t be too foreign for this club. The question is, will they be motivated enough by playing for their continent instead of their country?

6. Team North America – 92 OVERALL

Offense: 96
Defense: 93
Goaltending: 85

Much like the Edmonton Oilers of the past four years, the talent is there, but will they be able to put it all together to make a sustainable run in this tournament? Either way, watching the likes of Connor McDavid, Jack Eichel and Auston Matthews team up will make for must see TV.

7. Team Finland – 90 OVERALL

Offense: 92
Defense: 89
Goaltending: 94

Aleksander Barkov and Patrik Laine are undoubtedly the future of Finnish hockey, but we’ll likely have to wait another four years before they reach their peak. Until then, Finland lacks a true superstar talent capable of carrying them through the tournament - so they’ll have to do what they always do, win close games and outwork their opponents.

8. Team Czech Republic – 89 OVERALL

Offense: 91
Defense: 88
Goaltending: 88

Defense and goaltending are major question mark here; it will likely take a superhuman performance from Detroit Red Wings goaltender Petr Mrazek for the Czech Republic to make any noise in this tournament.

Fair enough, the rating system is a bit weird like how is team USAs offense at 98 aka 9.8/10? same with Swedens offense being too high and Finlands defense being too high etc etc but meh I don't care about that so much as long as I can revamp them myself.

Last edited:

Claudi27

Mar 28, 2008
Barcelona
Are puck retrievals and pivoting still horrible in nhl 17

pivoting is much worked on. actually skating has changed a lot for the better, you have to try it out, but when the moments are applied properly, the player feels much more agile now and less sluggish than 16

puck retrievals are uncertain just like real life. no big deal

Nicky Santoro

May 23, 2012
Montreal
pivoting is much worked on. actually skating has changed a lot for the better, you have to try it out, but when the moments are applied properly, the player feels much more agile now and less sluggish than 16

puck retrievals are uncertain just like real life. no big deal

This is great news. i hope it's what i think you're saying. I find defense skating backwards is so realistic, but when my forwards take puck into the off zone, it's like they skate like 8 yr olds, all wobbly and stuff. If this was fixed, i'm so happy.

Also, what is with the stick through the boards? It rarely happens to me anymore because i try to be cautious, but this sucks. If i am about to get hit by a guy and i have to get rid of the puck, 98% of the time, i will muff the puck because of the boards. And alot of the times, they end up scoring on that turnover...Even if my body just touches the boards, my players loses balance and it's a turnover. And it's tough to cycle the puck along the boards now cause i'll always make contact with the boards if i'm close to it.

Why can't EA ever fix this for 17? This was not an issue in the last gen... I hate this.

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015
This is great news. i hope it's what i think you're saying. I find defense skating backwards is so realistic, but when my forwards take puck into the off zone, it's like they skate like 8 yr olds, all wobbly and stuff. If this was fixed, i'm so happy.

Also, what is with the stick through the boards? It rarely happens to me anymore because i try to be cautious, but this sucks. If i am about to get hit by a guy and i have to get rid of the puck, 98% of the time, i will muff the puck because of the boards. And alot of the times, they end up scoring on that turnover...Even if my body just touches the boards, my players loses balance and it's a turnover. And it's tough to cycle the puck along the boards now cause i'll always make contact with the boards if i'm close to it.

Why can't EA ever fix this for 17? This was not an issue in the last gen... I hate this.
Haha I love that problem, and It is most definitely still in for NHL 17, annoys the **** out of me especially on EASHL cause the computers always cause that to happen and the turnover turns into a goal against most of the time.

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland
Top ten LW
Benn 94
Ovechkin 94
Hall 90
Gaudreau 90
Pacioretty 89
Parise 89
Forsberg 88
Landeskog 88
Sedin 88
Steen 88

Pretty much agree with this, maybe Sedin a bit to high

Claudi27

Mar 28, 2008
Barcelona

I played the beta throughoutly and I don't remember the boards screwing up my passes, I think it's gone for good.

The only off things this game has (for EASHL anyway) is players skating on their own to start a breakout sometimes and the score clock on overhead camera interfering with the play in the top left corner.

Nicky Santoro

May 23, 2012
Montreal
I played the beta throughoutly and I don't remember the boards screwing up my passes, I think it's gone for good.

Oh how i wish that was true.. but i played the beta for 5 min to test the boards thing and it still happened. Maybe it won't be as bad as 16, because i was going into the boards hard intentionally with my stick, and it kept happening. maybe it won't be as bad as 16.

Here was the segment of Ask EA..

Q- In NHL 17, will sticks still go through the rink when you skate in or beside it.

Answer:

Yes. We haven't turned on a pure physics solve for the stick on the boards, due to the limitations it puts on your skater in certain animations. The choice right now is to not limit your ability to move when skating near the boards. On the defensive side, we did run tests to ensure that pokechecks can still connect with the puck in these situations.

Drew4u

Jul 22, 2016
Ok - fair to think that but, please do explain.

Lol the guy put up 53 points, he's dealing with many injury problems. I expect his production to be even worse. Even as an 89, he's too high. Id put him as the same overall as Nash.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Lol the guy put up 53 points, he's dealing with many injury problems. I expect his production to be even worse. Even as an 89, he's too high. Id put him as the same overall as Nash.

Funny, he's playing in the World Cup next month...

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Yeah Hossa's rating is just absurd. That's the only one of the RWers I really had a problem with. Some of the others could be a point or two off in my mind, but Hossa is egregious. Not even saying that as a Hawks hater; I like Marian Hossa, but he's not one of the top 10 RWers in the NHL anymore.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
How the hell is Weber a 94? He should be around 89 or 90 max. Where's Letang? He should get a 92.

Suter and Buff are other bad ones.

Landeskog is too high too.

Certain attributes have a bigger effect on the overall than others. Defensive awareness skyrockets defensemens overalls and strength is a pretty good one as well. Explains most of those, although I don't have a problem with Suter's rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad