NHL 17 Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
EB Games will give you a tiny figurine, BestBuy will give you a mini stick. There's a deluxe edition you can buy for $20 more that has HUT packs, special EASHL equipment (only cosmetic), and an EASHL team celebration. The deluxe edition may only be available from pre-orders, but I'm not sure.
Eh, was hoping more for a discount on the game lol. Last year I pre-ordered it for 59.99 I think.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Attribute weights should vary by player type. Kane should be able to be a 94 overall sniper without having a 92 defensive rating. Offensive attributes should be weighted much heavier, and defensive ones much lesser, for snipers.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
Patrick Kane who has 92 defensive awareness, the same as Patrice Bergeron, and that makes it higher than Benn (89) and Kopitar (91)! Obviously they do it just so Kane can have a nice high overall. Good thing you can edit stats haha

image_46.img.jpg

image_14.img.jpg

Jesus :laugh: glad I decided to revamp the rosters myself early on

Sep 19, 2008
So tell me again why ea gave Crosby a 96 when he isn't that good. He's a 93 at best. Stop acting like Crosby is the best player because he won two cups in a team game

BogsDiamond

Anybody get 2 U yet?
Mar 16, 2008
Agreed that the rating system is flawed. If they gave Kane his realistic attributes, he probably would only come out like an 87 or 88 overall because the overall rating puts so much emphasis on defensive awareness. He should be a super high end offensive player and average/below average in defense and physicality. That's the player he is. He's a great player because of his offensive ability. He's never going to win a Selke, so why give him Selke caliber defensive stats? That's dumb.

I'm starting to agree with the guy(s) who have said to just get rid of overall ratings and go solely with the individual attributes. Only disadvantage to that is it would be more difficult for casual fans to identify useful players. Everyone can look at Crosby's 95 overall and say "well that's obviously a great player". Sifting through individual attributes would be more difficult, and I think it might put off the average fan.

OV's are so subjective because we don't know how important attributes such as shot blocking, fighting or poke checks are.

I'd rather EA does something like 2K did a few years back and rate players according to their player type.
A goon could be 95OV but as a goon. If you changed his player type to "Sniper" his OV would drop to 40.

I have no problem with Kane being a 96 OV (or whatever he is), as a sniper/offensive threat.
But when guys like Toews get a 94 and are seen as the games #2 centre, then I have a problem.

In the end though, the ratings are insignificant because EA does such a poor job with player separation and differentiation.

There really is no difference between most players and teams. Especially when the CPU controls them. Every player becomes Patrice Bergeron.

Until the NHLPA allows for sub 75 OV players on an NHL roster, we're stuck with the broken system we have now.
It's a shame though.
I love playing CHL and AHL games because you can really feel the difference between player types. A sniper snipes, a dangler dangles and a grinder grinds.
A grinder will never be mistaken for a skilled-guy.
If the devs could get the same level of separation at the NHL level, the game would be close to perfect.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Again any1 know why leafs jerseys arent updated thats ridiculous...will it be an update ?

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
I still play NHL12 and haven't owned any game since.

In that game, poise is the most important multiplier, whatever it actually means inside the game. A guy can for example have 70 poise and 80 overall and then jump to 83 overall by only changing poise to 75 and keeping all other ratings the same.

If EA still uses this template, which wouldn't surprise me at all, the overalls are totally out of wack and will forever be so.

The ratings system needs a complete overall and has for about 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad