NHL 17 Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
The biggest thing I want is for them to bring back attributes in EASHL. They definitely accomplished their goal of making it more balanced between the people that play a lot and those that play a couple times a week, but it makes the game feel boring and stale very quickly. My teams has gone from division 10 to 1 and won the title probably 5 times since this game released, but there's nothing else to do. With the previous attribute system, you could always try out new and fun builds. That just isn't the case in NHL16. I'm fairly certain they'll bring it back, but I was also fairly certain they'd bring back permanent training in HUT again because the community was so vocal about it, but that's obviously not going to happen.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Used to play over 100's of hours of these games each year. Last 2 years i've probably played a total of 8 hours. Just not fun anymore.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
Used to play over 100's of hours of these games each year. Last 2 years i've probably played a total of 8 hours. Just not fun anymore.

I've played 16 quite a bit(gm mode/season mode) but that's really all I care for when it comes to the game.hopefully there's more leagues added.part of the fun with other ea games(mainly fifa)is seeing what new teams are added.

Stories

Science!
Sep 10, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
I've played 16 quite a bit(gm mode/season mode) but that's really all I care for when it comes to the game.hopefully there's more leagues added.part of the fun with other ea games(mainly fifa)is seeing what new teams are added.

If you mostly do the management aspect, there's always EHM.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Because this game is now HUT 17, if they are smart they'd at least expand HUTs game modes to make it more fun for casuals who are tried of being matched up against hardcores with Toews as their fourth line centre. Give me the ability to start 6-12 team HUT leagues with my friends where we have to draft our team using the cards we own, and can trade the rights to cards. HUT shootouts. Even HUT team play might be fun.

It'll never happen, but I think they have to redo GM mode from the ground up with the original intention to be to create it to work well online. There are a lot of basic things missing from GM mode like the ability to extend players, UFAs walking (yeah I know that sort of happens now with morale), better player development, fixing the player attribute glitch (almost every player getting 5 star shooting/skating which breaks the game after season 3 if you actually want to play).

They could keep the current gm mode untouched as Be A GM Classic.

ColeJ

Nov 4, 2007
Waxahachie, Texas
i seriously can't stand all the card collecting and "leveling" up that all sports games have become.

i blame the pokemon generation being grownups now. :\

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
i seriously can't stand all the card collecting and "leveling" up that all sports games have become.

i blame the pokemon generation being grownups now. :\

I entirely agree. I'm sure those modes will get the most attention, but I still prefer offline gaming, GM and local multiplayer with my son and friends. Sadly, I'm in the minority and will get the table scraps again this year.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015

uhhh, so this looks nice.

custom teams, world cup of hockey + relocation confirmed

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
That was a suprisingly good trailer with some interesting aspects.

Good Start EA

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
menus look nice. but I hope they arent trying to pull the wool over our eyes by refreshing the look but not the gameplay and features

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Relocation!?

That definitely has me intrigued.

Good initial trailer to build some excitement, now I hope that they've been able to back it up with the gameplay.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
EA's strategy with HUT is gross. "Our most popular game mode", yeah, all you had to do was completely neglect the other game modes and market the game to 11-year-olds with unlimited parents' credit cards and then dangle them from their ankles upside down for every last cent.

...Relocation looks cool.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Custom teams, world cup, AND relocation? Color me impressed at first, but i'm obviously not going to get my hopes TOO high yet. Relocation though... that'll be an insanely fun thing to use, I bet. The world cup might end up being a blast too. Good start EA.

Igor Shestyorkin

Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Whoa.. if you stop at the 47 second mark, it was a career mode thing with Vancouver and has a bunch of different aspects like facility ratings, new budgets and stuff. Check it out yourselves.

Nuge93

Stuck in a "Rebuild"
Jun 27, 2013
Whoa.. if you stop at the 47 second mark, it was a career mode thing with Vancouver and has a bunch of different aspects like facility ratings, new budgets and stuff. Check it out yourselves.

Facility Ratings:
Concessions
Team Store
Parking Lot 1
Club Seats

Owner personality:
Spending
Importance of Success
Patience

All with ratings of 0-5 stars (Owner Personality+Facility Ratings)

Arena:
Seating capacity
Arena age

Budget:
Player Salary Budget
Arena Operations Budget
Promotions Budget
Marketing Budget

Also cool, "Gold Coach Trade In"

Last edited:

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
The EA SPORTS NHL® 17 Cover Athlete Competitors are:

Country, Team, Player, Twitter Vote Hashtag

Team Canada, Dallas Stars, Jamie Benn, #NHL17Benn

Team USA, San Jose Sharks, Joe Pavelski, #NHL17Pavelski

Team Czech Republic, Philadelphia Flyers, Jakub Voracek, #NHL17Voracek

Team Sweden, Tampa Bay Lightning, Victor Hedman, #NHL17Hedman

Team Russia, St. Louis Blues, Vladimir Tarasenko, #NHL17Tarasenko

Team Finland, Florida Panthers, Aleksander Barkov, #NHL17Barkov

Team North America, Edmonton Oilers, Connor McDavid, #NHL17McDavid

Team Europe, Los Angeles Kings, Anze Kopitar, #NHL17Kopitar
You should give it directly to McDavid (Ea and NHl):laugh:

Why not Crosby, Ovechkin or Karlsson to compete against McDavid??

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
Custom teams, world cup, AND relocation? Color me impressed at first, but i'm obviously not going to get my hopes TOO high yet. Relocation though... that'll be an insanely fun thing to use, I bet. The world cup might end up being a blast too. Good start EA.
Makes me wonder if "team Europe"means the end of having teams like Switzerland,Slovakia in the game

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Facility Ratings:
Concessions
Team Store
Parking Lot 1
Club Seats

Owner personality:
Spending
Importance of Success
Patience

Arena:
Seating capacity
Arena age

Budget:
Player Salary Budget
Arena Operations Budget
Promotions Budget
Marketing Budget

Now I'm excited after seeing this.

Igor Shestyorkin

Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Facility Ratings:
Concessions
Team Store
Parking Lot 1
Club Seats

Owner personality:
Spending
Importance of Success
Patience

Arena:
Seating capacity
Arena age

Budget:
Player Salary Budget
Arena Operations Budget
Promotions Budget
Marketing Budget

Even with the relocation feature.

Market Size
Interest in Your Franchise
Open to Negotiations(Yes or no)
Fan Engagement
Stadium Funding Interest

For Halifax(in the video they showed, I think they were GMing Vancouver, not sure):

Market Size -- Medium
Interest in Your Franchise -- None
Open to Negotiations -- No
Fan Engagement -- Typical
Stadium Funding Interest -- 57% - 67%

For Hamilton:

Market Size -- Small
Interest in Your Franchise -- High
Open to Negotiations -- Yes
Fan Engagement -- Devoted
Stadium Funding Interest -- 57% - 67%

For Hartford:

Market Size -- Large
Interest in Your Franchise -- None
Open to Negotiations -- No
Fan Engagement -- Hardcore
Stadium Funding Interest -- 70% - 80%

Seems interesting, and there were also more bubbles so there are most likely MORE areas you can choose to relocate to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad