**NHL 15 Thread** Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
How do you personalize your name and equipment in online team play?

Any1? Do you have to continue to play to unlock customizations? Or are these people using their "live the life" player for OTP? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Manhattan

Dec 23, 2013
Stockholm
2 updates at a total of 3,5gb is crazy, what an underachievment.

Still haven't fixed the passing issue, can't decide where it's going 100% and the speed of the pass is line always hard as h**l.
Why?

The offsides are stupid, computer team mates crash the zone all the time, 10 feet too early or go offside if yok just do the tiniest drag or dangle ever.

The trippingen calls you get for blocking a shot or when you throw yourself on the ice to stop a puck with the stick, touches puck first but still get called for tripping.
Crazy bad!

Playing 2 on 2 sucks major too.
It's just peewee hockey out there, everybody's falling off eachother and sometimes 6-7 players are down for Counting like some wasted bums.

Another strange thing is the chance of clearing ON opponents, 9 out of 10 times every clear from own zone stops on an opponent.

The puck rolls too much, and almost every missed pass increase speed and goes to icing, which sucks.

Skating feels less than earlier games, this is just tread watering.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
What about things like editing attributes, captains, jersey numbers, etc? I can't find that anywhere

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yet we still can't edit players' jersey numbers....

Yeah so, I decided to look everything up after buying the game. Words can't describe how amazed I am at what isn't in this game. I brought up NHL Faceoff for PS1, this game is basically that, aside from the NHL Moments Live and modern game presentations, marginally better graphics. We're basically set back 15 years, and I'm only talking about basic, standard features. This game can only be summed up as a disaster and all the producers should be fired for insulting the hockey world with this. They were seriously better off just updating NHL14 (which I don't have because I just got a PS4, but that's my loss).

Dave Hahn

Apr 23, 2002
Yeah so, I decided to look everything up after buying the game. Words can't describe how amazed I am at what isn't in this game. I brought up NHL Faceoff for PS1, this game is basically that, aside from the NHL Moments Live and modern game presentations, marginally better graphics. We're basically set back 15 years, and I'm only talking about basic, standard features. This game can only be summed up as a disaster and all the producers should be fired for insulting the hockey world with this. They were seriously better off just updating NHL14 (which I don't have because I just got a PS4, but that's my loss).

Nah, that's a net gain buddy. I switched from 360 to PS4 and I'm impressed overall, Madden, Minecraft, War Thunder, Trials, etc and things are coming along nicely. NHL is a disappointment, but after 20 games or so I'm feeling better about the gameplay at least.

EA has an opportunity to make it right (granted, as much as they can) and stick with the timeline they promised to update things, communicate with the community, and build that trust again. If the arrogance (force fed rosters, catering to $ modes, etc) continues, someone is getting fired.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
In online team play, when it prompts me to spend "x" amount of XP on my player at the ESHL hub (ps3) , where exactly is that?

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Nah, that's a net gain buddy. I switched from 360 to PS4 and I'm impressed overall, Madden, Minecraft, War Thunder, Trials, etc and things are coming along nicely. NHL is a disappointment, but after 20 games or so I'm feeling better about the gameplay at least.

EA has an opportunity to make it right (granted, as much as they can) and stick with the timeline they promised to update things, communicate with the community, and build that trust again. If the arrogance (force fed rosters, catering to $ modes, etc) continues, someone is getting fired.

Oh, I'm not regretting getting a PS4. I didn't have NHL14 and the franchise regressed badly, so I guess I'll just have to wait another year. I just don't get how NHL15 can be such garbage when EA produces other sports games that at least has most of those basic features.

JohnnyBerts

Oct 30, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Oh, I'm not regretting getting a PS4. I didn't have NHL14 and the franchise regressed badly, so I guess I'll just have to wait another year. I just don't get how NHL15 can be such garbage when EA produces other sports games that at least has most of those basic features.

I don't regret the ps4 either but in hindsight I wish I would have kept NHL 14 and the PS3. Two patches of over 3gb and the game is still horrendous. This game was definitely not worth $70. I wish someone else would make a proper NHL game.

KOPITARRULEZ11

Apr 2, 2012
Minnesota
so game 5 of the finals goes to a shootout for some reason and than i lose and the game and it goes into the loading screen limbo yay 12 games of data lost fudge me :cry:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't regret the ps4 either but in hindsight I wish I would have kept NHL 14 and the PS3. Two patches of over 3gb and the game is still horrendous. This game was definitely not worth $70. I wish someone else would make a proper NHL game.

I switched over from xbox, so I didn't have the PS3. I'd consider going and still buying that game though if it could be updated a whole year. Do they do that?

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Started one last junior LtL

I was mad when I lost Dick Dagger, and I was livid over Touch Sucker

This is this game's last chance

If I have to abandon Grumpy Tickle due to another stupid glitch, it's back to 14 for me

Nightwing

Nov 23, 2010
Ottawa
Is there a way to "search" for players in the PS4 version of NHL15? Like the way it was in nhl 14 where you could narrow down on players based on certain things.

Last edited:

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
OTP is such a gong show with goalies. Every single game a goalie charges out and draws an interference penalty. I get it, ha ha, it's funny once. Don't do it every damn shift.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I still cannot get over how your CPU takes penalties and goes offsides.

My computer stick lifted a defenseman who didn't have the puck, got a double minor, then my forward diving poke checked and tripped another one. Any offensive chance I have is destroyed due to the pass "assist" and the fact that my computers are at the offensive faceoff dot when I'm crossing the red line.

Of course, that's only if you didn't get "Failed to receive data" or disconnect from the game in the first place. This game is ****ing awful.

Also good to know there's a new shootout glitch goal. I hit the post 3 times and he did some dumbass backhand from the dot and scored twice and won.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
video-game-17.jpg

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Any1? Do you have to continue to play to unlock customizations? Or are these people using their "live the life" player for OTP? Thanks in advance.

Customizations like skates and sticks? Don't know the exact names, but if you go to the Online > EA Sports Hockey League > My Pro >...you should see stuff like "Edit Pro" and "Edit Attributes". Edit Pro you can change your name and type of equipment. Edit Attributes you can add points you get from playing club/drop-in games.

To get boosts like +5, +7 etc, you either have to do LTL or do certain requirements in club games. Your LTL player is not the same as your OTP player.

In online team play, when it prompts me to spend "x" amount of XP on my player at the ESHL hub (ps3) , where exactly is that?

Not sure if I'm getting the question, but see above with the "edit attributes".

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
That's it, I'm done with this broken turd

This game is so unplayably broken that I'm switching to NBA2K 14

Good job EA

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Customizations like skates and sticks? Don't know the exact names, but if you go to the Online > EA Sports Hockey League > My Pro >...you should see stuff like "Edit Pro" and "Edit Attributes". Edit Pro you can change your name and type of equipment. Edit Attributes you can add points you get from playing club/drop-in games.

To get boosts like +5, +7 etc, you either have to do LTL or do certain requirements in club games. Your LTL player is not the same as your OTP player.

Not sure if I'm getting the question, but see above with the "edit attributes".

Thank you so much. I've played the nhl series forever but I've never touched bap/ltl let alone online play. So the amount of options and menu screens was throwing me off at first. Got it now. Cheers.

Does the game even the playing field during Online team play? I obviously just started my LFL pro as a dman, and on OTP these guys are just blowing past me despite being conservative.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
go to online then ea sports hockey league then my pro, it's under the my pro section (I think that's the name)

go to online then ea sports hockey league then my pro, it's under the edit attributes section, you can edit forward, d and goalie there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino