**NHL 15 Thread** Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilySmoov

May 14, 2011
You didnt see the glitch where if you try to do the puck-on-a-string deke behind the net it counted as a goal?

I haven't actually bought NHL 15. I knew this generation was gonna be awful, but that is just hilarious.

martz11

Mar 5, 2013
PA
Starting to notice a lot of online players won't play with the defense but rather back check with centers and let the computer check you. Don't know if that right lol.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
"but guys, we fixed the Colorado's team trainer's polo shirt for improved authenticity... what else do you want?"

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I legitimately want to know:

Why do all of my poke checks just make the puck bounce? Why does every poke check against me knock the puck halfway down the ice?

Why the **** is my defense going for a line change when the other team is coming down the ice?

Why am I always the only player in the offensive zone?

Why can't any of my players receive a pass?

Why can I get nudged and get thrown to the ice, but when I run into someone with full steam, I just grind on them?

The only reason I have is because I'm in division 3 and I have yet to spend a dollar on this game on packs. Sorry my first line center is Kyle Turris, and I'm going against Tavares every game. It's ****ing ridiculous. I shouldn't be penalized this much because I'm not an idiot and don't spend more money than I already did on this overpriced game.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Did any1 play in the vhl? I was wondering why that league disbanded

I won't go into the details, but it had to do with problems with the owner of the website. Everyone moved over to the LGHL (http://www.leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php) and it's still running there (on NHL 15 for the 360 this year) but with a lot lower numbers than the previous two seasons because some people made the jump to the next gen consoles, and others (like myself) had no interest in paying $60 for NHL 14 with a patch.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I legitimately want to know:

Why do all of my poke checks just make the puck bounce? Why does every poke check against me knock the puck halfway down the ice?

Why the **** is my defense going for a line change when the other team is coming down the ice?

Why am I always the only player in the offensive zone?

Why can't any of my players receive a pass?

Why can I get nudged and get thrown to the ice, but when I run into someone with full steam, I just grind on them?

The only reason I have is because I'm in division 3 and I have yet to spend a dollar on this game on packs. Sorry my first line center is Kyle Turris, and I'm going against Tavares every game. It's ****ing ridiculous. I shouldn't be penalized this much because I'm not an idiot and don't spend more money than I already did on this overpriced game.

I do get a little annoyed when I'm coming down the ice with a power forward, trying to go around the outside, and get just destroyed by the defenseman. No momentum to explain it either.

Then you have a situation where the CPU totally telegraphs their next move (like a wrap around) and you'll meet them square but it has no effect. They just skate away from you with the puck like nothing happened.

If I sell out on a check and whiff, that's fine. My fault. When I sell out on a check and get it right, it should at minimum separate the player from the puck.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
How do you personalize your name and equipment in online team play? Everyone seems faster and stronger than me aswell.

Last edited:

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Jesus, did the update add more interference calls? I'm sick of seeing these damn things several times a game. I guess making all players "live" results in a ton of contact away from the puck due to clumsy ai. They always call a damn interference penalty. I shouldn't have to kill 7 penalties a game and only have 1 pp.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
It's crazy how many goalie interference calls there are. If you're playing season mode and you set a line to crash the net, have fun on the pk.

Any1 help me with my previous question? I know it's a noob thing, but help is appreciated.

Last edited:

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
For franchise mode on ps4 is there a way to save my line tactics to where I don't have to change them before each game right after the jersey select screen? I'm talking about the tactics like offense strategy all out defense strategy puck side attack, those settings? Thanks in advance.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Does anyone know when the next roster update will be? I want to know when I can play with Gostisbehere since he signed a pro contract and is no longer a part of the college hockey circuit.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I have literally never seen a 5 minute major/game misconduct for interference. Did the developers decide that since they went this far with terrible penalties, they might as well just go all in on the insanity? Every time two CPU idiots run into each other, I'm getting penalized. Is the superstar difficulty level only challenging because you're shorthanded the entire time?

And what's really frustrating is how often I'm trying to pass the puck into the slot but can't because my teammate has been knocked on his ass.

Last edited:

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
All-Star feels like Pro mode now, I'm always destroying the CPU in shots, attack zone time, and rarely lose to them. I have played around with sliders to make the CPU more aggressive but it doesn't seem to really have an effect on them attacking me or my net.

Superstar seemed to give every CPU player an extra boost in ratings (which is EA's way of making the game tougher) and I haven't tried that setting yet, but is anyone else finding the AI on All-Star to be way too easy?

Another wonderful discovery I made was that if you stand behind your net with the puck, you will not be pressured at all. Least that's what happened when I was the Kings against Detroit, took the puck behind my net with Slava Voynov, and waited there for 4 minutes until the end of the period with two Detroit forwards just standing in my zone. The teammate AI wasn't any better either.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
The new update allowed me to drop the aggressiveness of the CPU down back to normal and they still average 25-30 SOG now.

-Better goalie play by both goalies, and at times it's really hard to score.

-My teammates have gotten worse about receiving passes/controlling the puck. In 4 games, I've seen countless times where I'll get past the defense and pass to my wide open teammate and it goes through his stick... I'm going to up Puck control by one. Lost a game this morning due to my players mishandling the puck with no one around them.

-One timers are dead. If by some chance my player doesn't fan on the shot, or it gets deflected by a higher power, they decide to tap the puck. Almost like watching 4 year olds shoot the puck.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
All-Star feels like Pro mode now, I'm always destroying the CPU in shots, attack zone time, and rarely lose to them. I have played around with sliders to make the CPU more aggressive but it doesn't seem to really have an effect on them attacking me or my net.

Superstar seemed to give every CPU player an extra boost in ratings (which is EA's way of making the game tougher) and I haven't tried that setting yet, but is anyone else finding the AI on All-Star to be way too easy?

Another wonderful discovery I made was that if you stand behind your net with the puck, you will not be pressured at all. Least that's what happened when I was the Kings against Detroit, took the puck behind my net with Slava Voynov, and waited there for 4 minutes until the end of the period with two Detroit forwards just standing in my zone. The teammate AI wasn't any better either.

After some updates, all star mode does seem much easier than last year. I had to bump it up to superstar, because I was crushing the CPU every game.

Unfortunately superstar difficulty just turns your players into garbage. They can't settle pucks, they can't recieve passes, they miss one timers almost every time. My fast players are having trouble beating the CPU's slow players. My power forwards get knocked off the puck way to easily. My bruisers checks have little effect unless I have a lot of momentum headed in. My goalie will move out of perfect position to show half the net and allow goals. CPU passes into the slot go between legs, under sticks, and sometimes my defenders are even courteous enough to move their stick at the last moment to allow it to go through.

The CPU defense still doesn't play tight. They still give me a lot of easy shots from the slot. I just get fewer of them because my players can't handle pucks.

The end result is a closer game on the scoreboard, but not a particularly fun game. Elite players should be elite regardless of difficulty. 4th line grinders should be largely bad regardless of difficulty (dangling with McLeod is way too easy). They need to figure out how to make the game challenging with strategy and defense rather than the lazy method of just adjusting ratings.

TheBrazenhead*

It's crazy how many goalie interference calls there are. If you're playing season mode and you set a line to crash the net, have fun on the pk.

It's worse in EASHL 6v6.

The other day the opposing human goalie kept coming way out of his crease to hit our players drawing penalities each time.

We caught on though and in the second period we eased up crashing the net, skating into the zone, forechecking ect to go around him and score. Once we got a nice lead he relatively stayed in his net after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad