**NHL 15 Thread** Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abradolf Lincler

Emancipating your inferior genes
Nov 16, 2011
NC
Does anybody know when (if ever) they are going to allow co-op ranked online versus play on Xbox one? It's one of the only reasons I own this game and it's the most disappointing thing to me that they left this out.

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
Does anybody know when (if ever) they are going to allow co-op ranked online versus play on Xbox one? It's one of the only reasons I own this game and it's the most disappointing thing to me that they left this out.

Agreed. Hopefully when they implement OTP they bring this in. I didn't buy the game but this is probably what I use the most on 14.

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013
Man is this game glitchy. I captured two of them below. Flying Jeff Skinner is hilarious.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
Well, I hit the breaking point today. I'm going to trade this in for Alien Isolation tomorrow.

NHL 15 has made me VERY cautious for next years game. Not going to pre-order next time. I will absolutely wait to hear reviews on this thing. Unless EA/team Vancouver hit it out of the park next year; I think I may just swear off the entire series. My gut tells me its just going to be more of the same unfortunately.

I still have MLB: The Show as my other sports game.

FoppaForsberg*

Anyone know when the next roster update for nhl 15 on ps3/xbox 360 would be?

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Lazy defense keeps getting bailed out by brick wall goaltending. How many times a game is a guy supposed to make a sprawling save on a one timer? I'm getting sick of beating the computer everywhere but the scoreboard as they score on shots slapped on net shortly after entering the zone.

Final score 5-3
Shots 15-30
Time on attack 3:50-10:01

I'm still crushing the CPU just like I did on all star. They've just made it so most of their shots go in now while their goalie plays out of his mind. And before anyone says shot selection, I had about 3 back door one timers that were saved with sprawling stops and a couple more whiffs. 2 of theirs were unscreened slappers from the point.

I want to be able to lose. It's boring if you're always winning. I just want to actually be outplayed. He'll, I'd be happy with a roughly even game that results in a loss. I'm just sick of the CPU essentially flipping a coin every game to determine the outcome regardless of the play on ice.

Last edited:

JaeTM

Dec 3, 2009
Long Island
The sprawling acrobatic saves are ridiculous. One? Fine. Two? Okay. When every goalie is Dominik Hasek reborn, your game is broken.

Lost 1-0. Outshot opponent 30-18 with numerous scoring chances. I should be 10-0 in Versus, but ridiculous goalies have made me 7-2-1.

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
So I turn on my 360 and a notification pops up saying downloading nhl update when I was at the dashboard.. anyone know what its about?

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
How many xp upgrade points do you need to not look like a slug amongst Ferrari's? I've been playing my defenseman pro (6'2 200lbs) for 2 weeks now and on Onlne Team Play I still get blown by like I'm not even there.

JohnnyBerts

Oct 30, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Well, I hit the breaking point today. I'm going to trade this in for Alien Isolation tomorrow.

NHL 15 has made me VERY cautious for next years game. Not going to pre-order next time. I will absolutely wait to hear reviews on this thing. Unless EA/team Vancouver hit it out of the park next year; I think I may just swear off the entire series. My gut tells me its just going to be more of the same unfortunately.

I still have MLB: The Show as my other sports game.

Ya definitely never pre-ordering again. Still can't believe this game costs $70. They obviously weren't clueless that the game wasn't polished - fine. But to go ahead and charge 70 bucks on a game you know still needs work - that's a terrible way to treat loyal customers.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
Quick question. Did they do a tuner or something for the Xbone yesterday? The game feels so much smoother online. I went 15-2 yesterday my record before that was 18-15-3.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
Ya definitely never pre-ordering again. Still can't believe this game costs $70. They obviously weren't clueless that the game wasn't polished - fine. But to go ahead and charge 70 bucks on a game you know still needs work - that's a terrible way to treat loyal customers.

I'm of the opinion that the series needs a team overhaul and a completely new look. If this was Madden, Rammer wouldn't have a job after this. But, since its NHL he can continue middling his position as a producer. Team Vancouver will still continue with marginal/poor releases in this series.

Unfortunately, I don't think EA cares. This series has just finally hit the grand mal seizure that has shown symptoms ever since team Vancouver took over in NHL'10.

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
Anyone know when EA might release the new jerseys? I have my doubts, but I'm praying that they'll have the Caps WC jersey in there.

hof2120

Mar 17, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I know it's not a big deal, but I really, really wish there was more to just 'practice' mode than just free skate with the best player on your favorite team. I'd like to at least be able to choose what player I'm using.

Talking ps4/xbone obviously.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
I know it's not a big deal, but I really, really wish there was more to just 'practice' mode than just free skate with the best player on your favorite team. I'd like to at least be able to choose what player I'm using.

Talking ps4/xbone obviously.

You can, go to edit lines and make whomever you want to use the center on the first line.

blueliner18

Oct 18, 2013
NE Ice rinks
Alright, here is what is really bothering me about EA and their production efforts in the NHL series. Why is it that 2K basically has zero competition for their NBA series (I don't count NBA Live by EA competition) and keeps making their product substantially better year after year? The modes and gameplay options make any EA Sport game a gigantic joke (except maybe FIFA). Honestly, I can't stand the NBA but 2K literally makes me want to play their game anyway. I really do not understand why a bigger company like EA with more resources, dev teams, and market share, keeps giving us mediocrity at best. Madden15, mediocre... UFC, mediocre... NBA Live, terrible... and NHL15, a big ol' thundering turd of a game. My problem is I'm a hardcore hockey junkie, I bought NHL15 (PS4) hoping I'd like it enough that it would satisfy and give me my hockey fix (I did not purchase NHL14, just not enough improvement from 13). In reality the game has such terrible depth, once you have played one game you played them all. Plus with EA omitting just about every mode at least in part, you would think at the very least that gameplay and presentation would be jaw dropping. Well it is only in a very negative way, (as in) my jaw has hit the floor knowing that I paid $60 for this game that is 1/4 finished (maybe). I don't care what they patch into the game for the rest of the season. Unless EA starts showing their hockey fans some appreciation with solid efforts year after year, I'm done. There is no reason why a smaller company like 2K can give us such a polished game (and with better graphics and ALL face scans), and EA has done nothing but S**T in our hats for 5 to 8 years.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
IMO the budget and staff for 2K NBA budget >>>> NHL series.

Doesn't necessarily excuse EA, but I think the demand is way higher for NBA games rather than NHL.

I would have to assume that NHL is pretty low on EA's radar.

2K didn't bother keeping up the NHL series, even though I thought it was better in a lot of areas. Especially in Franchise mode.

Madden isn't mediocre IMO. Thought 15 was an excellent game.
Can't comment on the other 2.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Does anyone know if EA plans to make the Soundtrack playable in the menus at any point in this game?

I've listened through the soundtrack, and I actually really like it this year but it sucks being unable to hear it in the game.

blueliner18

Oct 18, 2013
NE Ice rinks
IMO the budget and staff for 2K NBA budget >>>> NHL series.

Doesn't necessarily excuse EA, but I think the demand is way higher for NBA games rather than NHL.

I would have to assume that NHL is pretty low on EA's radar.

2K didn't bother keeping up the NHL series, even though I thought it was better in a lot of areas. Especially in Franchise mode.

Madden isn't mediocre IMO. Thought 15 was an excellent game.
Can't comment on the other 2.

I hope 2K's budget for NBA is higher it is the only sport game they have produced the past few years (I don't consider WWE a sport). Here is my arguement...
2K and EA baseball is dead, why? Because MLB The Show emerged as the best baseball game on the market and beat out the competition (2K and EA's MVP)
Same deal with 2K's NBA... they won the competition of consumer choice.
If you love playing Madden 15, that is great... but if you didn't like it, as a diehard NFL fan what other choice do you have??? NHL??? EA basically bought the market. IMO ESPN NFL2K5 and ESPN NHL2K5 10yrs later, still has better elements of gameplay and presentation than anything I have seen from EA. Hey at least Madden 15 is a complete game, I'll credit the dev team there. How much has Madden REALLY changed in 10 years though??? Other than some newer play selection features and graphic updates of the next gen versions, looks like the same gameplay when I purchased Madden 10 for PS3 (last Madden I owned).
If NBA2K and EA NHL isn't a good comparison, lets compare Madden and NBA2K... as far as gameplay, features, and modes I think 2K blows Madden away. I am willing to bet Madden's budget either triples or possibly quadruples 2K's NBA budget.
Luckily I'm not enough of an NFL fan to give a flying fornication. On the other hand I love hockey. EA IMO should have zero excuses, especially after skipping a next gen version of NHL14.
I mean I realize we are talking about video games, not life and death... I'm just really sick of EA's cut and paste development of ALL their sport franchises year after year after year. I stopped buying Madden in 2010 and if NHL keeps following the same path EA will lose my business altogether.

Last edited:

CH4

Jul 21, 2004
Chicoutimi
just bought the ps4,

How can I play online versus?

all I get is failed to receive data (tried like 20 times).

any way to avoid that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino