NHL 15 Thread Part IV (OFFICIAL: No Next Gen EASHL/GMC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
The way the faces look after fights are insane. Crazy graphics...wow.

You can shoot the puck after the whistle without an automatic fight finally...god that was so annoying

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
The goal scoring and skating looks very realistic, yea I kinda agree with the skill stick being a little bit overdone.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Here's my impressions of the Demo so far:

-Just like the real deal, lack of game modes. Just VS and that's it.
-Presentation is VERY nice. I really like the live intro and with Doc and Eddie with the green screen.
-More presentation love: The menus ARE FINALLY DIFFERENT. They look sharper and cleaner.
-Up close the players look very nice. the faces are really detailed.
-That said, the jerseys really do move like jell-o. I think my main issues are the numbers.
-up close on instant replays, you can see jerseys clipping through pants. Slightly annoying.
-Hits are a mixed bag: one the one hand, big hits FEEL satisfying. On the other though, it seems like big hits take out my player more often than not. Not sure if I like that.
-Arenas do look nice, but I don't notice crowd too much because I play on classic camera.
-Soundtrack, uh I don't know the songs. Menu music is Madden like with instrumentals.
-More on the fly options when adjusting your forecheck and defense like. I always tweaked them while playing so it's nice to see that there is more.
-Presentation again, I like the NBC theme playing at the end of a period.
-Ray Ferraro commentary isn't bad, but doesn't stand out either.
-The ice looks cool. You can really see it becoming rough by the end of the period.
-You can tell its'a different stadium. Staples and MSG do look different, way more than on previous gen consoles.
-Game doesn't do OT just straight into Shootout.
-I haven't checked the players overalls yet. I tried going into shootout but wasn't able to. Not sure if you can do it during game, will have to check.

Overall, I really like the changes. Maybe losing EASHL and CGM will be alright. Maybe.

Last edited:

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Yeah the jerseys are a tad over done but in the middle of gameplay you hardly even notice that crap....

Goals have been varied so far for me...snipes, deflections, in close...one right off the draw by me..

I like it a lot better than 14...my only issues so far are the sticks going through boards in corner, weird jerseys, no jersey tuck (damn you EA), NO HUT IN DEMO!, Hitting is clearly turned up big time like always for the demo but thats to be expected, and the skill stick is over done....i hope everyone cant just dangle all over like that considering you dont even have to hit RB

Presentation is top notch, besides jerseys..but everything else is great..DOC sounds solid..graphics are amazing..I'm pretty happy.

Everything definitely feels different and better from 14...Skating, goalies, hitting etc...which is good.

This is a good sign for me, cause with tweaks/tuners this game can be really solid..I just wish skill stick was tuned down a tad..other than that, I can live without EASHL on next gen for a year..cause the game is pretty solid overall otherwise..AI is a mixed bag currently...seen some good and bad by it...

I do like the new menus, the new displays and NBC stuff...new change line n strategies stuff...presentation A+...gameplay is solid as well.

Game flows better...more realistic IMO...

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
You guys have played like an hour of the demo. I personally like to enjoy the game and digest it. :laugh:

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Just so people know there is both arenas...Staples and MSG...

And they totally stand out as different. Its awesome. I love the presentation...

By listening to it in background you'd think you really were watching an NBC game...and the intros sure as hell look like one...

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Just so people know there is both arenas...Staples and MSG...

And they totally stand out as different. Its awesome. I love the presentation...

By listening to it in background you'd think you really were watching an NBC game...and the intros sure as hell look like one...

The Crowd is really into it too. When I was doing a shootout as an away team you can hear the boos. It's great!

Also trying the new default camera, I like it. It feels like a TV thing but it's cool. I don't see it taking away from my overhead default but it's neat and refreshing.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Gameplay on All-star / Hardcore is great.

Puck doesn't seem to ever roll though as advertised...seen it like twice in 10 or some ga mes

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
The Crowd is really into it too. When I was doing a shootout as an away team you can hear the boos. It's great!

Also trying the new default camera, I like it. It feels like a TV thing but it's cool. I don't see it taking away from my overhead default but it's neat and refreshing.

Yeah the fans are a lot more in it....When your at home and score its nice

Goal horns sound more authentic as well....

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
demo, y u no on ps4 yet :( :(

Atleast you get to play it. :rolleyes:

Although it's pretty bare, all there is, is Play Now basically.

When ya'll bragging about Demo, I'll be bragging when my Season Ticket gives me three days of gameplay before people don't have Season Ticket. :P

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Atleast you get to play it. :rolleyes:

Although it's pretty bare, all there is, is Play Now basically.

When ya'll bragging about Demo, I'll be bragging when my Season Ticket gives me three days of gameplay before people don't have Season Ticket. :P

N the One users will be bragging with 5 days early access

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
I played 2 games and I love it. Feels so authentic to me. Love the puck physics.

My first goal. Slap shot rang off of Quicks mask, hits the backboards glass, pops out in front, LA can't handle it, my guy pushes the player and he scores on his own net.

Some crazy looking saves made by Quick on me.

Presentation looks amazing.

Cool penalties. I got high sticked and my guy grabbed his face. 2 on 1 and LA runs my goalie and a goalie interference is called. I slashed a guys stick out of his hand and it flew. Got a penalty for that.

Can't wait until the full version comes out. I'm not a very picky guy, but looks promising.

Habs12max

Mar 6, 2008
Already found a glitch goal. Right stick 3 o'clock to 6, the shoot. Works like 95 % of the Time when 1 on 1 against the goalie...

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Thats fine, I have both...Be getting my 6 hours and 3 days.

fancy_pants_man_by_dogpuppy1-d66gdka.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad