NHL 15 Thread Part IV (OFFICIAL: No Next Gen EASHL/GMC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

getyourselfsomerest

Jul 22, 2011
So far(from the stream), the best feature seems to be Ray Ferraro. Sounds great. but You hardly hear from Eddie and there's far too much silence between plays.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
"Hockey has three periods, not two halves!"

I can't believe this is a line in the game. :facepalm:

matt1396

Jul 28, 2012
Toronto
I like that the players feel heavier and overall the game does feel different. But I'm not sure it's worth losing EASHL and GMC over... But I did score a really cool goal with Gaborik that i'll post soon. Also it's nice to see EA took the NBA 2k approach and took sound out of video recordings.

JA

Demo footage is available on YouTube.

Here's something peculiar I found in the following video. A delayed penalty is called on the LA Kings at 1:45 of the video; Henrik Lundqvist leaves the net for an extra attacker. Soon after, in the offensive zone the Rangers' puck carrier throws the puck back into their own net for an own goal at 1:59 of the video.

Ray Ferraro actually says at 2:13:

"Beats me, Edzo, what he's not doing in the net, but that's an empty net goal against."

At the 3:54 mark, the puck is cleared out of the Los Angeles zone and is caught by a Rangers player a few feet outside the blue line, yet Doc says "That's a good keep, that's a great keep at the line."

Last edited by a moderator:

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
First impressions after a few plays:

1) Game looks beautiful
2) Plays much smoother than the previous games
3) Hitting is definitely cranked up
4) Jerseys do look strange flapping in the wind
5) Commentary is nothing to write home about, but presentation is great

I'm impressed so far.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I haven't heard Olcyzk or Ferraro once in game.

Other than that I love it. Dekes and physics are going to take a while to get used to, but its a good change.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I like that the players feel heavier and overall the game does feel different. But I'm not sure it's worth losing EASHL and GMC over... But I did score a really cool goal with Gaborik that i'll post soon. Also it's nice to see EA took the NBA 2k approach and took sound out of video recordings.

The way this game plays would be awful for EASHL

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Alright after going into practice mode and playing with the skill stick...

You can still do the like stick handling like pull back and stuff..

Only thing gone is the one hand off stick..

You can still do with RB...the jump, off the skates, between the legs, windmill etc...

I'm adapting to the new skill stick now and i gotta say I love it....you can do some crazy stuff one on one with the goalie..I'm loving it...Datsyuk shootout move is pretty easy to do..

At first I couldn't get the hang of how I used it in 14 but you just have to be gentle with it and you'll find the groove.

You really can do sick backhand **** like the trailer shows..I've hand some really sick back hand roof jobs so far.

Game is a lot better than 14 IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad