NHL 15 Thread Part IV (OFFICIAL: No Next Gen EASHL/GMC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Playing defense in this game is awful, stick lifts and poke checks don't even work

ORLY

Oct 31, 2011
I like it but will love it once I get adjusted to it. Skill stick seems a little off.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Looks great, but the jerseys are goofy as hell. The old way looked more natural. I get what they were trying to do, but jerseys just tend to be a little tighter fitting. A little movement is good, but they don't need to flap in the wind.

Draisaitl

Dude, where's Makar?
Oct 18, 2013
Berlin
giphy.com
Lets hope the guys from the PSNstore make this available to us owning a ps4 ASAP!

I've watched this dudes stream on twitch for a good 2 hours now, and it feels like this is just a huge NBC commercial and barely any improvements were made considering the gameplay.
The stupid computer AI offsides are still in there, the freakkin fights pop up twice a period, bodychecking is still OP as ****, same old "glitch" goals, same terrible netminders and so on, and on and on....
Its exactly the same game, just some new stride deekes were added, which I will have to test first. Other than that? Jerseys acting like flags+presentation improvements while being annoying cuz of all the NBC logos flying around.

I know I sound like a hater, but I havent seen much so far that seems appealing...and I'm supposed to buy 2 copies of this game(ps4+xbox 360), doubt I will do so though:shakehead

Grazzy

Sep 29, 2012
Was really hoping that it would suck. It doesn't. Lots of steps in the right direction:

The new camera angle is great, probably wouldn't use it online, but the offline players will love it.

AI play away from the puck seems much better, but will have to see how it plays out vs another person.

Puck physics really make a huge difference in how you play the game. Seems a lot closer to hockey than previous attempts.

Actually had fun playing against the computer (hardcore/allstar), the AI played much more like a real person. Less of the irrelevant passing and more movement with intention

The skill stick also looks to be an improvement, but need more time with it.

Looking forward tot he EA Access trial and absolutely dreading picking up the old gen version after playing this.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Demo footage is available on YouTube.

Here's something peculiar I found in the following video. A delayed penalty is called on the LA Kings at 1:45 of the video; Henrik Lundqvist leaves the net for an extra attacker. Soon after, in the offensive zone the Rangers' puck carrier throws the puck back into their own net for an own goal at 1:59 of the video.

Ray Ferraro actually says at 2:13:

"Beats me, Edzo, what he's not doing in the net, but that's an empty net goal against."

At the 3:54 mark, the puck is cleared out of the Los Angeles zone and is caught by a Rangers player a few feet outside the blue line, yet Doc says "That's a good keep, that's a great keep at the line."

New and improved AI on that 1st goal, folks :biglaugh:

linusandvarlamov

GO AVS GO !
Apr 2, 2014
Paris, France
EA really did overhype the commentary this year. I'm pretty sure, after having listened to it for about two months or so fans will almost prefer the commentating from the previous years. After having watched the NHL 15 Demo video, it just sounds so bland and unnatural. And seriously, where are those different levels of excitement EA was talking about ?

I'm happy I didn't purchase a ps4 for this game yet. I'm going to wait until they decide to drastically improve the gameplay (that looks pretty much the same as in 13, 14 apart from a couple new dekes).

Also, another thing that I noticed was that each time the Rangers would score, they'd play the same song over and over. Hopefully, fans who like playing with the Kings in the game won't have to hear that exact same song every time the visiting team puts a goal up on the score board ...

The only improvements I see have been made in the crowd.

ftmN

Mar 7, 2014
Australia
I'm in Aus, downloading it at the moment off PS store. Must be delayed for you guys?

edit: try rebooting ps4?

Sep 19, 2008
It's live in Europe not in US. I checked an hour ago before work.

So silly. Was hoping to download demo while on standby and play it when i get home.

Enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad