NHL 15 Thread Part IV (OFFICIAL: No Next Gen EASHL/GMC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
How did this guy have access to the game/achievements anyway? It said his account was rammer34 or something, why would he record that (assuming it's Sean Ramjenblabla?

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
From previous thread:

Why does it say "NHL 15 Full Game".

Also, a lot of those achievements sound not fake, but like, I dunno, odd.

Just going remain calm and wait until it is announced (either in or out of the game) and advise everyone else to do the same.

Circumstantial evidence is piling up and has piled up to the point now where everyone pretty much knows it won't be there. This isn't just adding fuel to the fire anymore. This is turning a warehouse fire into a ****ing full-on forest fire. This whole debacle and charade of leaving everyone in the dark has backfired so badly for EA with all the negative press that even if they say "it's in" (which the chances of that happening at this point are the same of pigs flying out of my ass in a flying saucer full of Italian sausage), they'll have lost so much good will with their antics either they'll still lose sales or people will have a very short leash with them going forward.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
Saw someone in the other thread mention that next year is the perfect time for 2K to come out with a game and I couldn't agree more. If they were to make an amazing game I wouldn't be suprised if they took half of EA's customers. I think new game+angry EA customers could do that.

Very happy I didn't preorder and even more happy I didn't buy a PS4 for it (would have bought other games but NHL 15 would have solidified my decision). Maybe I'll buy it for PS3 in a few months but I'll most likely not buy it and just play 14. I'll save my money for MLB 15 The Show and a PS4 in the spring. Now there's a company that knows how to make a solid game. EA could learn a lot from them.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Saw someone in the other thread mention that next year is the perfect time for 2K to come out with a game and I couldn't agree more. If they were to make an amazing game I wouldn't be suprised if they took half of EA's customers. I think new game+angry EA customers could do that.

Very happy I didn't preorder and even more happy I didn't buy a PS4 for it (would have bought other games but NHL 15 would have solidified my decision). Maybe I'll buy it for PS3 in a few months but I'll most likely not buy it and just play 14. I'll save my money for MLB 15 The Show and a PS4 in the spring. Now there's a company that knows how to make a solid game. EA could learn a lot from them.

SCEA no longer has competition since 2K dropped out of the fold for MLB, and this is their first full development cycle without the competition in 2K, so I am a bit skeptical. I do see them focusing mostly on implementing manager challenges for 15 and also crew chief reviews for the blocking the plate crap. That will take a while to fully nail down, but at least I have confidence in them implementing it right. I mean, EA can't even properly implement icing for NHL :laugh:

The Leafs Fan

Jun 11, 2014
Toronto
NHL players are playing NHL 15 tomorrow.
Gs2QK9vdFPoHxNCv0bBaOJi6XHqupXguqdDDcGQdWCrV7GceXVpDNBVoHWoPWnax

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA

This...

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
SCEA no longer has competition since 2K dropped out of the fold for MLB, and this is their first full development cycle without the competition in 2K, so I am a bit skeptical. I do see them focusing mostly on implementing manager challenges for 15 and also crew chief reviews for the blocking the plate crap. That will take a while to fully nail down, but at least I have confidence in them implementing it right. I mean, EA can't even properly implement icing for NHL :laugh:

I think the gap between SCEA and 2K for MLB was greater than the one between EA and 2k for NHL meaning SCEA didn't really have to do much to keep fans happy. Yet they still came out every year with a solid game.

I have a lot more faith in SCEA than I do in EA. I didn't get MLB 14 The Show but heard it was amazing. I bought every version since 06 and I've loved it every year and couldn't find many problems with it and even if there was a problem they usually fixed it. I can't say the same about EA.

GeNeXt

Jul 5, 2012
So EASHL will remain in PS3 and 360 versions but not next gen. BRILLLLLLIANT.

LMAO.

EA new strategy - sell double the copies by getting you to buy one copy for the eye candy on next gen and another copy for EASHL.

It's sad because even with all the outrage, people will bend over and buy it for both generations.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
In regards to the commentary, what they need to have is a single line of commentary for each guy that's something like "oh but what's this?" that can be overlaid whenever something is happening while a line is currently being delivered to cancel out that first line and then let that next line start. I think that would help it feel more natural. And keep all the Pierre knowledge lines for when a change is happening or during a whistle.

Also, I hope they eventually get rid of those forced highlight reels of guys...

I plan on buying it for PS3 (not planning on buying a PS4... or probably a PS5 etc.) just to have the last edition released.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I had a really hard time believing all the cover talk, I personally thought it was stupid, but that achievement list is troubling. It's almost concrete evidence.

Honestly have to say I doubt it's in the game now. Hope it still is, but I really want to know the reason if it's not. Doesn't make sense.

EDIT: What's with the "Locked" things under the achievements? I don't know because I just got an XB1, but could those be locked achievements?

EDIT OF THE EDIT: Realizing it means that both people haven't gotten the achievement. Cya, hope!

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2009
How the **** could they possibly make the commentating worse! It sounds so awful, might not buy the game just because of that. Man, EA is so ****ing stupid.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
So EASHL will remain in PS3 and 360 versions but not next gen. BRILLLLLLIANT.

LMAO.

EA new strategy - sell double the copies by getting you to buy one copy for the eye candy on next gen and another copy for EASHL.

The funny thing is though that pre-gen consoles don't get half the new features. :laugh:

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
The funny thing is though that pre-gen consoles don't get half the new features. :laugh:

Thats what makes this whole thing ridiculous.....You sacrifice basically all their new upgrades just to play EASHL..

Now if they actually ditched EASHL and severely upgraded the existing game modes like Be a GM, Live the Life and HUT....I wouldn't be as mad....but I'd bet anything they didn't even touch the game modes...just visuals and some physics improvements....UNREAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad