** NHL 15 Thread ** Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rielly4Captain

Apr 9, 2012
The cross crease goals would be reduced if they gave the goalies the ability to stop the passes.

So many times the goalie could have just put his stick down and stopped the pass, but instead it goes right through the blue paint as the goalie is hugging the post to the player and in.

It's really one of those common sense things goalies don't seem to have.

Completely agree on this point. There are a lot of AI improves I hope to see... that is pretty much my only wish for this game.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It's like the cut to the middle and shoot close side top corner.

All the AI needs to do is stop and hit the guy as he cuts in, but instead the keep backing up.

The forwards AI is pretty decent, but the D needs A LOT of work and the goalies needs some tuning as well

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
The only part of the AI's game that I think is too good is their awareness with the puck in regards to passing to teammates. They never pass to anyone you're guarding and it just turns into a game of keepaway with no conscious effort to get the puck to the net.

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
You do realise that those "right circumstances" are the highest-chance to score in real life too right? That is why they are easy to score. With the right defensive system, you can stop these from happening 9 times out of 10.

I disagree. Many times I am there covering it it just auto rolls through to his stick. My guys hardly seem to intercept, if hes tried it 10 times a game, maybe the goalie should realise he was oging to do it again?

Hell, last night I played a 60 minute game against my mate where he shot a short side snap shot from the top of the hash marks like 10 times in a row because he knew he would score from there. I literally just stopped defending him at all and stood there because I knew he would just try for the easy gift goal the goalies give up 80% of the time.

Rielly4Captain

Apr 9, 2012
I disagree. Many times I am there covering it it just auto rolls through to his stick. My guys hardly seem to intercept, if hes tried it 10 times a game, maybe the goalie should realise he was oging to do it again?

Hell, last night I played a 60 minute game against my mate where he shot a short side snap shot from the top of the hash marks like 10 times in a row because he knew he would score from there. I literally just stopped defending him at all and stood there because I knew he would just try for the easy gift goal the goalies give up 80% of the time.

Agree, they do need to fix the whole puck-rolling-through a player/stick. That gets very annoying, when you consciously go down to block a pass and it magically goes through you.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Agree, they do need to fix the whole puck-rolling-through a player/stick. That gets very annoying, when you consciously go down to block a pass and it magically goes through you.

Or players shooting a puck, and during the follow through his stick will go through players legs/bodies. That **** is annoying because that has a huge effect on your shot getting where you want it to go in real life.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Or players shooting a puck, and during the follow through his stick will go through players legs/bodies. That **** is annoying because that has a huge effect on your shot getting where you want it to go in real life.

The developers mentioned how difficult it would be to make a playable game if sticks couldn't go through bodies, and to a point I agree with them.

I do think it would make things better if sticks could still go through bodies, but the game could tell when it happens and affect the specific scenario accordingly. Such as if a player's access to a loose puck was diminished if there was a leg or body in the way of their stick. Or allowing shots/passes to still be made with the stick going through a body, but at least affecting the accuracy and power of that shot/pass.

Would at least throw us hardcore fans a bone, but not completely make the game unplayable for casual fans.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
One thing I wish the AI did more of was be more aggressive in boxing out players, finishing checks, and also be more aggressive when it has the puck in the offensive zone. That would present more of a challenge than the superficial difficulty settings that pretty much gives the CPU a higher ratings boost and doesn't necessarily make it smarter or more challenging to play against.

matt1396

Jul 28, 2012
Toronto
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/puck-daddy-chats-with-with-nhl-15-producer-sean-ramjagsingh-about-moving-to-next-gen--improved-physics-and-living-crowds-193500033.html

A new interview that is kind of different from some of the others we have seen so far. Some things I liked from this

"To be honest with you, we’re still evaluating how much we want the ice to impact the puck. It’s awesome puck behavior with the physics and the puck bouncing and being loose and creating the emergent gameplay, but it’s a fine line of having too much of that and having the ice impact that as well. It could lead to, and we’re doing testing around that, a frustrating gameplay experience with the puck bouncing all the time when the ice is bad. As part of the final stages of tuning and balancing, we’re still trying to assess where the sweet spot is in terms of fun factor and how much the ice may or may not impact the puck."

I like that the ice could seriously affect the way the puck bounces and behaves, it should make things more interesting for sure.

"We have full control over the dispersion of the crowd, meaning how many fans are wearing jerseys of the team, like if you’re Calgary with the “Sea of Red;” are you playing against a Toronto or Montreal at your home rink where you’ll have half Toronto or half Montreal fans."

They have obviously talked a lot about the arenas already but I like the 2nd part of that quote about hosting the Leafs and Habs. When those two teams play some western conference teams there are usually a bunch of people in Leafs or Habs jerseys so hopefully they do it well in the game.

"The music piece is fairly generic across, so we have a new soundtrack in the game this year really focusing on bringing that arena to life, both between plays and after goals and things like that."

Hopefully they actually implement the songs that play after a goal at every arena that would be awesome.

" - There will be a new Stanley Cup celebration cut scene in the game. They’re currently making tweaks and re-shooting the end scene

- The Winter Classic venues will be playable only on gen-3 consoles (Michigan Stadium is not included"

FINALLY. A new cup celebration is something we ALL wanted and they finally did it. Also I guess it sucks that the Winter Classic won't be on next gen, but as long as the actual arenas are done well, it doesn't matter to me.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Well that sucks for us Ottawa fans. Getting drowned out in your own arena is bad enough, but in a video game haha...

jace29

Dec 11, 2009
Santa Barbara, CA
seems like on every play both D-men and the forward with the puck converge right in front of the net and they all fall over/ get hit.. how often does this happen in real life? not very. thorntons shot :09 looks dumb. doesnt look like they really changed defensive AI.

NHL 16 comes out when?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
seems like on every play both D-men and the forward with the puck converge right in front of the net and they all fall over/ get hit.. how often does this happen in real life? not very. thorntons shot :09 looks dumb. doesnt look like they really changed defensive AI.

NHL 16 comes out when?

That's like writing of a team because they went 2-3-2 in the pre-season

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
One thing I wish the AI did more of was be more aggressive in boxing out players, finishing checks, and also be more aggressive when it has the puck in the offensive zone. That would present more of a challenge than the superficial difficulty settings that pretty much gives the CPU a higher ratings boost and doesn't necessarily make it smarter or more challenging to play against.

This is my biggest problem. You up the difficulty level it just makes your AI teammates more stupid (if you're playing BAP) or the AI opponents have higher ratings on all four lines.

It's obnoxious.

Jacob8hockey*

Im shocked so little gameplay has leaked. Every year I swear there is some footage of the actual game.

Anth

May 3, 2013
Laval
nhl-15-saddledome.jpg

Saddle Dome

nhl-15-rexall-place.jpg

Rexall Place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad