Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Bsr_s-4IYAENxTA.jpg

ThrillinPhil

Tdot.
Jan 9, 2011
they havent changed the goalie masks in years, I know it would be impossible to get realistic designs, but at least design a few more custom ones for each team.

Anth

May 3, 2013
Laval
they havent changed the goalie masks in years, I know it would be impossible to get realistic designs, but at least design a few more custom ones for each team.

Couldn't agree more, It gets boring seeing the same designs year after year.

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick
:laugh: at the shot Thornton takes at :09 seconds in. The **** is that? I hate those weird shots where the puck just flies off with no shot motion. Has it on his forehand but it takes off like a backhander out of no where.. and Doughty is literally hovering above the ice superman style when he dives.
end rant.

My god I can't believe they actually included one of those shots in a trailer... The old shovel shot. Groundbreaking physics!!!! ZOMMGGG!!

Last edited:

Nosedive

Apr 4, 2014
There needs to be competition. I miss 2K. I still play NHL 2K8 because of all the customization that game has. 2K gave the player a lot more control than EA Sports (e.g. controlling all 30 teams in dynasty/franchise mode)

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Not really liking the goalies doing the same stupid animations in those two screenshots but what ya gonna do...

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Group celebration finally. That's pretty cool. Interested to see the video today.

I'm almost 100% certain there were group celebrations in either '10 or '11 but then got taken out for some reason.

Also, is it just me or do they boast about some great new physics engine every single year?! Jesus.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
There was a couple of "gameplay" snippets in that video such as the Datsyuk replay, and the Thornton backhand. Anyone else notice how drastically different the graphics looked in those gameplay snippets VS. when they cut back to the player models. ( Second 8 and Second 9 in the video)

I fear the graphics will look nothing like how how they are portraying them to be in these videos. I hope we aren't being led on the way Madden leads people with their graphic trailers.

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
I fear the graphics will look nothing like how how they are portraying them to be in these videos. I hope we aren't being led on the way Madden leads people with their graphic trailers.

In motion it will be a lot harder to tell the individual features of players however I think the replays plus TV presentation stuff is where it will really shine...

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
At the beginning of the trailer it shows Orpik-Niskanen as our top pair. I really hope they aren't our top rated defenseman in the game. :laugh:

linusandvarlamov

GO AVS GO !
Apr 2, 2014
Paris, France
I watched the physics trailer today ! I hadn't even realized a new trailer had come out. :laugh: What they showed in the trailer looks promising but I'd really like to see some actual gameplay now (if I remember rightly, EA usually shows gameplay 2-3 weeks before the release date of an NHL game).

Anyway, I've made up my mind that I won't be getting a PS4 for this, I'll just get the game on PS3 and wait until the game improves a little more on the PS4. I always find myself playing the waiting game with EA, that's why I'm still on NHL 13 :laugh:.

JZCislesHockey

Jul 29, 2013
Long Island, NY
I hope the pucks finally bounce out of the net when you score like in real life. It isn't realistic to take a 100 mph slapper off the top of the net and have it bounce down and die on the ice. That's just a pet peeve.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
CCM Tacks equipment confirmed in that 0.5 flash of MacKinnon taking a shot

f79867c91e.png

ccm-tacks-stick.jpg

Love the look of that stick and hopefully the skates are in too. Gonna be my go to in EASHL

It looks like you can also see a bunch of guys repping what looks to be the Warrior QR1

Last edited:

Rielly4Captain

Apr 9, 2012
They probably have a system of trying to get the elite players MOSTLY correct while the average pleb is probably not even close.

They are certainly far better than NHL14 [MOD]

I liked what I heard about the review. Espeically about what Sean said regarding people trying to game the game. I hated that some people just needed the right circumstances to get the same goal over and over, hashmark snap shot, pass crease to goal. Goalies should be able to see this happening and learn from it especially if a player/team likes doing it a lot. I am really hoping Goalie AI, and Defender AI are much better than they were. This gives me even more excitement for the game. It would be nice if they could really up the ante on the Commentary as well but I would think its pretty much set in stone by this time. Though being the off-season, maybe the commentators have more time to record/re-record what they need to.

In essence, I am bloody excited and will be a day 1 buy on my XBO for this.

You do realise that those "right circumstances" are the highest-chance to score in real life too right? That is why they are easy to score. With the right defensive system, you can stop these from happening 9 times out of 10.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The cross crease goals would be reduced if they gave the goalies the ability to stop the passes.

So many times the goalie could have just put his stick down and stopped the pass, but instead it goes right through the blue paint as the goalie is hugging the post to the player and in.

It's really one of those common sense things goalies don't seem to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad