** NHL 15 Thread ** Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyolly

Jun 4, 2014
SoCal
I hate when it's that awkward hockey lull during summer where the draft and (most of) the free agency buzz are gone, and pre-season and NHL video games are still a couple months away. Really makes it drag along.

Chris Pronger

Valar morghulis
Jan 20, 2011
Canada
Brand new arena pictures. (Do open image in new tab for bigger picture)

Rogers arena looks nice with the huge banner Heart of a Canuck

nhl-15-american-airlines-center.jpg

nhl-15-rogers-arena.jpg

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I hate when it's that awkward hockey lull during summer where the draft and (most of) the free agency buzz are gone, and pre-season and NHL video games are still a couple months away. Really makes it drag along.

European hockey begins in August. Should try and latch on to that to bridge the gap if you want.

Nuge93

Stuck in a "Rebuild"
Jun 27, 2013
Since Jokerit is moving to the KHL... That means I won't get my favorite team's jerseys for hut anymore :m-sad:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I wish the game came out in July or August to fill that lull between post-frenzy and pre-season but I know that won't happen ever.

Nuge93

Stuck in a "Rebuild"
Jun 27, 2013
So let me get this straight... If I pre-order the ultimate edition from gamestop, I get $64 worth of ultimate team packs plus the game for $70?

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Brand new arena pictures. (Do open image in new tab for bigger picture)

Rogers arena looks nice with the huge banner Heart of a Canuck

nhl-15-american-airlines-center.jpg

nhl-15-rogers-arena.jpg

Man I'm just waiting to see the Sens arena and the Bolts arena, those are the only two I've been to in person so I don't really give a damn about the other ones. :laugh:
I am interesting to see if they will put the cannon in the Jackets' arena though.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Man I'm just waiting to see the Sens arena and the Bolts arena, those are the only two I've been to in person so I don't really give a damn about the other ones. :laugh:
I am interesting to see if they will put the cannon in the Jackets' arena though.

That's all i want, and for those about to rock, we salute youuuu!

But thats to much to ask for...lol

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
That's all i want, and for those about to rock, we salute youuuu!

But thats to much to ask for...lol

Since they are pimping their authentic arenas so much, it would only make sense to have the cannon. But the way EA is... who knows if they will put it in.

iamthewalrus

Aug 1, 2010
Connecticut
Are there any big expos or press conferences left between now and September 9th? Or any other kind of date where we could expect news? I'm thinking soundtrack, demo release date, more in depth game mode details, etc etc.

Or will they just randomly hold their own conference on any given day

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
from that SI article:
The controls are more or less the same, with the exception of an improved skill stick that eliminates the need hold down the X button (or A, on Xbox) in order to protect the puck.

That's new info I believe, wonder what the A button will be used for instead?

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
from that SI article:

That's new info I believe, wonder what the A button will be used for instead?

It's currently an automatic high stick call without the puck, I imagine it'll be the automatic turnover button now lol.

If they were smart, they could have it if you hold the button down near the blue line, your player would stay onside. I'm so sick of having my player stupidly take the puck out of the zone and back for offsides.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
New physics demonstration video tomorrow. The picture on Facebook has the puck rolling while a player is chasing it, so I'm guessing rolling/bouncing pucks will be a feature. I'm interested to see how that works. It seems like it could be awesome, adding realism occasionally, or a complete disaster where it's impossible to control the puck. I remember in the '13 demo, they had a feature where if you passed it too hard, your player would mishandle it and it was exceptionally annoying. Even guys with great hands receiving the pass would mishandle it. I hope they don't try to go overboard with the realism.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
That's Giroux? What?

Also, after playing NHL 14 so much, I kept thinking that the puck would bounce high in the corners in REAL LIFE. **** you EA :laugh:.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
That's Giroux? What?

Also, after playing NHL 14 so much, I kept thinking that the puck would bounce high in the corners in REAL LIFE. **** you EA :laugh:.

Pietrangelo looks worse than Giroux :laugh: They somehow made a 6'3 man look like he's 5'7.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
If any of you play FIFA14 on XB1 you'll agree when I say hopefully the puck will behave like the ball does in that game. Having a truly loose target is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille