** NHL 14 Thread ** (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
The one thing I hate is the little bit between big hit and the fight starting, it just seems to long... Why couldn't my guy attempt to join the play for the fight to start?

And when they finish, yeah let's skate through players...

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Hold up. Your telling me its possible to have two seperate fights going on at the same time when you have a friend playing with you on the same team?

Correct! Right before that I got into a fight, so things were already "heated". During the next face off, we both spammed the y button and BOOM! we were both fighting at the same time! It was awesome!

DennisReynolds

the implication
Dec 11, 2011
No but it's common sense. Coding in a fake, generic tweet like this is easy: "Boy that <insert name> is a real talent. He passes <insert name> for 5th on the list of passing TDs". It's just text. Or a shot of the arena is easy too. Showing the broadcasters talk is a bit trickier but it'd be worth the effort.
talk about ignorance

specialized

Jan 24, 2013
I love all the people that say I won't be buying NHL 14,guess what we really don't care,and BTW give it a few months and I guarantee you do because its the only hockey game out there.

Then there are those people that say FIFA is so Much better,guess what I hate soccer,its a sport for pansies and cry babies and I can guarantee I won't be buying it.

BomaLightDevils

Jan 15, 2011
Copenhagen
I love all the people that say I won't be buying NHL 14,guess what we really don't care,and BTW give it a few months and I guarantee you do because its the only hockey game out there.

Then there are those people that say FIFA is so Much better,guess what I hate soccer,its a sport for pansies and cry babies and I can guarantee I won't be buying it.

That is the most stupid remark i have heard in a long time. Just because you dont like soccer dosent mean that FIFA14 is bad. It´s one of the best games on the marked and that is even if you dont like the sport.

I like NHL alot but you cant compare the two games because FIFA is way ahead in terms of details, tricks, physics, everything.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I don't particularly enjoy soccer either, but FIFA is an undeniably superior product. Same goes with NBA2K series. I really don't like basketball, but I buy 2K every single year because the MyPlayer mode is nothing short of spectacular.

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario

Very ignorant comment. Soccer is a very tough and physical sport, and I doubt you've ever played it. I don't want to get OT, but the FIFA series is far ahead of NHL in terms of gameplay.

Jacob8hockey*

If anyone is in no rush to get the game like I am it should drop in price significantly after the new consoles are released, but ofcourse if you are getting a new console then there may not be any point of getting the game ethier.

ficohok*

. I don't want to get OT, but the FIFA series is far ahead of NHL in terms of gameplay.

I agree. I am hockey die - hard fan and personally don't like soccer very much, but the fact that FIFA is ahead of NHL in terms of gameplay stands, and as hockey fan (and NHL series fan) I am sad about that. Despite not being soccer fan I do play FIFA because it is good sport game. I am neither fan of shooting people all over the city with AK-47, but still playing GTA:laugh:

Leafs For Life*

Very ignorant comment. Soccer is a very tough and physical sport, and I doubt you've ever played it. I don't want to get OT, but the FIFA series is far ahead of NHL in terms of gameplay.

I played soccer for plenty of years, it is not tough or physical at all. You need PLENTY of endurance but even playing I knew there was nothing physical about it.

And he doesn't say Fifa<NHL, he says he would rather buy NHL than Fifa since he hates the game of soccer.

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
I played soccer for plenty of years, it is not tough or physical at all. You need PLENTY of endurance but even playing I knew there was nothing physical about it.

And he doesn't say Fifa<NHL, he says he would rather buy NHL than Fifa since he hates the game of soccer.

Meant to say physically-tough sport, as in tiring. But you having played soccer know that there have been some games where your team and the opposition are getting at least a bit physical. ;)

back on topic:

Would the FIFA series not have a higher budget than the NHL series? Is that a reason for its better gameplay?

FifthLine

@AHartScout
Jul 2, 2011
toronto
Meant to say physically-tough sport, as in tiring. But you having played soccer know that there have been some games where your team and the opposition are getting at least a bit physical. ;)

back on topic:

Would the FIFA series not have a higher budget than the NHL series? Is that a reason for its better gameplay?

yes, they have a MUCH higher budget and about 4 times the staff the NHL series does. Which is why their games are better.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010

back on topic:

well let's put this into simplest terms

EA are re-releasing next gen Madden,Nba,and Fifa and MMA for the new consoles but chose not to give the nhl division the luxury of doing the same. having to wait for nhl 15 to do so.

nhl sells maybe a million copies a year versus madden which sells off 5 million off or so and fifa which sells off around 10-12 million a year.

Last edited:

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
Was playing with a friend, and we had two players fights going on at the same time! Was pretty cool to see.

The NHL 14 soundtrack is awesome too.

can't stand it. everything seems to be from the same genre of music with the exception of like 2 or 3 songs, they all kind of blend together, i would have liked some throwback music to go along with the nhl 94 for the main menu, and a pump up song or two.

they're always using the same artists as well, just different songs.

Ilya Bryzastor

May 13, 2013
Philadelphia
IMO NHL always has the worst soundtracks compared to the other sports games. They have maybe 1 good song. They should get some Metallica and AC/DC.

Also I Pre-ordered NHL 14 at Gamestop , how will I get those packs for Hut? Do they give me a code or something?

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
IMO NHL always has the worst soundtracks compared to the other sports games. They have maybe 1 good song. They should get some Metallica and AC/DC.

Also I Pre-ordered NHL 14 at Gamestop , how will I get those packs for Hut? Do they give me a code or something?

I think they're supposed to give you a code. Last year they didn't give me mine and I didn't realize until after I got home :rant:

Will make sure I get it this year...
I did, however, get ****loads of free packs from the demo since I glitched it out. Doesn't work in this year's demo though

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
The game is a lot smoother. Hitting needs to be turned down as people just get rocked too easy. Fighting also needs to be turned down. I'm sure that will be easy to adjust when the actual game comes out.

HUT was pretty easy. I guess it depends on your starter pack as having the right goalie makes a difference. I went through it twice and it was definitely a lot easier with Quick as my goalie, not giving up horrible goals.

The new 1 touch dekes -if that's what you want to call them-are alright, but I don't think they add that much to the game.

I didn't know about the multiple fights. That should be fun.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
The game is a lot smoother. Hitting needs to be turned down as people just get rocked too easy. Fighting also needs to be turned down. I'm sure that will be easy to adjust when the actual game comes out.

EA confirmed that they turned up the fighting (hitting too?) for the demo and it will be toned down in the actual game.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
I do like the addition of the one-touch dekes, but I wish they didn't change the manual dekes. The little push off to the side and quick cross to the middle were great and now they're completely nerfed. Not a fan of that.

I'm also not a fan of the auto spin-a-rama when you're holding LT and you let go of the left toggle too quickly after holding the puck to your side with one hand, or cradling the puck.

It's as if EA is trying to take away skills from the game, and I don't get it. As a for instance, Patrick Kane holds the puck off to the side with one arm quite often in-game. It's completely realistic. If they made it so you'd lose the puck more often, I'd get that.. but I don't get putting in an auto spin-a-rama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad