** NHL 14 Thread ** (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
not to brag but, I won the HUT first try. it's locked on the 'pro' setting...real easy

Hey, man... some of us play on rookie :laugh: I don't usually feel the need to be challenged by a video game although after playing on pro for the demo, might move up to that.

And how are people playing as St. Louis? Just from the HUT or what?

Lucifer

May 31, 2010
Ottawa, ON.
Just finished playing like 8-9 games.

The graphics are better..Looks like Ambient Occulsion, DOF...But the skating is choppy. The skating in NHL 09 is better.

They've tried to add so much to the skating to make it seem more realistic but they have actually made in worse than previous years...

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I hate the new way to chop the puck and my player wont even attempt the new dekes half the time despite me doing them properly.

Jacob8hockey*

I hate the new way to chop the puck and my player wont even attempt the new dekes half the time despite me doing them properly.

I like the new way to chop the puck but I feel like it never actually hits the puck and I just swing my stick and the other guy gets there first because the stupid animation stops me from getting it.

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
lol I shot the puck in after the whistle with Stamkos, Chara charges me, one punches my ass lmao, Legit just skates up drops the mitties smokes me in the face and falls on me.

I did k.o him with Toews once though, so he can't be THAT crazy, but still it was hilarious

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Wasn't going to pre-order NHL until I atleast played the early release and see how I liked EASHL.

Gamestop manager gave me the giant Brodeur display in exchange for a pre-order. I couldn't say no.

Yeaoh

Jun 14, 2011
Austria
Was tempted to pre-order it. Would have only cost me 9.99, but decided to go for GTA V and Batman Arkham Origins instead. Game at this point just doesn't seem worth the ten bucks nor the time.

Mike The Franchise

Sep 22, 2008
Los Angeles
Haha yeah. I've talked to him a few times, he's a Ranger fan so we always take jabs whenever I'm in there. He asked if I had it ordered yet and said he'll give it to me if I order with him.

Pays off to just talk and be nice to the people there I guess

Yes it does. The GameStop I go to, I'm cool with everyone that works there and whenever there's a midnight launch and I'm there they always mange to give me some free stuff that comes with the promotion of the game haha.

c4rdsh4rk

Sep 17, 2007
i think i had more fun playing the 94 version but overall its not any worse than 13.. just the small differences are something that should be able to be included in updates throughout the year, not for $60 @ 1 year later...

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Yea, cause that kind of stuff never happens in NHL. :help:

FIFA is just an amazing game. In 2025 NHL might be on the same level as where FIFA is now.

You say FIFA is an amazing game but it's a dog turd next to a fox turd (PES).

It could be so much better.

getyourselfsomerest

Jul 22, 2011
Are you speaking from experience?

No but it's common sense. Coding in a fake, generic tweet like this is easy: "Boy that <insert name> is a real talent. He passes <insert name> for 5th on the list of passing TDs". It's just text. Or a shot of the arena is easy too. Showing the broadcasters talk is a bit trickier but it'd be worth the effort.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Hitting is a lot more satisfying this year.

You can feel when you're about to lay someone out, and generally you're going to run that person over. I was forechecking and I caught a defenseman bobbling a pass and just destroyed them. Last year I probably would've bounced off of him.

mc3488

Jul 2, 2013
Houston, Tx
Anyone else tired of weak shots at the blue line going in the net? Happens all the time to me and most of the times my goalie is unscreened

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Was playing with a friend, and we had two players fights going on at the same time! Was pretty cool to see.

The NHL 14 soundtrack is awesome too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad