** NHL 14 Thread ** (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

McSkittlez

Jumbo Trollton
Jul 19, 2010
San Jose
I played my first drop-in game and at the end of the game there was like 4 fights at the same time. I have to admit that was pretty awesome. Line Brawls ftw!

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
The fights are annoying as ****. Any time you make a big hit someone can just come over and start punching you. I don't play the game to fight and sit for 5+ minutes...Other than that I enjoy the game at least.

cleaner claude

Oct 4, 2012
I'm 37 years old, working til 11pm, and I haven't thought of anything but getting home and playing this game for 4+ hours tonight. Think I may have a problem

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
It amazes me how EA gets so many of the player positions wrong.

Claude Giroux was the COVER ATHLETE last year and he's listed as a RW. :laugh:

Green Blob*

Wow...

NHL 14 >>>>>>>> NHL 13

I hated NHL 13, this is a ton better

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Can someone explain to me how the hell you are supposed to redeem the bauer player pack (from gamestop codes) when it has 25 letters and the code entry only allows 20 letters?

EDIT - Nvm used my brain. Dashboard code. Doh'

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Ugh, custom music is half-broken. I made a 60-ish song playlist to use for play stoppages, but it doesn't play. Ever. The game will play songs for every category (menu music, penalties, goals, etc.) except for the "Off Play" category :banghead:

vayeate

OZ-13MSX1
Jun 30, 2011
Dynasty Mode in NHL14?

To this day, NHL2004 is still my favorite NHL game, and one of the primary reasons is because of Dynasty mode. The most recent NHL game I've purchased was NHL11, but was disappointed there was no Dynasty mode option, so I returned back to NHL2004.

For those of you who have played NHL14, my question to you is, does the new game include Dynasty Mode or something comparable to it?

What I'm looking for when I say Dynasty Mode is:
- Full season schedule, including playoffs, as one team.
- Have an off-season, ability to sign, trade, draft, make call ups.
- Continuous seasons and developing players.

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
Dont have the game yet but can someone tell me when playing eashl if you make a big hit, the other teams players can just go and fight you even if you dont want to?

Sureshot

Thumbs up, soldier!
Apr 7, 2009
Btw, not sure if this was posted, but:

Jersey Code Info

We will post the code here when it is revealed.

The code can't be posted until all the teams have unveiled their jerseys. As of right now we are waiting on the Calgary Flames to reveal their alternate jersey.

For the teams that have already revealed the jersey but are locked, they were not revealed in time for EA to put them in the game and they are bound by contract to lock them until the code is released.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Anyone know how to edit "shot aim" and set it to manual? It's set to Auto right now, and I can't find it. It's supposedly under "Rules", but it's not.

neutral*

This game is a joke and a waste of 60 $..... What a disappointment to say the least.

ki11joy

Aug 28, 2007
Waiting for the inevitable Black Friday or Christmas sale. EA removed all their online pass stuff, so I could even buy it used and still be able to play online anyway. The changes look so incremental compared to 13 that I just cannot justify paying full price for 14.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Considering 13 brought the whole new Skating engine, no it doesn't have more improvements. It feels like a refined 13 with better--but still unrealistic looking--hitting. The new defensive strafing is nice, but it doesn't change the overall feel of this game playing identically to 13.

every year its the same. fighting seems fun right? but can it be annoying.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
So on the plus side, simming on PS3 is fluid, fast, and usable again.

On the down side, simming has reverted back to the NHL 10/11 simming in which it didn't make any sense. I went on multiple 15+ game losing streaks. Multiple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia