** NHL 14 Thread ** (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
For those who have the game on XBOX 360 here is a question I have. Why is it that when a player from another team who comes in and starts to instigate a fight is not given an extra penalty for doing that? Since that was added on shouldn't they also added in the 2:00 for instigating?

lilphill23

Apr 29, 2012
North Attleboro, MA
For those who have the game on XBOX 360 here is a question I have. Why is it that when a player from another team who comes in and starts to instigate a fight is not given an extra penalty for doing that? Since that was added on shouldn't they also added in the 2:00 for instigating?

I believe there was an interview with Rammer and he said that it would have been to hard for the system to judge what was an instigator and what wasn't.

Roomtemperature

Apr 8, 2008
New Jersey
Is anyone annoyed at the offsides. I get offsides happens in hockey but this is ridiculous. I've had a few oddman or breakaways nullified because of a stupid offsides. If I'm moving north to south with out a move at the blue line stay onside. Its like they programed the AI to stop 3 feet after the blueline instead of at it

Last edited:

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I believe there was an interview with Rammer and he said that it would have been to hard for the system to judge what was an instigator and what wasn't.
Thanks for that reply and I can see how that makes sense. However two example of what I experienced in the game is this.

1) I was about to fight a player from another team and then someone else jumps in to protect him.

2) I did a legal hit and all of the sudden a fight starts because that player thought it was a dirty hit.

lilphill23

Apr 29, 2012
North Attleboro, MA
Thanks for that reply and I can see how that makes sense. However two example of what I experienced in the game is this.

1) I was about to fight a player from another team and then someone else jumps in to protect him.

2) I did a legal hit and all of the sudden a fight starts because that player thought it was a dirty hit.

I totally agree those two scenarios should be no issue. But as stated earlier in the thread i think that it is funny that thorne and clement comment on the fact that the other guy instigated the fight.:banghead:

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011

Just laziness on their part. The system knows damn well who is jumping who. I don't buy his excuse.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
So in Live The Life I've played about 13 games as a sniper for the Kitchener Ranger in the OHL. I never played BAP in junior before as I skipped NHL 12 and NHL 13. So far I like it.

What I'd like to know is why can't I read the injured lists for every team to see who'se injured though?? I go to League News and try and toggle through teams via the injury report but the toggle buttons are greyed out and don't cycle through the teams when I press them.

Why is that??? I know in BAP mode in NHL 11 (the last NHL game I bought) I could toggle through the teams and see who was injured???

Isles Enforcer

Sep 22, 2005
New York
www.islesenforcers.com
My #1 Peeve is that youre teammates think its a good idea to go for a line change while the puck is in the defensive zone, so you get on the ice for 2 seconds and the opponent scores, thus lowering your grades in BAP. Soooooo annoying!

beertelescope

Jan 24, 2013
Colorado
I'm still not a fan of this jersey unlock code business. The game launches and I still can't use some teams' primary home or away jerseys because it might ruin some other team's chance to unveil through Instagram teasers instead of through the game.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Where the hell do you turn shot selection to manual? I can't find it for the life of me..

Edit *In HUT offline tournaments*

Last edited:

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
EASHL is.....i find terrible.

Gameplay wise its great. AI wise? **** no.

Lost two games last night, where goalie lets in the weakest goals. Nothing like outshooting the other team 25-10, for them to win 3-1.

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
My god, EASHL is awful. It's been a period and a half and there have already been 10 fights. Half the time you can't even control it. The games are so ****ing slow now. I wish there was a way to prefer games with no fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad