NHL 13 Wishlists Thread

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I don't think it would be too difficult for them to add in first names for created players either. When I score it is "Scored by number 13, assisted by..." When you create your guy you can select the play by play name for your last name, which is great if you have the same name as someone else in the game, because the commentators will say my name during the game. But why can they not include first names too? It wouldn't be that difficult surely, then the announcer could actually say my full name when I score or get a penalty.

Agree 100%. I hate hearing "number 74" every time something happens to me. I don't even have the luxury of having my last name in the game, so I have to use another anyways. Having first names would be great. If the announcers can say the first names of other players in the game, we should really be able to use those for our created players.

The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada
Agree 100%. I hate hearing "number 74" every time something happens to me. I don't even have the luxury of having my last name in the game, so I have to use another anyways. Having first names would be great. If the announcers can say the first names of other players in the game, we should really be able to use those for our created players.

the same can be said about Gretzky and Lemieux, the commentators says to "99" or "66", it's annoying

WaltWhitman

Oct 18, 2010
Better presentation, fresh menus, but focus on making it feel like you are playing hockey. Crazy cncept, right?

Sorry to people that like the management modes, but I wish they would focus on the gameplay first. Bring in some nerdy hockey fans to work on it, and take cues from other games, like others have suggested.

I agree that this game could be so amazing, but as it is, it's just barely adequate.

And I can't believe I only saw one other mention of the god-awful music for this game. I just mute my tv when I play NHL 12, its that bad. And the announcers and sound fx aren't even good enough to justify unmuting it during gameplay.

Oh, and College hockey, please.

Last edited:

oilers2k10

Yak Don't Back Down
Mar 18, 2010
It would damn cool if u could have a choice to play in the canada-russia super series, wjc, world cup, mem.cup(have a simulation of all junior teams, being able to track their progress throughout the season), during a season in be a gm..kinda how you can play a top prospects game now..
Those extra games/tournaments would give us alot more familiarity with junior players about to enter the draft, and outside nhl talent in europe..
Overall the game needs a more international flavour, incorporating it into be a gm would be amazing.
Also, most players should gain 10-20 lbs between ages 18 and 22

The music is awful, thankfully on xbox I can play my own, but it wont allow fot my own music between whistles..

Player growth needs to ne revamped, just cuz a players offensive potential is C(usually around 75) doesnt mean that one day it couldnt become a B(around 83)..but the lickely hood should be greater for the player whose potential is higher..
It should be somewhat random, the ratings system with the letters shouldnt be 100 percent accurate because no scout is 100 percent accurate..
If u manage to get a 75 overall player 80 points, he should temporary get a ratings boost, at the end of the season his ratings boost would work out to be the average of his temporary boost to his original (start of season), so around 77.
Eventually some players would have a ceiling..
I'm thinking player growth similar to that of employees in those kairosoft games..

Last edited:

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Players shouldn't be able to skate as fast backwards as a 90+ speed player gaining the zone.

Players can't glove down a slap shot clearing effort without breaking bones.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Players shouldn't be able to skate as fast backwards as a 90+ speed player gaining the zone.

Players can't glove down a slap shot clearing effort without breaking bones.

With how the game is so tilted towards forwards, I think these need to stay in the game..

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Also some option to kick players who are being dicks for no reason.. like the *******s who pick goalie just to piss people off..

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
just three simple things. make beagm as in depth and realistic as fifa, mlb the show, or even madden. make beapro a little more in depth and involved. finally fix the problem where anyone who isn't either glitching or spending 30 bucks on boost slots is slaughtered in eashl. this would mostly be done by fixing the ai so that it isn't awful and thus eliminates a lot of the annoying things that makes eashl frustrating for more casual players. i would also scrap the boost slot system and change the leveling system so that it's easier to get exp. i would have it be something like you gain a level at 5-10-20-30-40-60-80-100 games played and nothing else. players shouldn't be punished just because they get stuck playing more experienced players that beat them constantly and they can't keep their grades up.

but i know that none of that will happen. instead they'll trot out some really minor things, make a huge deal about it and add some horrid commentary to constantly draw attention to it, talk about direction finders, and call it a day.

UgotOSHIED

Apr 19, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Most people have covered my major gripes, but there is one that drives me nuts. That would be the lack of the 3rd man in penalty. Every other fight I try to start, my player and his chosen victim will stand there shaking gloves at each other until the enforcer from the opposing team skates over, cross checks me in the hip, then we drop the gloves. HELLO, 3rd man in!

Also, endurance. It seems my top line forwards play 40 minutes a game, and I have fatigue set to very low.

Third, automatically start my backup goalie every 7 games or so. My start is Corey Schneider (OVR 88) and he starts all 82 games unless I choose otherwise. I try to get my backup in at least 20 games a season, and start him twice if he puts up a goose egg.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I only play be a gm mode.

-Faster simulation (an absolute must)

-Better scouting and developing

-Realistic trades

-Front loaded contracts

-8 years shouldn't be the longest contract

-Being able to negotiate trades, free agency and when your extending your contract with the team

-Playoff atmosphere (beards, crowds, and actual celebration after winning)

-Trade demands

Basically the be a gm needs to be completely remade.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
After watching that Q&A video from the other thread, it seems like they've fixed a bunch of the things I hated about NHL 12.
Catching guys flat footed was so difficult even though it's a huge factor in real life.
Nice to see that your teammates hopefully won't be dumb as **** anymore either (whether it's goalies letting in trash goals constantly or skaters having no idea how to play on either side of the puck).

I still want three simple things fixed though:
Freezing - I get that there will be the occasional freeze, but my game freezes way too often during gameplay. I have a new PS3 and an unscratched disc (I've probably removed it all of two times, it's the only game I play), so it shouldn't happen that often. Also, fix the ridiculous bug that causes the game to freeze while loading saves if you're connected to PlayStation Network. Should be an incredibly simple thing to do.

Jerseys - I mean, come on. Other things in the game are so advanced but you can't even nail jerseys. They are not made out of some elastic material that allows for everything to distort with the slightest of movement. Logos and nameplates do not stretch. Also, it shouldn't be that hard to get all of the textures correct. Shoulder logos should not be clearly pixelated. Colors should also be correct (there are still a number of teams with discolored jerseys).

Pictures - Update the player pictures. Why is Patrice Bergeron's from like before the lockout? Why are there so many second year pros that still have a grey silhouette as their picture? Why can't you push player pictures to the game as they become available? You push updated board ads all the time, so you should be able to do the same for elements that actually matter.

TheFlyingV

Anatidaephobia
Apr 5, 2009
Yorba Linda, CA
Jerseys - I mean, come on. Other things in the game are so advanced but you can't even nail jerseys. They are not made out of some elastic material that allows for everything to distort with the slightest of movement. Logos and nameplates do not stretch. Also, it shouldn't be that hard to get all of the textures correct. Shoulder logos should not be clearly pixelated. Colors should also be correct (there are still a number of teams with discolored jerseys).

I've compiled a list, I assume that there are more errors.
http://i46.tinypic.com/287q22t.jpg

I'm planning on tweeting that at EA and some of the guys involved regularly over the summer, if you guys would like to do it as well it would be awesome.

Falcon63

May 29, 2012
Can someone link me to the Q and A? I just got NHL 12, and I'm looking forward to NHL 13 and want to know what they changed/didn't change.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
I only play be a gm mode.

-Faster simulation (an absolute must)

-Better scouting and developing

-Realistic trades

-Front loaded contracts

-8 years shouldn't be the longest contract

-Being able to negotiate trades, free agency and when your extending your contract with the team

-Playoff atmosphere (beards, crowds, and actual celebration after winning)

-Trade demands

Basically the be a gm needs to be completely remade.

Actually agree with everyone of those. Not to mention each draft year consists of more good defense men then forwards so by the time you get 5 or 6 years in the futures you end up with all these terrible forwards and a league full of Drew Doughtys...

Falcon63

May 29, 2012
Actually agree with everyone of those. Not to mention each draft year consists of more good defense men then forwards so by the time you get 5 or 6 years in the futures you end up with all these terrible forwards and a league full of Drew Doughtys...

Exactly this!

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto

Haha yeah and also great but still not elite players need to stop asking for 8 million a season at 28ish, decline at 34, not produce at all after 31 and retire at 37. I hate gm mode after about year 7. All the plays we know are gone and no one replaces them, i havent drafted a good first line center or seen a team draft one besides tht lofthouse guy who in reality has 3 points in the whl

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Just got a PS3 (yes, I'm a dinosaur). Am playing NHL 11 and am planning to get NHL 13 when it comes out.

What I want:

Goalies that actually get hurt.

The KHL.

More countries (at least 9 or so) in the international section.

A better balance between the skills of NHL players and the skills of the "lesser" leagues. Too often you can take a guy in the DEL and make him a star in the NHL too easily.

GM mode more like the FIFA mode.

I don't play online so I have no ideas there.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
They need to really redo the GM And coach aspect of it.

Make the scouting a lot better and the top picks close to NHL ready

Contract details

Teams not losing so many guys via FA

Make sure the Prospects only need a year or two before coming to the NHL

Scouting other teams

HIRING/FIRING COACHES

Faster simulation for regular season

More realistic trades

Team needs

JUST overall cleaning and bettering of the GM MODE

Better Custom teams mode with less gliches

BE A PRO

clean this up a bit, better simming so that your player doesn't always get demoted when you dont play a few games in a row.

Faster development

Advertising

Trade Requests

More active in behind the scenes stuff of being an athlete

ALSO

better soundtrack
real goal horns for all the teams and songs

DanNYI2191

Aug 4, 2011
Suffolk County
How about the right blue in the Isles center ice logo? (should be royal)

0.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2