NHL 13 Wishlists Thread

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL
Also, I want to be able to give my guys NTCs or least give the option to not accept trade offers for certain players. I'm sick of getting to the draft or trade deadline and seeing proposals for Toews and Keith.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Also, I want to be able to give my guys NTCs or least give the option to not accept trade offers for certain players. I'm sick of getting to the draft or trade deadline and seeing proposals for Toews and Keith.

Agree 100%. Earlier today I was playing BaGM with NJ, and we beat Detroit in the SCF. At draft day, they wanted Ilya Kovalchuk, who won the Conn Smythe for us. :facepalm:

I think offering contract extensions to players might be a good feature too.

firemal

Jun 8, 2010
1. get rid of HUT, absolutely awful game mode and i hate trying to get trophies in it because eof how Pejorative Slured it is

2. NCAA prospects

3. fix the damn wrap around glitch by making players way more aggressive when defending against someone that is coming to the front of the net

4. sliders for each type of penalty to adjust how often they are called

5. online after play toleration is realistic

6. make attributes have more of an effect, especially speed and acceleration

7. add a speed burst button

8. add a dirty hit/cheep shot button

9. suspensions

10. this goes way back but streak indicators, in nhl 2001 i remember players getting things like targets, flames, ice cubes and some other icons next to their names implying they were either hot, cold or on a golscoring streak and it significantly changed they're stats, this would be awesome to see them do in weekly roster updates and in my own be a gm or be a pro

11. momentum meter, also nhl 2001 i think

and i think they should make a new nhl 3 on 3 arcade which comes with preorders of nhl 13
This is already done as the Hustle feature. If you use a PS3 you click the left stick a few times for it to activate. I'm not sure how it works for Xbox, though.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Id like for them to add a few seconds BEFORE each "highlight" post game.

Cause sometimes, like a few seconds ago, I had a NASTY goal where I stole the puck several times from the same dude (he kept getting it back after my stick lift) and then went in on a breakaway

But when I went to view it in the highlight thing after the game to save it, it didnt have the stick lifting part, just the breakaway

croAVSfan*

IIHF license. That means IHWC, WJC U20...and add that in BE a GM and BE a PRO mode.

sdawg1010*

I really hate the goal celebration cut scene. The custom celebrations they have are cool, but the cut scene afterwards should have the scorer hugging linemates, rather than showing the goalie taking a drink of water. Small thing, but it bugs me.

Id prefer, if i could snipe, skate around the net pick up the goalies water and start taking a drink. lol

SittingDuck

Dec 11, 2011
Hyvinkää
They should probably bump up the overalls of the top prospects in the draft. Especially the further you get into GM Mode, the projected first overall pick is always like 66 overall when drafted. Sure, he usually has great potential, but it always takes 4 to 5 years for him to be ready, (if he isn't a bust) which doesn't seem realistic to me. Over the last few years, many top 5 picks have played in the NHL right out of the gate. In this game, unless you edit rookies for the first couple years, no draft picks make NHL rosters for a long time.

Proof:
2011: 3/5 (Nugent-Hopkins, Landeskog, Larsson)
2010: 2/5 (Hall, Seguin, and Skinner was 7th overall)
2009: 3/5 (Hedman, Duchene, Kane)
2008: 4/5 (Stamkos, Doughty, Bogosian, Schenn)

This.

This game hasn't heard of the term "nhl ready prospects" theres no such thing.

Its ridiculous when you have to develop Nail yakupov like 4 years before even considering putting him on the line up

Epic Neal Time

May 8, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
This.

This game hasn't heard of the term "nhl ready prospects" theres no such thing.

Its ridiculous when you have to develop Nail yakupov like 4 years before even considering putting him on the line up

Yeah. To me, it's the most frustrating aspect. It's a lack of effort on EA's part not adjusting the prospects. Kinda ruins the game when the players who will be future NHLers get skipped over.

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
1. Improved BAGM trading
2. Contract extensions on BAGM
3.Make durability more apparent in EASHL (longer injury time EX- # games)
4. 1 Franchise pick per draft
5. Make the cover without teeth

All for now

croAVSfan*

Don Cherry would certainly be interesting. :laugh: I think they should bring back Jim Hughson and Craig Simpson.

True ! I don't know why they sign Throne and Clement at first place. AFAIK they don't cover hockey since pre-lock out season, right ?

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
True ! I don't know why they sign Throne and Clement at first place. AFAIK they don't cover hockey since pre-lock out season, right ?

Gary Thorne doesn't do hockey anymore and I don't think Bill Clement is right now either.

I would prefer even Bob Cole over these guys, and I absolutely despise Bob Cole. :laugh:

mjd

Mar 19, 2010
Brockville
IIHF license. That means IHWC, WJC U20...and add that in BE a GM and BE a PRO mode.

That would be awesome if they could, if they re did all prospect overalls and adding your suggestion I wouldnt think twice about buying the game.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Gary Thorne doesn't do hockey anymore and I don't think Bill Clement is right now either.

I would prefer even Bob Cole over these guys, and I absolutely despise Bob Cole. :laugh:

I love the announcers they have right now, I'll admit that.

However, after however many years we've had them, it would be really nice to hear some new people, just so we're not getting the same lines we've been hearing since like 07. I started listening to music while I play back in like 09, and it would be nice to have announcers that I can listen to again.

andrewgumguy

Jul 25, 2007
I love the announcers they have right now, I'll admit that.

However, after however many years we've had them, it would be really nice to hear some new people, just so we're not getting the same lines we've been hearing since like 07. I started listening to music while I play back in like 09, and it would be nice to have announcers that I can listen to again.

It'd never happen, but I'd be a pretty happy camper with Rick Jeanerette... too regional though.

I also agree that a World Jr/IIHF presence would do so much for this franchise (that, and I avoid International play like the plague because of those dreadful national jersey mock-ups. I'm very shallow.)

That and being diligent with play by play- I don't like hearing that a hooking minor in a game between the Prince George Cougars and the Victoria Royals is being feverishly discussed on the NHL Network panel.

donkshow

Aug 19, 2007
Is there any news about when we may get our 1st piece of info on this game? Other than the "OMG VOTE FOR THE COVERBOY" crap?

The one wish I've had, is revamping CAT. It's absolutely CRAP. At the very least, give us the option to use any jersey template, font, logo or team colours that are already in the game. That gives you hundreds of more possibilities, along with whatever ****** logos they put in.

Also, why have a logo that is a Bull and not have a call-name "Bulls", and there are many other examples of that.

Makes no sense.

Revamp CAP too, need way more hair, facial hair options, along with many other options for visors (really, still just the same 2 for 5+ years), etc etc etc.

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL
Is there any news about when we may get our 1st piece of info on this game? Other than the "OMG VOTE FOR THE COVERBOY" crap?

The one wish I've had, is revamping CAT. It's absolutely CRAP. At the very least, give us the option to use any jersey template, font, logo or team colours that are already in the game. That gives you hundreds of more possibilities, along with whatever ****** logos they put in.

Also, why have a logo that is a Bull and not have a call-name "Bulls", and there are many other examples of that.

Makes no sense.

Revamp CAP too, need way more hair, facial hair options, along with many other options for visors (really, still just the same 2 for 5+ years), etc etc etc.

I don't like the fact that I can't make the 97 Red Wings or the 2001 Avalanche, either. If you're not going to include historical teams a la NBA 2k11, at least give me the option to do it myself. This series is lacking in so many areas, it's ridiculous. It was ahead of it's time in 08/09 but now it's years behind.

FlyersCup08

Jun 24, 2008
Los Angeles

Gary Thorne still does the Frozen Four each year and Bill Clement does Flyers games from time-to-time.

Thrice

To Be Everywhere...
Sep 27, 2007
Can we FINALLY get head coaches in the game. Please figure out a way to institute coaching styles. Every game against the CPU feels exactly the same. Please!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad