NHL 13 Wishlists Thread

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
This is something I thought of recently. Make players unique. Give Jagr (and Rupp :P) the salute etc.
Give them personality, don't make them generic.

Speaking of generic, PLEASE make at least one player on the Rangers make slightly like the real one. WHy does goldylocks have short black hair... :shakehead

i

Jagr does the salute. I scored with him in OT. He did the salute with his right arm.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Also, one thing I reaaly wish they would do is for every new person that gets created and drafted, include pictures like the ones your created pro does when you do be a pro. It sucks when you get far into GM mode and every single player has the same black silhouette.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Also, one thing I reaaly wish they would do is for every new person that gets created and drafted, include pictures like the ones your created pro does when you do be a pro. It sucks when you get far into GM mode and every single player has the same black silhouette.

I know the MLB 2k games have done that, I don't know why they haven't been able to. I suppose they don't wanna have to make more than 6 pre-sets for faces.

Hurricane Hugo

Jun 11, 2010
South Carolina
This thread depresses me because 99.9% of these suggestions aren't going to get into the game. I'll bet you anything NHL 13 will be NHL 12 with some flashy new feature or mode that no one really cares about.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
If they add anything it must be request a trade in be a pro.
There is something wrong when you're 1st overall in points/goals/assists by a wide margin (100+) and you get put on the 2nd line.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
I want EA to fully test their game before they release it to the public.

Maybe get someone else to do the rating system as well.

FlapjackSilver

Dec 15, 2010
Calgary
This thread depresses me because 99.9% of these suggestions aren't going to get into the game. I'll bet you anything NHL 13 will be NHL 12 with some flashy new feature or mode that no one really cares about.

Don't they start fresh every couple years or so?

Think NHL08 --> 09 (don't call me on that)

But there was a time a couple years ago where the games completely changed, and I believe they create a new engine every 3-4 years. That's what I'm holding out for in 13.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Salaries are a huge part that needs to get adjusted. Role players have such odd demands, there is no way in hell am I paying any fighter more than 1 million.

Why do I have to pay more if I add more years? Players take pay cuts for more years.

Doesn't that normally occur if the player hasn't reached their prime, yet?

If they think they may make better money in future years they aren't going to take a paycut.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB

But there was a time a couple years ago where the games completely changed, and I believe they create a new engine every 3-4 years. That's what I'm holding out for in 13.

There hasn't really been any giant change since 07 iirc, although 07-08 had some solid changes, that's probably been the biggest. Since then it's just been minor tweaks really. So yeah, I'm also hoping a complete revamp this year.

Some new menus at the very least. How long has it been since we've had some new menus?

w2427

Nov 2, 2010
Not sure if it has been mentioned but I would like the option of having 13 forwards or 7 defenceman dressed. I know you technically can but I want the slot for 7 D or 13 F so I don't have a forward playing D or vice versa.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I've got no problem with the actual game engine - it plays smooth enough.

What I would like to see altered though, is the damn figure skating that the CPU does - just dodges hits and pulls off awesome 360s like it's nothing.

In real hockey, if you are lined up for a hit, the only way the defensive player avoids that hit is by repositioning his body - his momentum still carries himself in the same direction. In this game, there's no concept of momentum

Dfnswnschmpnshps

Dec 2, 2009
Be A GM

1) Hot / Cold Steaks - Players should receive rating boosts / decreases
based on recent games

2) Chemistry - I'm pretty sure it used to be in the older games. I'm
constantly juggling lines and combos. Having an indicator of line chemistry
would be great.

3) Trading draft picks - There should be some sort of indicator of a draft
picks worth. When I'm trying to move up in the draft and have another
team's draft pick, unless I write it down before hand, theres no way to
tell the value of the pick. Plus, the CPUs picks are always worth more than
yours.

4) Player Types - I believe this was in last years game. You should be able
to "coach up" a player and tell them to shoot more (sniper) or shoot less
(playmaker) for example.

5) Fatigue - My starting goalie should not play 82 games. There should be
something built into the simulation to autosub your backup goalie.

6) Prospects - In over 30+ years of playing BeAGM, I've only had 3-4
franchise players. There should be more consistency or predictability in
the draft. Very rarely are there impact players out of the draft.

7) Talent - Anyone else notice trends in talent? There will never be as
much talent down the road as when you first begin your BeAGM. After about
10 years, go into the contracts screen and sort by overall. Good luck
finding very many (if any at all) young star players. Every good player is
25+ or has a potential of C or worse.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

NHL 13 will be year 3 of 3 in their new physics engine development plan, so I doubt anything major will be changed. There won't be a major engine overhaul until at least 2014.

Universe

Eh?
Jul 31, 2008
I wish they'd add the option on the retirement page to offer one last contract. I don't know if it was in an NHL or NBA game that had that but kinda neat especially when random players on your team retire.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
1) Hot / Cold Steaks - Players should receive rating boosts / decreases
based on recent games

2) Chemistry - I'm pretty sure it used to be in the older games. I'm
constantly juggling lines and combos. Having an indicator of line chemistry
would be great.

3) Trading draft picks - There should be some sort of indicator of a draft
picks worth. When I'm trying to move up in the draft and have another
team's draft pick, unless I write it down before hand, theres no way to
tell the value of the pick. Plus, the CPUs picks are always worth more than
yours.

4) Player Types - I believe this was in last years game. You should be able
to "coach up" a player and tell them to shoot more (sniper) or shoot less
(playmaker) for example.

5) Fatigue - My starting goalie should not play 82 games. There should be
something built into the simulation to autosub your backup goalie.

6) Prospects - In over 30+ years of playing BeAGM, I've only had 3-4
franchise players. There should be more consistency or predictability in
the draft. Very rarely are there impact players out of the draft.

7) Talent - Anyone else notice trends in talent? There will never be as
much talent down the road as when you first begin your BeAGM. After about
10 years, go into the contracts screen and sort by overall. Good luck
finding very many (if any at all) young star players. Every good player is
25+ or has a potential of C or worse.

Pretty much this. Although I'm confused with your fatigue one. When I sim, my starting goalie definitely plays only 40-60 games, depending on how good the backup is. Not sure how yours is automatically getting all 82.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
NHL 13 needs better matchmaking for EASHL club games, at least for the Amatuer Division. I just started a club for fun with my friend, but it's no fun getting your ass handed to you by some guy with 3000+ points in 700 games in only your second game. Shouldn't new players be matched up with other new players?

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
The ability to wait on contract offers and negotiate BAP. No more having to decide between a few teams right away. I want to be able to go check out a team's roster before I decide on who to sign with. I don't want to choose the best team only to find out that they didn't sign any free agents so their best defenseman is 81 OVR.

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL
I wish they'd put a bigger emphasis on player types and chemistry. If you have a team full of light, speedy sniper type forwards you should expect to get annihilated by a physical team.

kovatroll*

Probably something else that's been brought up before, but quit having people no longer under contract with my team appearing on my roster.

startainfection*

1. get rid of HUT, absolutely awful game mode and i hate trying to get trophies in it because eof how Pejorative Slured it is

2. NCAA prospects

3. fix the damn wrap around glitch by making players way more aggressive when defending against someone that is coming to the front of the net

4. sliders for each type of penalty to adjust how often they are called

5. online after play toleration is realistic

6. make attributes have more of an effect, especially speed and acceleration

7. add a speed burst button

8. add a dirty hit/cheep shot button

9. suspensions

10. this goes way back but streak indicators, in nhl 2001 i remember players getting things like targets, flames, ice cubes and some other icons next to their names implying they were either hot, cold or on a golscoring streak and it significantly changed they're stats, this would be awesome to see them do in weekly roster updates and in my own be a gm or be a pro

11. momentum meter, also nhl 2001 i think

and i think they should make a new nhl 3 on 3 arcade which comes with preorders of nhl 13

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Line Chemistry would be nice, also fix the potential of players coming out of the draft. I hate drafting a player with a potential of C-C-B, etc.

Also make the prospects more believable, its embarrsing drafting Kurt Clarke out of North Korea! :laugh:

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Line Chemistry would be nice, also fix the potential of players coming out of the draft. I hate drafting a player with a potential of C-C-B, etc.

Also make the prospects more believable, its embarrsing drafting Kurt Clarke out of North Korea! :laugh:

They should probably bump up the overalls of the top prospects in the draft. Especially the further you get into GM Mode, the projected first overall pick is always like 66 overall when drafted. Sure, he usually has great potential, but it always takes 4 to 5 years for him to be ready, (if he isn't a bust) which doesn't seem realistic to me. Over the last few years, many top 5 picks have played in the NHL right out of the gate. In this game, unless you edit rookies for the first couple years, no draft picks make NHL rosters for a long time.

Proof:
2011: 3/5 (Nugent-Hopkins, Landeskog, Larsson)
2010: 2/5 (Hall, Seguin, and Skinner was 7th overall)
2009: 3/5 (Hedman, Duchene, Kane)
2008: 4/5 (Stamkos, Doughty, Bogosian, Schenn)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad