NHL 12 Dynasty Thread Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I figured that they were off. I hope you beat the records. Maintaining your roster must be pretty easy. :sarcasm:

You would think so eh?
It is, most of the time, but when I draft a really good prsopect, Its a hard choice between an active roster player, and "the rookie"....its happened before, and it sucks having to trade away great young players cuz your a contending team with no room for prospects...:shakehead

Mhoogasian94123

You would think so eh?
It is, most of the time, but when I draft a really good prsopect, Its a hard choice between an active roster player, and "the rookie"....its happened before, and it sucks having to trade away great young players cuz your a contending team with no room for prospects...:shakehead

Or when you have to re-sign one of your good young prospects/players they want too much. (E.G. I made a custom team with the best players are traded them off for picks. I got a slew of high (top 10) picks. Of course they did well and all wanted $5+ mill each. I had to keep them because they allowed me to get some cups. I just wish EA would allow you to re-sign a player during the year (kinda like tendering a offer during the offseason) The only advantage I had was I could trade players at the deadline if I knew I couldn't sign them after the season. Oh well. One more month until NHL 13!!! :yo::yo::yo:

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Or when you have to re-sign one of your good young prospects/players they want too much. (E.G. I made a custom team with the best players are traded them off for picks. I got a slew of high (top 10) picks. Of course they did well and all wanted $5+ mill each. I had to keep them because they allowed me to get some cups. I just wish EA would allow you to re-sign a player during the year (kinda like tendering a offer during the offseason) The only advantage I had was I could trade players at the deadline if I knew I couldn't sign them after the season. Oh well. One more month until NHL 13!!! :yo::yo::yo:

I can NEVER trade a player at the deadline with only one yr left on contract!! the CPU is alwys like: `x player`s contract is up at seasons end and we feel its an unnecessary risk blah blah" crap. so I have to keep them and let them walk!!!
yeah that can be a problem! EA "said" they fixed that problem, and they did, slightly..The not-so-highly-rated(83 and down I'd say) young players dont ask for a TON like they used to, but the slightly higher ones demand a fair bit. and one thing i've found is, if a good young player's contract is up RIGHT after winning the cup, they ask for a lot more then normal!!

I KNOW!!!! I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!:yo::yo::yo::yo:
ITS GOING TO BE WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY BETTER THAN 12!!!!:handclap:

Mhoogasian94123

I can NEVER trade a player at the deadline with only one yr left on contract!! the CPU is alwys like: `x player`s contract is up at seasons end and we feel its an unnecessary risk blah blah" crap. so I have to keep them and let them walk!!!
yeah that can be a problem! EA "said" they fixed that problem, and they did, slightly..The not-so-highly-rated(83 and down I'd say) young players dont ask for a TON like they used to, but the slightly higher ones demand a fair bit. and one thing i've found is, if a good young player's contract is up RIGHT after winning the cup, they ask for a lot more then normal!!

I KNOW!!!! I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!:yo::yo::yo::yo:
ITS GOING TO BE WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY BETTER THAN 12!!!!:handclap:

That part REALLY pisses me off. I understand if Stamkos did that but I got that from Yakupov after playing his final year of his ELC on my team. I think the re-signing shouldn't be so damn demanding.

As for the final year deadline, I've been able to trade without any problem. Maybe it's because I just ask for picks.

I might have to try your one center idea to save some cap. ;)

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
That part REALLY pisses me off. I understand if Stamkos did that but I got that from Yakupov after playing his final year of his ELC on my team. I think the re-signing shouldn't be so damn demanding.

As for the final year deadline, I've been able to trade without any problem. Maybe it's because I just ask for picks.

That trick is really helpful. If you just sim, then you can spend 60% of your cap on 6 players

Mhoogasian94123

That trick is really helpful. If you just sim, then you can spend 60% of your cap on 6 players

Would it be realistic to have two lines that you double up on? (1 line that plays the 1st & 3rd line and 1 line that plays the 2nd and 4th) I know it's not 100% realistic but it's a video game.

TheScourge

Go Moose Go!
Jan 27, 2012
Dartmouth,NS
Habs Finish 48-26-8 (2nd east)​

This season the Montreal Canadiens finished with a 48-26-8 record. (2nd east, 3rd NHL)

The habs will face The team that eliminated them in OT last year, The Tampa Bay lightning.

" It's good to have a rematch with them in the playoffs. maybe we can get revenge for last year."Said brian gionta.

Habs MVP: Brian Gionta 71p (31g 40a)

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
:bolts
"Provin' 'Em Wrong"
Tampa Bay Defeats Pittsburgh in Seven Games

620x434.jpg

Teddy Purcell tries to get past Deryk Engelland and Brooks Orpik in game two in Tampa Bay.

Despite being up against the heavily-favored Pittsburgh Penguins, the Tampa Bay Lightning proved everyone wrong by coming out on top in seven games. It was close all the way up until the end of game seven, where James Neal scored with 19 seconds remaining, but the Bolts held on. This series went back-and-forth all the way. Neither team won two games in a row.

The Lightning have surprised everyone in the playoffs so far, but they'll have to keep it going in the next series against the Buffalo Sabres. Buffalo defeated the Lightning in round one last season, so it's time for revenge.

Game 1: 4-3 Win

Game 2: 4-2 Loss

Game 3: 3-2 Win

Game 4: 5-3 Loss

Game 5: 1-0 Win

Game 6: 2-1 OT Loss

Game 7: 3-2 Win

Coming up next:

:bolts VS. :sabres

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Sorry this is so short, didn't have much to say

"Shattered Hopes"

Buffalo Eliminates Tampa Bay in Five Games

6878026153_f08a202eed.jpg

Buffalo celebrates a late third period goal against the Lightning in game four.

Game 1: 3-1 Loss
Game 2: 3-2 2OT Loss

Game 3: 3-2 Win

Game 4: 3-1 Loss
Game 5: 3-1 Loss

The Sabres went on the lose to the Calgary Flames in the Stanley Cup Finals.​

Last edited:

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Canucks Knock Off Oilers In 5; Will Play Kings In WCF

The Vancouver Canucks will advance to the Western Conference finals for the third year in a row after they made quick work of the Edmonton Oilers. The Canucks lost game 1 4-3 in overtime, but came back to win the next 4 in a row in convincing fashion. Game 2 was a 3-0 shutout, while games 3 and 4 were 5-1 and 5-2 victories in which Edmonton goaltender Jonas Hiller was lit up early and often. Game 5 was a tightly-contested affair that ended in a 1-0 shutout.

The Canucks will face the Kings, who defeated the Ducks in 5 games, in the Western Conference finals.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Important update, please read!!

"Wheelin' and Dealin'"
Tampa Bay Lightning 2013 Draft Report

draft2013.png

images

Nathan Mackinnon, the most hyped draft pick since Sidney Crosby, will begin his career with the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Everyone watching the 2013 NHL draft felt like they were experiencing deja vu. Just like last year, the Tampa Bay Lightning traded for the first overall selection in the draft. Nathan Mackinnon was selected with the pick, and is expected to be a franchise player. The details of the trade are below, along with two other deals that the Bolts made during the draft.

[FIELDSET="Tampa Bay Draft Day Trades"]

Tampa Bay Receives: 2013 1st Round Pick + Devante Smith-Pelly
i

Anaheim Receives: 2013 1st + Jonny Oduya + PA Parenteau

Tampa Bay Receives: Alex Edler + Anthony Bardaro (TWF A-,A-,B)

i
21_Bardaro,Anthony4043.jpg

Vancouver Receives: Marty St. Louis + Chris Phillips + 2013 3rd round pick

Tampa Bay Receives: 2014 2nd Round Pick

St Louis Receives: Brian Lee
[/FIELDSET]

The Lightning drafted two notable prospects this year. Here is what TSN had to say:
[FIELDSET="2013 Tampa Bay Draft Picks"]
1st Round: Nathan Mackinnon
Very fast skater, with a hard shot and amazing playmaking ability. Gets creative in the offensive zone, but is weak defensively.
Comparison: Sidney Crosby
Career projection: Franchise player, top line forward

4th Round: Rasmus Ristolainen
Smart two-way defender, is great positionally, and has strong offensive skill. Needs to work on being more physical.
Comparison: Kimmo Timonen
Career projection: second pairing, two-way defenseman[/FIELDSET]​

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada

Yeah, EA seems to have a hard time with "realistic" salary expectations for younger, better players. and Wow! How much did Yaks ask for? $4m+?

It would work!! just make sure you have some scrub(cheap) players as "dressed" but not in the lineup and you should be ok with the cap!!

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
"Wheelin' and Dealin'"
Tampa Bay Lightning 2013 Draft Report

draft2013.png

images

Nathan Mackinnon, the most hyped draft pick since Sidney Crosby, will begin his career with the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Everyone watching the 2013 NHL draft felt like they were experiencing deja vu. Just like last year, the Tampa Bay Lightning traded for the first overall selection in the draft. Nathan Mackinnon was selected with the pick, and is expected to be a franchise player. The details of the trade are below, along with two other deals that the Bolts made during the draft.

[FIELDSET="Tampa Bay Draft Day Trades"]

Tampa Bay Receives: 2013 1st Round Pick + Devante Smith-Pelly
i

Anaheim Receives: 2013 1st + Jonny Oduya + PA Parenteau

Tampa Bay Receives: Alex Edler + Anthony Bardaro (TWF A-,A-,B)

i
21_Bardaro,Anthony4043.jpg

Vancouver Receives: Marty St. Louis + Chris Phillips + 2013 3rd round pick

Tampa Bay Receives: 2014 2nd Round Pick

St Louis Receives: Brian Lee
[/FIELDSET]

The Lightning drafted two notable prospects this year. Here is what TSN had to say:
[FIELDSET="2013 Tampa Bay Draft Picks"]
1st Round: Nathan Mackinnon
Very fast skater, with a hard shot and amazing playmaking ability. Gets creative in the offensive zone, but is weak defensively.
Comparison: Sidney Crosby
Career projection: Franchise player, top line forward

4th Round: Rasmus Ristolainen
Smart two-way defender, is great positionally, and has strong offensive skill. Needs to work on being more physical.
Comparison: Kimmo Timonen
Career projection: second pairing, two-way defenseman[/FIELDSET]​

Wow! you really swept up at the draft!!!:handclap::handclap:
Just remember to not make your team TOO good, if you get bored after winning the cup. :sarcasm:
I know how tempting it is and how easy it is to steal other teams good players(most of them anyways!)

hockey17jp

Lets Go Jackets!
Apr 11, 2012
Columbus
Hey guys, offseason report is coming soon for my Blue Jackets GM.

I was wondering if any of you guys edit prospects and how you do it. I tried editing guys like Yakupov and Galchenyuk but it didn't work. When I got Dougie Hamilton in last years draft, he has only B- potential. I know I gave him more than that when I edited him. Why didn't it carry over?

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Wow! you really swept up at the draft!!!:handclap::handclap:
Just remember to not make your team TOO good, if you get bored after winning the cup. :sarcasm:
I know how tempting it is and how easy it is to steal other teams good players(most of them anyways!)

Haha, thanks. My team isn't TOO good yet, our bottom six could use improvement, and soon I will have young rookies replacing veterans.

Hey guys, offseason report is coming soon for my Blue Jackets GM.

I was wondering if any of you guys edit prospects and how you do it. I tried editing guys like Yakupov and Galchenyuk but it didn't work. When I got Dougie Hamilton in last years draft, he has only B- potential. I know I gave him more than that when I edited him. Why didn't it carry over?

You probably didn't save and then load up the roster after editing the rookies.

MC Ride

Feels bad man
Feb 4, 2009
Revise this deal for me :)

To Pittsburgh: Jarome Iginla

To Calgary: 1st Round Pick
3rd Round Pick
Eric Tangradi
Chris Kunitz

Thanks guys

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
League... I had no idea where to ask so this thread seemed reasonable.

To me: 1st 3rd 5th Tangradi Kunitz
for
Iginla

Not sure. I wouldn't do it... I have Iginla in another fantasy league. And as far as Iginla's point production its better then Tangradi and Kunitz. Kunitz might hit 50 points next year and Tangradi maybe 15-20. Iginla will probably score 40 goals next year playing with Hudler. And picks are good if your a rebuilding team.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Canucks Sweep Kings, Prepare For Stanley Cup Rematch With Islanders
May 21, 2013

The Canucks and Islanders are back in the finals this year after both teams swept their opponents in the conference finals. Last year's series ended up going down to the wire with the Luongo-led Islanders taking the cup home and Vancouver once again suffering an agonizing game 7 Stanley Cup final loss. Vancouver is as desperate as ever to take home the cup this year.

The starting line-ups for tomorrow night's game in Long Island:

Vancouver Canucks
A. McDonald - S. Crosby - M. St Louis
V. Prospal - N. Backstrom - J. Jagr
D. Hamel - M. Reasoner - S. Glennie
K. Calder - S. Koivu - N. Niederreiter

A. Edler - D. Boyle
F. Kuba - K. Bieksa
R. Josi - S. Robidas

D. Dubnyk
D. Aebischer

Scratches: C S. Nichol, LD D. Janik, RD A. Delmore
Injuries: None

New York Islanders
P. Bouchard - V. Lecavalier - P. Kane
N. Kulemin - M. Frolik - D. Cleary
J. Chimera - M. Stajan - L. Omark
R. Craig - M. Rupp - J. Winchester

M. Greene - N. Lidstrom
M. Bergeron - M. Streit
R. Petiot - M. Jurcina

R. Luongo
R. DiPietro

Scratches: None
Injuries: LD M. Ohlund (Strained Hamstring)

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
OttawaSUN-new-logo_CS2_url-copy-300x300.jpg

2012-2013 SENATORS SEASON PROSPECTUS

OTTAWA SENATORS
spezza.jpg

LW | C | RW
Milan Michalek|Jason Spezza (C)|Mike Fisher
Bobby Butler|Jarret Stoll|Kyle Turris
Nick Foligno|Sami Pahlsson|Lee Stempniak
Travis Moen|Zack Smith|Chris Neil
LD | RD
Nicklas Lidstrom|Chris Phillips
Jared Cowen (A)|Erik Karlsson
Sergei Gonchar (A)|Rob Scuderi
G
Craig Anderson
Jose Theodore

BINGHAMTON SENATORS
dynamic_resize

LW | C | RW
Nikita Filatov|Peter Regin|Mike Hoffman
Tomas Zaborsky|Stephane Da Costa (A)|Jakob Silfverberg
Jim O'Brien|Derek Grant|Andre Petersson
David Dziurzynski (C)|Pat Cannone|Mark Stone
LD | RD
Cameron Gaunce (A)|Matt Gilroy
Patrick Wiercioch|Eric Gryba
Anton Klementyev|Mark Pysyk
G
Robin Lehner
Ben Bishop

TOP PROSPECTS
(Requirements: In AHL, B- or higher prospect rating)
ottawa-robin-lehner.jpg

POS | Name | Age | Rating
G|Robin Lehner|21|80 OVR A-BB
LW|Nikita Filatov|22|78 OVR BB-B-
C|Joel Armia|19|75 OVR BCB-
D|Cameron Gaunce|22|75 OVR B-B-B-
LW|Tomas Zaborsky|24|75 OVR B-B-B-
D|Fredrik Claesson|19|74 OVR B-AB
LW|Matt Puempel|19|72 OVR AB-B
RW|Stefan Noesen|19|71 OVR B-A-B-
RW|Mark Stone|20|B-BC
LW|Corey Cowick|23|71 OVR B-B-B-
D|Nathan Glass|18|68 OVR ABB-
D|Jordan Fransoo|19|68 OVR BCA-
RW|Michal Vachovec|20|67 OVR B-A-B
LW|Mark Tremaine|18|64 OVR B-AB-

- Bruce Garrioch

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Canucks Win Game 1 2-1 In OT; Islanders Lose Lecavalier To Injury After Hit From Behind
May 23, 2013

The Canucks took game 1 in controversial fashion last night after a devastating hit from behind on Islanders' captain Vincent Lecavalier by Canucks' captain Sidney Crosby ended up leading directly to the game-winning overtime goal by Martin St Louis. The Islanders were understandably outraged last night when the call went unpenalized and will be even more outraged to learn that there is no supplementary discipline coming for Sidney Crosby.

Game 2 starts at 7 PM eastern on Long Island in New York and it is expected to be an emotional game after the incident in game 1.

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
US_Hockey.gif
DEVILS FINISH 2ND IN DIVISION
:devils
82GP - 45W - 23L - 14OTL - 104PTS (5th East)​

The New Jersey Devils set new records this season posting 14 overtime losses. The Devils had a great season, when its all said and done much of that would be thanks to new general manager Tom Renney. After he struggled in Anaheim for several years he comes to New Jersey and posts a 45 win season with 104 points. A career best for gm Tom Renney.

Mattias Tedenby stood out this season lighting the lamp 32 times this season for 2nd best on the Devils roster, behind Kovulchuk who netted 41 goals. Tedenby recorded 9 more goals then last season and 10 more points which is a great sign for Devils fans. Adam Larsson also had a career high recording 11 goals this season. 9 of which came on the power play.

'This was a great season! I'm ecstatic that we made the playoffs, considering I came here with a very open mind about finishing in the bottom 5. I look forward to facing the Panthers in the first round.'
- Tom Renney

[FIELDSET="TOP 10 DEVILS SCORERS"]
Kovulchuk - 80GP - 41G - 45A - 87PTS
Zajac - 82GP - 26G - 49A - 75PTS
Vrbata - 82GP - 22G - 48A - 70PTS
Tedenby - 82GP - 32G - 26A - 58PTS
Josefson - 68GP - 13G - 37A - 50PTS
Larsson - 69GP - 11G - 31A - 42PTS
Greene - 82GP - 6G - 29A - 37PTS
Gilbert - 82GP - 7G - 29A - 36PTS
Niedereiter - 82GP - 14G - 22A - 36PTS
Grigorenko - 82GP - 19G - 16A - 35PTS

Bobrovsky - 58GP - 33W - 16L - 2.56GAA - .912SV% - 3SO
Lack - 24GP - 14W - 4L - 2.36GAA - .919SV% - 1SO
Budaj - 10GP - 5W - 4L - 3.21GAA - .892SV% - 0SO
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="TOP 10 LEAGUE SCORERS"]
TOR - Kessel - 82GP - 39G - 66A - 105PTS
WAS - Backstrom - 82GP - 24G - 67A - 91PTS
BOS - Seguin - 82GP - 34G - 57A - 91PTS
STL - Ryan - 82GP - 34G - 56A - 90PTS
CHI - Toews - 82GP - 29G - 60A - 89PTS
TB - Stamkos - 82GP - 45G - 44A - 89PTS
NJ - Kovulchuk - 80GP - 41G - 46A - 87PTS
WAS - Ovechkin - 82GP - 37G - 49A - 86PTS
CHI - Sharp - 82GP - 37G - 49A - 86PTS
NYR - Gaborik - 78GP - 35G - 50A - 85PTS

CAR - Ward - 39W - 11L - 1.92GAA
VAN - Luongo - 37W - 17L - 2.38GAA
EDM - Dubnyk - 37W - 20L - 2.78GAA

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ROUND 1 PREVIEW"]
Florida don't have any considerably flashy players, however rookie Jonathan Huberdeau did have one heck of an NHL debut recording 79 points in 82 games and is likely to be the Calder Trophy winner.

Florida also signed UFA Jonas Hiller during the off season and helped carry his new team to the playoffs recording 35 wins and a 2.53GAA and .914SV%.

New Jersey will be starting the playoffs without defenseman Henrik Tallinder who had 19 points all season in 81 games and went down with an MCL Sprain in the last game of the season. He will likely be out until the third round of the playoffs if the Devils make it that far. Along with Tallinder, is second line center Jacob Josefson who is suffering from a concussion and will likely miss the whole playoffs as well.
[/FIELDSET]

:devils
Projected Lineup

Kovulchuk - Zajac - Vrbata
Tedenby - Henrique - Grigorenko
Niederreiter - Lindgren - Bourque
Bartcshi - Gottzman - Greenop

Gilbert - Larsson
Sauer - Greene
Murray - Urbom

Bobrovsky
Budaj

:panthers
Projected Lineup

Versteeg - Fleischman - Mueller
Bergenheim - Weiss - Upshall
Skille - Huberdeau - Kopecky
Wright - Matthias - Bergfors

Kulikov - Campbell
Aulie - Gudbranson
Mikkelson - Ellerby

Hiller
Markstrom​

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Tampa Bay Lightning Offseason Report

[FIELDSET="Bolts Free Agent Signings"]
brodin.jpg

Signed Jonas Brodin for 1 year, $0.95M

i

Signed Tim Thomas for 1 year, $2M

i

Signed Simon Gagne for 2 years, $4.2M

i

Signed Chris Neil for 2 years, $1.8M
[/FIELDSET]

2013-14 Roster

Simon Gagne - Steven Stamkos - Teddy Purcell
Ryan Malone - Vincent Lecavalier - Brett Connolly
Matt Schoblocher - Jarret Stoll - Chris Neil
Steve Bernier - Nate Thompson - George Parros

Alex Edler - Victor Hedman
Paul Martin - Jared Cowen
Matt Carle - Eric Brewer

Antti Niemi
Tim Thomas

Top Prospects
D Ryan Murray (77 OVR, A,A,B)
RW Nathan Mackinnon (76 OVR, A, C, A-)
G Andrei Vasilevski (81 OVR, B,C,B)
LW Teuvo Teravainen (77 OVR, B, A-, B-)
C Anthony Bardaro (73 OVR, A-,A-,B)
D Jonas Brodin (77 OVR, B,B,A-)
D Luke Fenske (72 OVR, B,A-,B-)
D Rasmus Ristolainen (B,B-B-)
LW Devante Smith-Pelly (77 OVR, B-,B-,B-)
D Keith Aulie (80 OVR, B-,B-,B-)

Mhoogasian94123

Yeah, EA seems to have a hard time with "realistic" salary expectations for younger, better players. and Wow! How much did Yaks ask for? $4m+?

It would work!! just make sure you have some scrub(cheap) players as "dressed" but not in the lineup and you should be ok with the cap!!

Yaks wanted a 5yr $7.5million deal. I got him to accept an 6-8 yr $7.00 million deal. I got RNH and Dougie Hamilton to sign similar deals. Those are 3 of my top guys (I got the #1 pick in 2013).I've got a lethal top line. :yo::yo::yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad