NHL 12 Be A Pro Thread

Tedenboozled

Mar 4, 2011
I'm getting this game next week and I'm wondering if I can request a trade or get traded naturally if I don't want to play for a certain team, because I fear the possibility of being drafted by the Rangers. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
I'm getting this game next week and I'm wondering if I can request a trade or get traded naturally if I don't want to play for a certain team, because I fear the possibility of being drafted by the Rangers. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Nope, once you get drafted your stuck for 3 seasons.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
So using the Moose Jaw Warriors, Quinton Howden gets injured for our team for a long time. He gets injured, but production just went down haha, however he's healthy now but the CPU won't put in back in the line up? This is stupid.

Scott Hall

The Bad Guy
Jul 11, 2008
So I just realized that a lot of the unlocks are broken. I just finished my 2nd season in the NHL, 3rd season overall (started in the OHL) and lots of the perks that were supposed to unlock, such as winning the Conn Smythe and playing at least 40 games for 2 seasons, didn't unlock.

It's very disheartening to know that I put in all this effort and it didn't work. I did scour the EA boards and yup, no fix is on the way for these issues.

On a side note:

IMG_0180.jpg

I probably should have noticed this game was buggy when this how they spelled Wayne's last name... :help:

Edit - I am playing on Pro difficulty for the first two seasons, and now All-Star for my second NHL season.

Last edited:

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
How many games can I simulate in CHL and no still be drafted in the first round? One of five games? One of ten?

connor macdavid

Press Box Rat
Dec 24, 2008
Ottawa
Carlos Verde

Name : Carlos Verde
Position : Center
HT : 5'11
WT : 186
CITY : OTTAWA

Player Type : Playmaker*

* - Chose playmaker simply because it is so much easier to rack up assists as opposed to goals on the upper difficulties.
** - 17 so I only have to play one season in the O...I plan on playing every game so I don't want to make the same mistake I did on my first BAP on NHL 12 (I joined the 67s...scored 150 points when I was 15 because I put my real age in...and was stuck in the O for another two years...lost interest halfway thru my second season:P).

I've decided to NOT be a 67 for once, to get a little bit different of experience in BAP. I'll still be in the OHL, but I'm going with Brampton.

I'm just going to be playing on Pro because I'm not great at NHL 12 (150 points were on rookie :$) .

They're expecting me to get 52 assists (that's definitely doable in the OHL on Pro..), and chip in with 79 points (Alright...27 goals....also fairly doable).

Must-haves :
52 Assists
79 Points

Nice To Have :
145 Shots (Why...I'm a playmaker not a sniper!?!)
Happy To See 26 Goals... (Ohh so I could have 0G, 79A and they'd be OK with that...)

Last edited:

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Has anyone here actually had fun playing Be A Pro as a goalie? I just don't understand how people do it, I tried and you get like 10 shots on net the CPU just dumps everything in. No breakaways, 2 on 1s, or anything remotely challenging at a consistent basis. (facing no shots then an unstoppable one timer then facing no shots for another 40 minutes doesn't count)

Are there any slider adjustments that can be made to make this thing playable?

Kallejohansson

Jan 24, 2012
Decided to start a new one, wasn't really fun playing in Phoenix. I led the team with like 30 points in 47 games, then some random AHL'ers who happened to play on my line. Turris had like 15 points in ~50 games - not realistic.

Inspired from Erik Karlssons rampage in NHL, I started a career as an undersized offensive defenceman.

Name: Jiri Tacek
Team: Sarnia Sting (mostly for the PP-unit with Yakupov and Galchenyuk :yo:)
Position: Offensive Defenceman

So far I've played 7 games. The first games was pretty hard, I'm REALLY lost in my own zone. More often than not I find myself watching around the blueline or the boards. The offensive play is more fun, 2 goals and 3 assists so far, but a -1. My players is about 5 ft 9" (175cm), and weighs about 72kg... Not really big, so the bigger forwards really shuffles me around in our own zone, and the only guys I'm able to tackle is the other undersized europeans haha.

NHL is going to be tough, would probably need a year or two in the AHL after my draft year but that never happens unfortunately.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Wtf? I keep getting automatically pulled off the ice in game. Sometimes I have a nice length shift, get off myself, other I got out for five seconds and get pulled back? Pissing me off, I was on a partial break when this **** happened. My player just wound up and put a slapper in the goalies chest n went to the bench. :help:

Scott Hall

The Bad Guy
Jul 11, 2008
Wtf? I keep getting automatically pulled off the ice in game. Sometimes I have a nice length shift, get off myself, other I got out for five seconds and get pulled back? Pissing me off, I was on a partial break when this **** happened. My player just wound up and put a slapper in the goalies chest n went to the bench. :help:

Did you press square (for PS3)?
If it automatically gets off for you, that means you pressed the change line button - or your controller is messed up.

I had that happen with my PS3 controller where if I press too hard on the direction thumb stick, it automatically acted as the triangle button.

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
NAME: David Moquin
POSITION: Defense
PLAYER TYPE: Offensive Defenseman
HT: 6'1"
WT: 182lbs
SHOOTS: Left
TEAM: Peterborough Petes (OHL)
OVR: 70

EXPECTATIONS:

- 46 Assists
- 65 Points
- 211 Shots
- +15 (or better)

I shall update as the season progresses.

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
NAME: David Moquin
POSITION: Defense
PLAYER TYPE: Offensive Defenseman
HT: 6'1"
WT: 182lbs
SHOOTS: Left
TEAM: Peterborough Petes (OHL)
OVR: 70

EXPECTATIONS:

- 46 Assists
- 65 Points
- 211 Shots
- +15 (or better)

I shall update as the season progresses.

UPDATE:

Peterborough finished first in the season, won the playoffs, but lost to Val-d'or in the Memorial Cup Finals.

Next came the draft. Ended up being drafted in the first round, 27th overall by the....... Toronto Maple Leafs.

As for the expectations; each were met with success.

- 46 assists (75 total)
- 65 points (108 total)
- 211 shots (224 total)
- +15 or better (+95 total)

Riggsinator

May 6, 2009
Has anyone here actually had fun playing Be A Pro as a goalie? I just don't understand how people do it, I tried and you get like 10 shots on net the CPU just dumps everything in. No breakaways, 2 on 1s, or anything remotely challenging at a consistent basis. (facing no shots then an unstoppable one timer then facing no shots for another 40 minutes doesn't count)

Set your teams tactics to be more up-ice oriented. Set the defensive pressure to "contain" and set the defensive tactics to "tight point". I think that is what i used to use in NHL 11 and would actually see some shots rather consistently. However, I never played many games because would only see like 7 shots and at the end of the game they would get one or two just because of the tilted ice and all that other bullcrap then have a save% of .788 and a GAA of 0.5 by season's end.

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
Just had my guy get in a fight, to complete the Gordie Howe hat-trick.. The name in the corner was my name, but the actual guy in the fight.. was Colton Orr. o_O Has this type of thing happened to any of you before??

TA1 Sports

@TA_Stephenson
Dec 3, 2011
Halifax NS
www.ta1sports.com

I've had that happen before, definitely slipped up and hit square ( if you're playing PS3 )

If not, I don't know, lol

David Moose

Feb 4, 2012
The key to BAP goalie-ing is the settings you use. You need to have the periods long enough to get plenty of saves, while also hoping your AI will score.

I've personally found it gets better the higher you progress up the game; in the CHL it can still be a challenge for your AI to score, even if you turn all the settings down. But once you're in the NHL and your stats are better, you can have some crackingly good games.

The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada

basically, turn down hitting power, stick lift effectiveness, poke effectiveness all the way down for human and turn all those up for CPU and have it on Superstar or whatever

You will get more shots, but it will be more difficult for ur team to score though

WillieMitchellRocks

Nov 22, 2006
I've got to say that I'm disappointed with just how buggy this game is. My Xbox isn't currently hooked up to the internet so I haven't done any updates since I bought the disc - I wonder if any of them would solve the problems?

Just a random list of issues that come to mind:

*Commentators often make references to things that are not happening in the game (a common one is when they talk about one team or the other getting back to even strength when they were actually on the powerplay)
*Despite winning the Art Ross and pretty much every other trophy my BAP player doesn't see any Powerplay, PK, or Overtime ice time.
*Powerplay stats are broken - my team has a "100%" efficiency rating because EA reversed their successful powerplay percentage. Same with the PK.
*Some of the spelling mistakes and grammatical errors are just atrocious. This game just isn't polished.
*Many achievements are broken; Scoring 50 goals in 39 games is the first that comes to mind.
*Another achievement issue is that it seems to be hit or miss whether or not Playoff games count toward legends milestones.

Gameplay-wise there are a few issues as well

*Sometimes I get stuck on the bench without an option to sim to my next shift... I have to sit there hoping for a stoppage in play.
*Another bench issue is that sometimes the player coming off the ice just stands frozen next to the benches and I can't get on the ice. This is frustrating as well.
*So far I have been lucky; the game has only frozen once on a loading screen.
*There are times where the game gets very, very laggy for short periods.
*Camera issues, camera issues, camera issues... I'm not even going to bother going into detail.

That is a lot to deal with for a $60 game.

Mokemon

Twitter: @ElManazer
Mar 4, 2012
Name: Mikael Granlund
Position: Forward
Player type: Playmaker
Height: 180 cm / 5'10"
Weight: 83 kg / 183 lbs
Shoots: Left
Team: Minnesota Wild (Houston Aeros)
Overall: 79 (A-, B, B)
Number: 64

Expectations:
- 36 Assists
- 51 Points
- 99 Shots
- 13 Goals

Mokemon

Twitter: @ElManazer
Mar 4, 2012
Name: Larry Sather
Position: Forward
Player type: Power forward
Height: 196cm
Weight: 98kg
Shoots: Left
Team: Medicine Hat Tigers
Overall: 70
Number: 61

Season stats:
Games: 44
Goals: 129
Assists: 76
Penalty minutes: 645 min
+/-: +178
Powerplay goals: 8
Penaltykill goals: 14
Winning goals: 15
Game equalizer: 1
Shots: 635
S%: 20,3
Tackle: 637

regard

Nov 9, 2009
Staal Debates
I'm playing BAP in Pro difficulty. I could certainly play in All Star but Im greedy for experience points right now. (In Be a GM mode I generally crank up the difficulty more and more in the playoffs to make it harder to win the cup.)

Position=C
Type=Playmaker
Team=Portland Winterhawks
Ht=6'2
Weight=around 200

I dont remember my exact stats for the season. I lead the league in assists and points and was second in goals(second to my own winger of course). I had 200+ pts total. I remember looking up the scoring record for the WHL online and coming a couple pts short of that.
I also lead the league in Shots on goal, hits and takeaways. Also giveaways. lol And I was in the top 10 in PIMs. I started out at 16 so next year Ill try to be more diciplined.
Wish they kept the blocked shot stat, I average at least 4 per game.
Started the season with Boychuck and Ross. Ended up centering Niederreiter and Rattie. Nino was injured multiple times but Rattie ended the season with 70+ goals.

Won the WHL championship with around 50 pts in 15 games last night. Really padded my stats in the last few games as I went head to head with RNH and the Rebels.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad